Viewing 8 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Harriette
      Lady

When I started paying attention to my own en femme fashion, I got inspired by some of the classics that I saw in movies.

One movie is “North By Northwest”. Alfred Hitchcock took Eva Marie Saint to Bergdorf Goodman and helped pick all of her costumes (a very controlling man). I am working on finding the right white blouse, but a black pencil skirt feels lovely, snug. Finding a voluminous A-line dress will be another matter. The golden two-piece is a little dated, though.

What movie fashion has inspired or influenced your closet?

Not a movie but TV series.

House of Cards.

I would kill for Robin Wrights wardrobe. I would also kill for her hair.

Alanna

Also not a movie,but a TV series.I would love to have Mary Tyler Moore s wardrobe and I also would love to have Vanna s wardrobe.

Harriette
        Lady

HBO has a new Mary Tyler Moore documentary coming out tomorrow.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

“Gone with the Wind” and  Scarlett O Hara coming down those long stairs in that gorgeous gown. Plus anything with 17th century formal fashion eg Bridgerton.

Had to have replicas of these for myself.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/scarlett-ocaty/ “My stairs??” Carrington Hotel Katoomba  NSW Australia

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/photo/lady-catherine-of-alphington/

Makeover April 2013 Melbourne

Happy (movie” dressing

Caty.

Harriette
        Lady

That’s way cool, Caty!

As usual Caty and I on the same page.  I would add the 60s mini skirts with the thin sleeveless shells, that’s how the SO hooked me, loved the look.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

Can’t think of any movie ladies. Vanna White comes to mind though because I think she would be comfortable wearing many of my dresses on TV. So maybe I’ve been taking cues from what she wears.

Not a movie, but tv.

Three’s Company, character Janet.  In particular the later janet.   The early one she had curls and wore really frumpy clothing.  The later episodes she had short striaght black hair, and sometimes she would wear a tight pencil and a long sleeved blouse.

While the blouses I don’t copy as they were really frilly, it was seeing her wear such styles that has inspired me.

So my wardrobe consists mostly of pencil type skirts, and instead of long sleeved blouses I use no sleeve or cap sleeve tops.

Harriette
        Lady

Yeah, cap sleeves help to mask broad shoulders.

Sutekina
      Lady

I prefer heels but Margo in Despicable Me. White shirt, plaid skirt and sneakers. Feminine but practical.

Harriette
        Lady

I see what you mean (I didn’t know that character). A number of humans attempted to emulate her look, too, I see.

I just love the look of Sean Young in BLANDRUNNER. Such a classic look that’s hard to repeat.

Harriette
        Lady

Hmmm, I remember wide shoulder flares. We will have to watch Blade Runner again.

The original story was written by Phillip K. Dick and I am half way through reading his “The Man In The High Castle”.

Blade Runner Fashion

As a practical matter, my neighbor lady from when I was in high school. As an aspiration, Kim Novak in Vertigo.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?