Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello CDH just a poll to look back and see what influences, events, activities, that left a memorable imprint on us and had a significant hand in our crossdressing progression to who we or you are today. I feel this is a great place to be such understanding and support and would like for some who are struggling to see that although we are all different we are similar this poll I believe is just a tool to touch some who may need to see things in a light or different way that we are all who we are but we are not alone. We all learn differently in life some by being told others some by seeing be it an example or display  some by doing practicing or executing a process of some sort. Some people need one some two some all three and many have it repeated point is we are all special and deserved to be loved we can all continue to learn and grow.

Thanks April

Dressing in my sister’s clothes then my Mothers clothes when I was 12, And Pantyhose was just heavenly on my body if you know what I mean. Definitely were the things that set me on this path.

Well the poll is flipped from how I thought it would be the bottom is now the top and the top now the bottom. Lol

Gwyneth
      Lady

I had to read over a couple of times before I found the right one. I can’t believe I wasn’t the only one!

I had many influences in my CDing journey.

I remember trying on my mom’s panties when I was like 5 or 6.  I remember seeing her panties hanging in the bathroom for the longest time, one day I reached out and felt the material.  It was soooo smooth, soft, and felt luxurious vs. the burlap feeling white tight whities I wore.  Curiousity got the best of me one day and I put them on.  It felt amazing !

Ironically during my single digit years I don’t recall much dressing until early double digit years.

I found my mom’s one piece swimsuit and that is probably how I started my journey into woman’s swimsuits.

Other influences include seeing gorgeous woman on TV dressed beautifully and me wanting to look something like that.

I always knew right from the age of four that I was supposed to be a girl, so I started trying on my mom’s stuff early on because, in my brain, they seemed to be the right clothes. That has continued until I finally reached the point where I knew I was transgender, was dealing with gender dysphoria, and realized I needed to transition to who I am today, a trans woman named Lauren, legally a female.

Hugs girls,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous

Hi April!

It might be easier to list what did NOT influence us! 😉

Hugs,

Holly

The two main ones for me was wearing my mum’s clothes privately after the age of ten,I was actually twelve at the time.I put on a pair of pantyhose\tights and it did have a huge impact on me.Firstly,I was pleasantly surprised that they fitted me so well but at that age I was only a couple of inches shorter than my mother.Secondly, the hose looked great on me.My legs felt suitably girly.I didn’t try any other items of my mum’s clothing like skirts or shoes as I didn’t think they would fit me.Instead I wore my white school gym shorts.Not quite as nice as wearing a skirt but the white shorts give me the illusion of wearing hot pants which were very much in fashion at that time 1972.

I always cite the the above experience as my first official crossdressing episode.Did attempt to wear my mum’s stockings when I was five but my mother stopped me.Then at the age of ten I begged my female cousin to let me try on one of her skirts and a pair of her pantyhose.She did dress me in one of her dressses and put make up on me but I didn’t wear them for very long as my father had come to pick me up from my Aunt’s house to take me home.My dad didn’t appear to be too concerned about it,he just thought that my cousin and her female friend did it as a joke.

First time I saw a man dressed up as a woman was at a pantomime in the UK.He was playing the Dame in a production of RobinHood..The second guy I saw dressed up as a woman was on a  1966 television profile of Danny La Rue,who was one of our leading female impersonators for many years.I was equally intrigued about six years later when I saw Jim Bailey appear in a U.S variety show that was made for the British market.I thought he was incredible.I was sorry I didn’t to see his guest appearance on Here’s Lucy around that time.I have seen it on YouTube recently.

Interesting survey for me. Having no crossdressing experiences as a child or teen all of my experiences came as an adult. As such, my responses are all from the end of the survey. MY primary influence I think was my wife, as I became curious of the clothing she was wearing – eventually trying them on myself when she was not around. I found it both sensual (in every sense of that word) and euphoric, but I curtailed this “kink” in my 40s thinking it was a bit over the top, and I disliked the sneakiness. At at age 69 when I was influenced by stories and videos on You Tube and elsewhere featuring CD and TG persons, and became attracted once again. When my wife was away I experimented by purchasing some ladies clothing – pantyhose, panties and heels – of my own so I did not have to sneak hers. The feeling this time was exhilarating, and after I told my wife and she was accepting, it took off. No turning back now!

my mom had no clean socks for me one morning for school, so she said “just put these on, no  one will notice” they were blue nylon tights, so I did and with out under ware to hot with them on and these tights, they felt great on my feet, all day I could tell I was wearing them….story short, changed my life, thank you mom for your tights and pantyhose and other things I walked around the apt wearing, while you were at work.

Were you quite happy to put them on and did anyone notice? My first experience was also with tights, (although I didn’t really have much choice in the matter) – but they’re one of those items that until you’ve tried wearing them, you just can’t conceive how they feel or even look. They pretty much form the basis for all of my outfits as well.

Davina
      Lady

For me, it was starting to wear my moms lingerie, (bras, slips , nylons)and dresses when I was under 10 years old. The feel of women’s clothing “hooked me”. The first time I slipped one of my moms dresses was life changing. I always wanted to cross dress from that point on.

This was one of my reasons for crossdressing by leaning how to look like and walk in highs would help to understand girls better so I could have lots of girlfriends

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi April,

I don’t have any childhood memories of dressing, or even having the urge to. This started at 59 years old, and the urge is quite strong.
      I do feel lucky, I’m sure I would have felt a lot of guilt, and shame when I was younger. Now I have reached an age that allows me not to care as much about such things anymore.

💕Lara

Lara I agree that it is probably easier for sure just like I believe it is easier with someone in their late teens or early twenty’s than it was 20 to 30 years ago or more.

Kimmie
          Lady

I don’t think I’ve ever felt shame about my dressing. I think of it more like avoiding humiliation because of how few people understand how harmless our dressing is. I’m not ashamed that I dress.

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi April.

“Death of a loved one”….. 4 votes….. interesting… just saying

Right I honestly thought based upon conversations with others at functions i have attended and what I have read there would be some. I appreciate everyone voting for what has influenced them as I believe it is another tool for anyone like us here and others soon to be new here to help them see there are many different things or experiences that have formed who they are and they fit in with the rest of us right where they are supposed to be.

Lola Caprice
        Baroness

I have had a couple friends on this site I have chatted with who would chose that option.  A way of keeping a wife or loved ones memory alive.  Especially later in life for someone who is not intersted in finding another spouse or partner.

Janet Woodham
        Duchess - Annual

My late wife knew I dressed and her passing was the not the trigger for me dressing, it did however spur me to question my gender identity more. That is a question I am still dealing with.

I think it is very interesting some of the reasons we have all selected here. If anyone would like to share any stories that are special to them it would be appreciated as I view them as a way to help others understand themselves and sometimes connect with others. I particularly find the death of a loved one would be a very personal experience for those influenced by it that is also intriguing to many of us that have not seen or heard of it as an influence. I have had discussions at two events that I have attended with crossdressers who have dressed with a significant influence from the death of a loved one. One was a twin whose sister had passed away when a young girl just before teenage years they were very close. The other was a crossdresser whose wife had passed and it was his way of connecting and feeling comfort from his wife. I understand these are personal stories but if any feel there is a way to share the special thoughts or feelings that might help another it is ok this is an understanding and supportive family thank you. April

I developed a fascination with crossdressing after wearing my older sister’s lingerie when i was about 8 or 9 years old, now when i get the chance to let Rozalyn out of the closet it’s nice to feel free now and again X

Hugs Rozalyn X 💋

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

As a pre-teen I would fake being sick so I could stay home alone and try on articles of my Mom’s clothes.   I would ball up socks as boobs and sometimes forgot to undo them when I was done.  I remember her saying once  “I dont know what kind of games you play with your socks but I wish you’d quit”as she was unbundling some she found in my room and assumed they needed to be washed.  If she only knew…or maybe she did.

💖Lola

Kimmie
        Lady

Well, I did the same, only I used stockings and pantyhose as boobs because they looked smoother than my socks.

Kimmie
      Lady

I had a tough time answering because several of the choices could have applied to me. I first crossdressed by wearing my mom’s lingerie, but that was influenced by early sexual-like experimentation with a neighbor girl.

Janet Woodham
      Duchess - Annual

Until seeing this I had forgotten, probably supressed the memory of my time at an all-boys school when they all called me by a girl’s name. I think it made we want to dress and I believe secretly I liked it. I even fantasised about going on date with one of them. I was about 14 I think. I thought no more about it but I guess it was always there.

Anonymous

Janet
        That’s how feel
        Fantize going on a date in full dress and exploring my curiosity and seeing if that is what I want

I started wearing my mom’s bras and panties.  I never went outside the home.  When I was older I did wear a bra and panties driving around with clothes over them.  I really never got into full crossdressing until my early 50’s. Make up, heels, etc.  Took awhile but after some time ventured out.  Wife found clothes and a pic that was sent to her file by mistake.  She was not happy.  We talked and I stopped(tried to stop).  But now am going full speed but still sneaking.  Since reading the other members notes, I am going to chat with her and let her know Karynn is still here.  I will live by what ever happens but Karynn will need to be allowed to be involved.

I feel bad about the manner in which that happened to you and has happened to others done as way to humiliate embarrass and punish or ridicule so mean and cruel.

I do also admires those who have been dressed in a loving or sometimes a fun way with some effort of authenticity with caring and honest love added in the process.

I to wish that your mother would have be able to do that in a nurturing loving way for you!

Hugs April

Kimmie
      Lady

This is hideous. I cannot believe an adult would do such things to a young boy. If it had been me, I would have never forgiven him.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?