Viewing 17 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello, I am looking to find other gals like my self. Would love to find others that are not to far away. I live in NE Iowa.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi Toni, Hope you can find someone in NE Ia. Iv’e been looking for someone in central Ia to spend a day shopping or getting nails done together for a few months.
      Sandy

Nancy
      Lady

Hello, central Iowa here. I’m still trying to build up the confidence to go out fully en femme, but it’s good to see other Iowans here!

Birel

I have never been out fully dressed either.  Im not very good at makeup but I’m working on it. I do however underdress with forms when out and about.

Nancy
          Lady

Other than mascara and lipstick, I’m pretty clueless when it comes to makeup. I’ve tried putting on foundation and some color, but I thought I looked pale and fake.

Nancy
      Lady

[postquote quote=474977]
      Shopping or getting nails done while dressed are things I can only dream of at this point in my development. I do shop for girl things in person, but only in drab so far.

I live in Iowa all

How about a nice day in Des Moines – some great breweries & tap houses there.  We could do some early mall shopping, grab some lunch & craft beer, & go do more shopping!!

Hello, that sounds like it might be fun.

thanks Toni!

I have no idea about the schedule, so somebody closer would need to figure it out.

I’m in SE Minnesota. I’m still a newbie at dressing up and don’t feel comfortable going out in public yet. Maybe one day, but still too soon. Hope you find some like minded girls!

Hello, I haven’t worked up the courage to venture out in public yet but I’m working on it.

Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

Hi again Tony. I grew up in Grundy Center and now live only one hour from there. I am still looking for someone to meet up with in person to chat and compare notes with in person. I have a niece who lives in Cedar Falls and a cousin who lives in Waterloo. Have not been to cedar Falls much in the last 30 years though. Would you be interested in meeting at a coffee shop or a park during the day?
      . As far as makeup tips go you tube has lots of videos on the subject. For myself I’ve been trying out a little foundation over the beard area then lipstick. For me since my beard is not that heavy seems to look pretty good for a daytime look.
      . . Sandy

Hey Toni, is the Cedar Rapids area close to you, i would love the chance to meet and shop, do lunch, or walk in a park.
      Michelle

Yes, I live in Cedar falls. So about an hour away.

I actually live half way between so 25 minutes to both towns

I don’t think I would feel comfortable. In the home town.

Ok ladies, now that i have read all the posts, i have a wonderful solution to your make-up problems. How about we set up a time to meet in Cedar Rapids and visit my favorite salon and do a make-up class. I did it and though i have a lot to learn yet, it really helps, and the girls there are the best.
      No pressure,
      Hugs
      Michelle

hello, I would be willing to give it a go. Depends on when.

It would work best for me on a Saturday, but it may be a week or two to get appointment cause they are busy. They are very happy to help us girls.

Yes Saturday would probably be the only day that would work. I work 2nd shift

Just so we all are on the same page, anyone on this forum thread is welcome, i just need to know ahead of time

Nancy
        Lady

Michelle, I am intrigued by this and would be interested if it worked out for me as far as schedule and cost.

Birel

Well so far we are thinking a Saturday would be best and don’t quote me on this, but i believe it’s $40 or $50. I can call and get an exact price and date when i find out who all wants to go.

Nancy
            Lady

Thanks, I think I can swing that. I occasionally have other obligations on Saturdays, but most of the time, weekends are best for me anyway. Makeup is probably definitely my weakest area when it comes to dressing, so this would be good for me.

Birel

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

A makeup class would be great for me, I would love to be involved in it. If you get another day for every one else, go for it!! The first Sat I have open is Aug 21. Cedar Rapids and Cedar Falls are both about an hour and a half away for me. If you girls get a time together when I can’t go I hope you keep me posted on how your day goes.
        . . Sandy

Ok ladies, i have spoken with the salon, they are very willing to give us a make-up class on Friday August 6th at about 630PM. I do not have pricing yet but they wanted to check and see if the date would work for us. If this works, please let me know and we will pursue this further. And remember all are welcome, just need to know so we can have enough stylist there to assist us.
      Looking forward to hearing from you
      Michelle

I could swing that. Just let me know for sure so I can put in for a vacation day.

Ok, Toni, I will see who else wants to join us but plan on the 6th, if anything, we will have a great time

Just curious do we need to bring anything.

Nope, not at all, when I went for mine I just washed and moisturized my face and the ladies did the rest, and i left feeling like a million bucks

Ok everything is finalized now for the make-up class in Cedar Rapids, Iowa on August 6th at approximately 630pm. The location will be at Artistic Strands Salon & Spa. The cost is a package deal per person of $115.00. For that cost you get, a 4 piece make-up brush set, one of their foundations (a $50 value), and instruction on applying make-up. The ladies will do mine as you watch, then they will assist you in applying yours so you get to use the knowledge right away.

We will have the salon to ourselves for this instruction.

Denise, the owner/manager, told me if we want a bottle of wine while we are learning, she is ok with that. And as long as someone tells me what kind of wine to get, I will provide it.

I believe this will be a great time to interact with everyone and if we all feel beautiful and empowered when we are done, there is a bar/club that we could visit afterwards. It is called Belle’s Basix, they have a web site and are on Facebook if anyone would like to check them out. The salon also has a great web site.

Please let me know if you are coming by July 30th so that i can pass that on to Denise.

Thanks ladies
      Michelle

Bobbie W
      Lady

[postquote quote=474887]
      Southern Mn right on 35 here

Ok ladies, just putting it back out there, everyone is welcome to our make-up class, just hoping for some more of you to join us.

Thanks for at least considering this.

I live in sw Iowa and sould love to meet and go out for drinks and chat. Omaha, Ne or maybe Des Moines.

I get up there every now and then.  Would live to yo hang out in Omaha.  I’ll msg you next time I’m around!!

hugs!

~Philma

Sounds great but SO is not accepting so I hope I can get free. Hope to see you.

Sounds like you’ll need to get permission to bring a bag of your lady stuff to change & get ready in the city.

I could do that but need a good story to br out that day or evening.

Cassie Jayson
        Duchess

Hi, Karynn. Cassie here from central Iowa. I am about an hour north of Des Moines. I am often out in fem in Ames and sometimes in Ankeny. Would love to meet others.

. Cassie

Hi doll I live in Iowa to

Toni:

You can search for other members by clicking on Social in the menu and then Member Directory.

That figures. I am in Swest Iowa by Omaha. There was a group that was from Omaha and Des Mlines, but I lost contact with them.

Viewing 17 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transgender Friendly Places and Support Groups Around the World’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?