Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Great free Youtube video from Dr Z on an important topic. Why do we (almost) all have internalized transphobia and what can we do about it?

– Robyn

Anonymous
      Lady

And is CrossDresserPhobia even harder to detox?

Anonymous
        Lady

At least a trans person has a further goal with a possible destination in mind. CrossDressers might just enjoy what they do.
        Is that more contemptible?

Thanks Robyn

A very thought provoking issue.

From the time I let my inner Bianca out  I am now certainly much more aware of my internalised ‘phobias’ and am striving to be a better person, trying to cleanse the negative preconceptions ingrained into my psyche from my earliest memories.
      Recognising the racism, sexism, transphobia, homophobia, religious intolerance, mistreatment of those with mental and physical disabilities etc etc that has, and still does permeate our society via the media, TV, film, and from our elders, many of whom still find this new enlightenment hard to stomach (I am not criticising them, merely pointing out many of them still hold on to the preconceptions which were ingrained in them from a young age and they cannot or do not want to question).

I believe the world is becoming a better place for us to be treated the same regardless of how we act or appear, as long as we are doing others no harm.

B x

Bianca:

One point that I think many don’t think about is that the construct of all of those -isms is the same. Only the target changes and they are also interwoven. For example, it would seem unlikely that someone who is racist isn’t also sexist…

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I believe that we humans all have some kind of phobia based on fear, preconceptions, social engineering, peer pressure, mis information, ignorance and fear. There are phobias such as fear of spiders or flying that are considered irrational but have an effect on the individual. The phobias we are well aware of are the likes of Transphobia, Homophobia and those things such as racism which are sometimes lumped into the phobias as could be based on fears.

With the ones that are in profile for us I would say that I have had some and maybe still do, I am not perfect. What I would opine is that it is how you manage those phobias and deal with them. Understanding them and educating is one way and how to deal if faced with that phobia. Once under control you can deal with it in everyday life without and adverse reaction. You may not be comfortable but reach a level of tolerance that is quite acceptable and a long term conclusion of total acceptance.

I base this on dealing with an individual who had multiple phobias, one of which could be considered racist and did involve the police being called as someone was offended. Once we had talked things through then rationalised we the went through the educating phase and then to confrontation of the fear. The end result was that the individual understood and the fear diminished. This had been something the individual had harboured for many years and never addressed. The process worked on other individuals.

Whether it is possible to detox completely I would say it is possible to manage it on a personal level.

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?