• This topic has 17 replies, 16 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 16 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

If you could change gender what would you miss from your original gender and what would you dislike about your adopted gender?

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

I suppose I would miss some of my tinkering on cars and tractors and while I know I could still do these things as a woman it might not be as easy. The thing that I would dislike about being a woman is that they don’t get the respect they deserve.

Hi girls,

Well, seeing as I have transitioned, legally a female, living as a woman 24/7, I have technically changed genders. So far, almost a year later, I’m not missing anything from my old gender. My greatest regret is that I didn’t do it sooner.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Trish White
      Baroness

High Darcy and thanks for the post. I think the thing I would miss most about being a guy is peeing standing up. Not being able to would be a real hassle sometimes. And if I became a genetic girl I think I would not like monthly periods or menopause. But if I was basically a Trans girl then I don’t think there’s a thing that I would dislike.

Trish 💖

Thank you Darcy for starting me thinking, an activity I actively encourage in my personal and professional life. There are no activities I do in my male persona that I couldn’t do as a female. But having observed how my daughters and wife get spoken to in certain situations i think I would miss being taken seriously by trades people, mechanics etc. BUT I would relish watching their reaction when I have none of it.

I don’t think I would miss much from drab life at all.  Unfortunately I am about to turn 70, so it’s a little late to get started on a serious transition.  I sure do admire the ladies I have met on this site who have pulled it off.  XO-Julia

The older I get, the more I realize I really don’t fit into traditional binary gender.  So really for me there’s two ways to read your question.

One is, if I could pick one gender or the other to get behind 100%: what I would miss is the boundless creative freedom to express oneself as one wishes, whether that’s a ballgown or jeans and a t-shirt.  What I would dislike about either binary gender is the artificial limitations placed on that gender by society.  Our cultural eyes are more open to the plight of women, who still even in the supposedly enlightened western world get the short straw in most arenas in life.  However, men in this same culture are limited too, expected to be in charge, to have a plan, not to express emotions, creativity, or any sign of weakness.  I’m of course speaking in broad generalizations here; please don’t be offended but this is how much of society (particularly in the older generations) views gender roles.

To answer your question the way I believe it was intended: if I could change biological sexes, the thing I would miss most would likely be my upper-body strength.  As a large person myself and others have come to rely on it.  And though it comes with undesirables like the thicket of body hair, it’s peace of mind particularly in the sort of dangerous situations I could potentially find myself in as a female.  As for what I’d dislike the most (there’s a very short list) I think I’ll take the easy way out and say menstruation.  Who wants that? 😉

Interesting question! I think I would probably miss being an advocate for women and showing misogynistic males the error of their ways. What I wouldn’t love about being female, aside from the monthly difficulties, would most likely be having to deal with the same  misogynistic males on a whole new level.

Hi Darcy
      I wouldn’t miss anything from my male gender, I wouldn’t like the male chauvinists I would tell them what I think of them.
      Sarah xx

I would miss short or non-existent bathroom lines.

I wouldn’t like the attention of men.

Especially not the attention of stalky, creepy men

ChloeC
      Duchess

Hi Darcy, well, I thought about this for a while, and realized one of the things I’d probably miss is that I love to alpine ski and will just take off on my own on spur of the moment to various hills/resorts around to just enjoy the day.  And in all the lifts I’ve taken up the hills, I’ve hardly ever seen a lone female skier. I like being adventurous on my own, going where I want, choosing whatever run I feel like, doing what I want, whenever, and I suspect that’s something not often seen in women.  Would I then have to cut back on my skiing? or commit to giving up that freedom to be with a friend?

And as has been mentioned, I wouldn’t like the disrespect that women get.  I’ve seen it up close several times and I know it was wrong and I resented the males doing it, but hardly ever being a position of responsibility ie management, there wasn’t much I could do except offer support when appropriate.

Hugs, ChloëC

Well, this topic poses a very difficult question for me to answer.  All here have lived two lives as different genders, and some of us are very happy with the opposite gender that we have chosen.  I have contemplated over the years where I fit in, and decided that I don’t want to be a woman, I just want to feel like one at times, and be appreciated for my ability to transform into a female.  I am totally happy as a male too.  So, my comments are just that I couldn’t change genders and miss what one has to offer as opposed to the other.  If I were male all the time, I would miss my female self, and if I was female I would miss my male self.  So, I hate to be not able to describe what I would miss if I had to choose, but I couldn’t go without both male and female sides of me ever.   I would miss both completely.

Thank you to all that responded. This question was one I posed to my GG friend as a way to shed light on my experience and mindset of being a gender fluid person. There was also a follow up question that I provided her as well and I will post it up in a separate thread. Here was my answer to this question:

Darrcy – this will sound funny but I think what I would miss most would be the relative ease it is for males to pee. Males can pee just about anywhere due to the speed and convenience provided by our equipment. Females are often encumbered by clothing and the need to squat. For males, this is a huge convenience. For my dislike of adopting the female gender I think it would be given that menstruation would be top of the list (but I don’t believe either gender likes that element). But overlooking that I think I would dislike the expectations of appearance the most. Now I enjoy, the process and results of makeup, hair, and clothing but it would be societies expectation that it be performed to some arbitrary standard each and every day that I would dislike.

I’ve worked with many females in my career, and one thing that I have noticed about women is their emotional level and their inability to separate work from their personal lives.

This is not a blanket statement and doesn’t mean all women are like this, but the ones I’ve worked with seem to fit this category.

What I mean is they take their job too seriously.  I’m able to separate out work stress from home life, but women seem to blur the lines and carry work into their personal lives.  I find this emotional side challenging to deal with as small stuff at work that I just brush off easily agitate women to no end.

For me, that is one thing I would miss being male vs. female is the ability to separate out work from personal life.

Again, this is not meant to say all women are like this.  I am sure there are some guys out there that blur the lines between work and personal life too.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Well I’m trans and it’s abundantly clear what the trade-offs are.  Most of what I’m giving up is no loss whatsoever.  Invisibility is the one thing I miss.  As a guy, nobody noticed me.  Now, I feel like I have a spotlight on me wherever I go.  There is such a thing as too much attention.

Not much because I feel I could do most anything as a man or a woman. Love to yu all.

Anonymous
      Lady

I would miss the physical strength of my male self and not being afraid in certain situations.

As a female I would dislike monthly periods, less respect in general, less pay, less strength, and always having to sit to pee although I sit to pee 90% of the time now.

Viewing 16 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?