• This topic has 24 replies, 18 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Davina.
Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have always wanted to have a correct bra fitting done. This is my amazing journey.

If I am going to be investing some money into clothing including bras, lingerie and other women’s clothing, I feel that having the correct bra size is important. I started looking around the internet for different stories and see what other crossdressers had experienced. I guess that is a little of my OCD but if I am going to purchase anything, I have to do my research.

I should have saved the link but I found this amazing story of a crossdresser that found a boutique that helped her out. The owner was mice enough to open for him late after closing. She even asked an employee to stay a little late to help. They went through the whole process. Tried on a couple of different bras. The owner and employee gave their honest opinion. After the correct bra was chosen, they even let her try on some other sexy lingerie and even some shapewear. I was determined to find a local store that could provide me with the same experience.

So a couple of weeks ago, I headed onto Google Maps and found the closest (some local and some in a neighboring town) independent lingerie/bra stores and started to contact them mostly by a carefully worded email. I started to get emails back slowly and I wasn’t very happy with what I was reading. Some of the responses included

“Unfortunately, as discreet and comfortable as I am, my services are provided for bodies with full bust or no busts due to breast cancer loss. I take my employ quite seriously & as a result, will advise that I’m not comfortable fitting you.”

Then I started to get some positive replies but lots of these stores don’t deal with larger or plus sized women.

“Based on your measurements, your size would be about a 40 or 42 A or B. Unfortunately, we have very limited options in those sizes, and what we do have are quite standard and simple looking.”

I contacted some of the more commercial lingerie stores but I knew that the majority of these stores would also have limited options available. So, in my location, Ontario, Canada, there are only a few women’s clothing stores that will cater to larger/plus sized customers and sell bras and lingerie. They are Penningtons and Torrid. We used to have Addition Elle stores but they closed back in August of 2021. I tried to use the customer support channel for these commercial stores but that didn’t lead me anywhere so I started to call the stores and talked to the Manager.

My first store was Penningtons. I called and I talked to someone (I should have probably asked for the manager) and I was open and honest, I asked if they had ever done a bra fitting for a man and she said, “Nope but if you want to make an appointment, I think we can help you.” She thinks. No thanks. I wanted this to be discreet and something that they had done before.

Then I called Torrid. I don’t remember if I asked for the manager or not but a nice lady came on phone and introduced herself as Tracy. I said “Hello Tracy. I am wondering if you or someone at your location has done a bra fitting for a man.” Her response was “Yeah. We have. All of the girls here have. Would you like to have a bra fitting?”

At that moment, I felt a sense of relief. A weight lifted off my shoulders. She was honest and confident in her answer which brought me a sense of calm. I replied back, “Yes I would but I want to be discreet. I don’t want to upset your customers or your staff.” She completely understood and she appreciated me mentioning that. She said, “When you come in, hopefully it won’t be too busy and I will get you into a change room as quickly as I can without too many people noticing.” I said that would be perfect. I will call you in the next few days to setup an appointment and see what would be the best time for me to come in.”

So as some of you already know (well whomever was in chat), yesterday I called my local Torrid store and setup an appointment for a proper bra fitting for last night. Luckily, I had an excuse to go to the mall without my wife. I told her that I was going to going shoe shopping for a wedding coming up.

On my way to the mall, I quickly called the store to see how busy it was and Tracy told me to come on in and she will help me. Immediately I had butterflies in my stomach. Thinking to myself, “Is this really going to happen now?” Calming myself down, I started to think about all of my adventures lately being out and wearing a bra and all of those were great experiences with no incidents or problems. I said to myself, “You got this GIRL!”

As I walked in the store, there were a couple of ladies shopping for different items. A dress caught my eye so I immediately went over to see it. As I am looking at the dress, a lady approached me and said quietly “Hello, how can I help you. My name is Tracy.” A smile came over my face and she knew exactly who I was. She said for me to follow her and she has a changeroom already saved for me.

Great start so far!

She comes into the changeroom, closes the door and asks me to lift my arms. She wraps the measuring tape around me and then asks me, “Are you wearing a bra?” I said, “Yes but it was something I picked up quickly. I don’t know if it is the right size. Hence me coming in to have this done.”

“Well, let us take a look then.”

I take off my t-shirt to reveal my Genie padded bra. “First off, I didn’t even notice that you were wearing one if you were concerned. Secondly, I think this is a little tight. You can probably go a size bigger.” She then proceeded to show me why it was too night.

“Lets go back to your fitting.” She wrapped the measuring tape back around me and said, “OK so you are a 40”. Then she moved the tape up a bit and measured my chest. “Well, you are definitely natural 2 inches or a B cup but I am going to assume you would like something a little bigger.” I nodded and said, “But I don’t want them to be too big. I would like them to have a natural look.”

“Then I think you should either go with a C or D cup. Personally with your shape, a C might be better.” I again nodded. She said, “Just wait here and I am going to see if I can find you some bras to try on. Oh, by the way, I can put a star on the door instead of your name.” I gently said, “You can put Michelle.”

“Ok perfect.” Gives me a huge smile and a little wink and headed out. A couple of minutes later, I hear a knock on the door and I hear “Michelle, can I come in” It was so nice to hear my girly name said to me for the first time. I wanted to say “YES” but I didn’t want to say anything with my male voice so I just opened the door to the changeroom. I think I was blushing when she came in.

She had given me 3 bras for me to try. 1 of them I put it on and quickly took it off. Not for me. The second I put it on and I heard “How’s it going in there Michelle?”  I opened the door, telling her that she could come in. She looked at me in my new bra and said, “Now that looks good! Actually amazing!” She asked me to turn around and she looked at the back. “Perfect! I really like this bra on you, Michelle.” There was my name again. Euphoria! I loved hearing my name.

“Ok try on the other 2 and let me know what you think.” I quickly said, “I tried this one on and I didn’t like it. I took it off immediately. I’ll try on the other one.” 

I quickly changed bras and Tracy came back in. “That one looks nice.”

“I like it but I don’t like the straps and the way that they come up. wearing a t-shirt like this one it is nice but I am afraid that I wear anything else, you are going to see that straps, which is a huge sign that I am wearing a bra.” She agreed and said, “Ok. Take off that one and put the other one back on. I will be right back.”

“I will be right back???” I agreed but now I was a little baffled. Why is she asking me to put the other one back on. I did as she said and a couple of minutes later, I hear a knock and “Are you ok Michelle?” I open the door and Tracy walks in with a couple of pieces of clothing:

• A black silk camisole.
      • A beautiful light blue blouse with a flower pattern.
      • The dress I had my eye on when I walked in.

“Why not give these a try. You have amazing blue eyes so I wanted to see how these would look on you.” I was absolutely shocked. I was literally on Cloud 9. She continued, “Well you need a nice cami and this one will compliment the bra. I think this blouse will look nice with your eyes and you already had an eye on this one.” She gives me a huge smile and a giggle.

I tried on each item. Each felt amazing and Tracy came into the changeroom to give her opinion too. The silk camisole felt amazing and looked great. Tracy agreed. The blouse she picked out looked great. The dress I picked out looked great on the rack but, unfortunately, did not look good on myself.

I changed into my normal clothes and waited a few minutes. No Tracy so I slightly opened the door to see if anyone was outside. The coast looked clear so I opened the door and headed out of the changeroom. There were 2 women standing there that I could not see from the crack of my door. So I looked them straight in the eye, smiled and said, “Excuse me ladies” and walked right past them. One gave me a nice smile and the other gave a stunned (not weird) look.

I went to the cash and said to Tracy, “Those other clothes are lovely but I think I am only going to get the bra today.” I had tried on the black version but ended up getting the “beige/nude” version. I am going to go back to get the black one soon.

** If you want to post the pictures and/or links to the items that I looked at, let me know and I will post them. **

As I waited to pay, I pulled up my phone and gave the store a 5 star rating on Google Maps. I waited to post it because I wanted to show her the review.

Before leaving, I had to thank Tracy for an amazing experience and it will be something I will never forget. The last thing she said was, “It was a pleasure helping you today. Please come back soon if you want to do some more shopping and trying on some different outfits.” I was smiling from ear-to-ear. One very satisfied customer.

Thank you Tracy! Thank you Torrid!

Michelle. This is such a heartwarming story. I am so happy for you.  Guess that is one off your bucket list. 😁

I have always wanted to get a bra fitting although I have way more bras than my fiancée I think a trip to Torrid sounds divine.  Also, I am a sucker for pretty camisoles so that’s another reason to go

Thank you for sharing this with everyone

Hugs

Susan

Davina
      Lady

Michelle, what an amazing story. How wonderful!!!

I loved my fitting. The SA was very helpful. She knew exactly what I was after. It helped she was so understanding, as her husband is a crossdresser too.

Anonymous
      Lady

Thank you so much for such detailed sharing and written so well too. Happy you had such a great experience and I’m sure you’ll be back there again. Next time you’ll be more relaxed. As Tracy said, all the employees there have helped CD’s in the past and you now have a friend in her. I would love to go for a bra fitting but with over 60 bras I think I’ve figured it out.

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

Fantastic story! Many similar experiences, like buying a swimsuit, convince me more of us do likewise. Your idea of advance notice is smart, I believe. It eases tension to know you are welcomed, and identifying a friendly saleslady is special… a friend for life, someone you may even want to meet for a meal or an event you can go dressed! I did likewise for wigs. I was surprised not all places are welcoming. Good to know before arrival. Never a bad experience at a nail salon, but an owner came in special after my query, to keep an eye on me, I believe. To be not just accepted but welcomed is always a treat! It is great to know you can talk openly to a lady accepting and encouraging your femme self. You found a key to fun and success! OK if $ is a motivator. It is well earned.

Anonymous
      Lady

So glad you had a very positive experience with Torrid. I have found them to be very accepting of crossdressers wanting nice clothing and are more than happy to help. It is a shame that other places aren’t as accepting because they are losing out on profits because once a place goes out of it’s way to be accepting of everyone the word does get out and their business increases.

Anonymous

What a great story, Michelle.  I’m happy for you.  Thanks for sharing.

Great. I’ve been to several lingerie shops for fittings. Had pleasant times with all the people who helped me. Saleswomen are open minded and thrilled to help. Love to hear positive stories/ experiences

Hi Michelle. I couldn’t wait to read your story after you shared it on chat.  Honestly I’m not surprised about Torrid…the one I go is making and always been super helpful. Love Torrid!  Congrats to you. It’s a big step to do what you one…one warning!  It’s addictive so start saving some more $$ for shopping!

carole

btw if you fill out the survey on the receipt you will get 10% off you next purchase…even if it’s on sale !

Survey already filled out. Hee Hee!
        I had to give Tracy all of the praise that was very much earned and deserved!

Fortunately for me, where I live, there are two very good places for bra fittings and lingerie selection that are trans and CD friendly. I live in Canada and we have one of the few remaining department stores, Hudson Bay, and I have never had a problem going in as Lauren and buying under fashions there or trying things on. My original bra fitting was done at a local specialty lingerie shop. I had it done prior to transitioning so went in drab mode at an appointed time when there were no other clients present, the lady that fit me is non binary so had no issues with me being trans.
      I now know my sizes and, from a bit of experience, the style that I like the best, and I wait until they’re on sale and then I grab a few more.

Hugs girls,

Lauren M

Hello Lauren,

First off, I am too so glad to live in Canada (Ontario).
        Also, I didn’t know that The Bay was trans/CD friendly.

Thank you for sharing.

Hugs and Kisses,
        Michelle

Hi Michelle, We have two of them here in Victoria, I started shopping at the downtown one located in the Bay Centre prior to transitioning. I told the sales ladies I was transgender and they all started to help me without any hesitation, which was really amazing considering what I was expecting. I have found, personally, that, when I tell them I am transgender, I am well received and treated with respect.

Hugs,

Lauren M

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I too recently had my first personal bra fitting and like Michelle, loved every second of it

See

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/bra-shopping-my-cups-runneth-over/

Happy (bra) dressing,

Caty.

Anonymous

Michelle,
      What a great experience. Sounds like my first bra store fitting at Dillard’s. Very exciting and nervous, sales girl told me to relax, I was actually shaking. Torrid is fabulous, bought a dress and blouse there last week. Actually walked out to sales floor in dress for another size and looked around found blouse. A few women were there and said I looked darling. 🤩

Hugs Ginger

Hi Ginger,

Now that is courageous to walk out in a dress to do some shopping. I don’t know if I could do that but I was terrified to go out in a bra and now I do. I was terrified before going for the bra fitting and that happened so, really, anything is possible!

Thank you for the encouragement!

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

What a great heart warming story! I’m so happy that you had such a positive experience!

💕Lara

Michelle –

Very happy for you, sounds like it was a lovely experience.  Maybe one day I can get the courage to go for a bra fitting.  Hope you’re able to return and get that dress you were able to try on.  Tracy sounds like a lovely lady.

XOXO

Suzanne

Wow, what an experience!

Three cheers for Torrid. Four cheers for Tracy.

Anonymous

Michelle,

It was a joy reading your story. So many helpful tips and a wonderfully written experience. I could share  your emotions as I read it.

I haven’t had a fitting, but we do have a Torrid here in Birmingham, AL and I’ll most likely go there when I store up enough courage.

Thanks

Much love,

Raquel

Give them a call first before you go. Talk to the manager. Tell them the 100% truth.

I hope you will be pleasantly surprised with what they say.

What is the worst that can happen. They hang up on you or they say, “Sorry we can’t help you.” No one is hurt. I have a really good feeling that will NOT happen!

I am replying back to my know post for 2 reasons.

Firstly, I want to thank each and every girl here for the wonderful encouragement and comments. I am so glad I found this community and how wonderful it is to see such a positive attitude from the majority of the members!

Secondly, As I said in my post, “started to contact them mostly by a carefully worded email” and I also started to call some stores.

If you have a Torrid close (or maybe in a close town such that if you go, you will not be noticed by your neighbor), pick up the phone, call them and ask for the manager. They are taught how to deal with calls like yours. What is the worst that can happen? “I am sorry sir but we would not be comfortable with providing you with that service at this location.” You say, “OK” and hang up the phone. To be honest, the girls in the store will maybe have a giggle about it for the rest of the day but not in front of you. No harm done to you.

As I said, I don’t know, and I don’t think I was talking to the Manager at Penningtons. I might just give them a call back and make sure that I do talk to the manager. Or maybe not. I am happy dealing with my local Torrid store.

Good luck ladies! Go for it! I really hope that you are pleasantly surprised!

Hugs and Kisses,
      Michelle

Davina
        Lady

Michelle, thanks for the tip on Torrid. I did look them up and found one not to far away. I will have to call them and see if I can schedule an appointment to go in. I do need an official bra fitting and help finding the right size panties.

Anonymous

Wow, Michelle, that is a beautiful story. One to be cherished. I know I don’t have the courage for that yet anyway, but I love reading these adventures. So many girls to look up to here.
      x

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?