Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Mona
      Duchess

I’m sure this one is likely to be controversial.  Let me start by saying that there’s nothing wrong with Face App per se.  I enjoy playing around with it myself, because it provides the instant gratification that might otherwise require years of perfecting makeup skills.  But images of model-perfect women can be found anywhere.  I believe that posting photos of our true selves is more aligned with the spirit of CDH.  Maybe I’m just being a wet-blanket-throwing cranky old curmudgeon…kids today blah blah.  Hoping not to offend or complete dissuade the use of Face App herein, but maybe consider using it more sparingly?

I use faceapp but not to the extent that you may think. My public photos (5) only have one which was faceapp’d and that was one that I had taken without my wig on. It also had no makeup added. It’s a bit of fun that I will continue to use occasionally as a reminder of how things might have been had I been born a GG.

I used face app on my photos to give me some hair,as my hair is cropped to a No1. I suppose it gives me an idea what I’d have looked like or could look like as a girl. 1 day I may be able to buy a wig rather than wear a hat

Kassie
      Lady

Face-app is fun to use, and my wife and I have fun using it on occasion, but I’d never use it past personal use, ie, sharing online.

I don’t view it as anything wrong for those who do, but one of my own personal goals is to get really comfortable with my makeup and my feminine presentation, and for that to happen, I need to keep practicing. I’m still pretty amateur with both, but I’ve been able to see slight improvements over the months since I started taking photos of myself enfemme.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I understand what you are saying Mona.

It is a bit of fun. There are some of the girls here that some would think have used Face app and are accused of such, but that is how they look.

I suppose that some want to portray the way they want to be seen. and will use the face App.

There are those that are closeted and wish to remain anonymous so would never want to post a real image so Face App is the next best thing as is a cartoon image or an image of a CIS woman.

It’s a choice so let’s leave it there.

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Wouldn’t be wonderful if face apps would fix all our imperfections but unfortunately  it doesn’t. Using them in posting our photos is something that inspires us to look our best but we should be awared when displaying them.  I believe posting our true self  should be shown but if someone should want to and try face apps I don’t think of it as cheating but we all should be warn if it’s used by revealing it  in the comments or shadowed in the pictures itself. Truthfulness is what Cdh is all about with no misconceptions.  🌷

Anonymous

Hi Mona I had never heard of Face app until you mentioned it, I think we should all show are real fem face. Mine is my true fem face.

Best Wishes

Sarah

Anonymous
      Lady

I have never used Faceapp. To me, it’s quite simple, if a lady uses it on CDH, that’s ok but please disclose that your photo is not the true you. In other words, please do not misrepresent yourself to us because it can only lead to misunderstandings. In saying this I am not being judgmental and apologise if anyone is offended, which is not my intention.

I’ll keep this as short as possible because I’m so utterly sick of this debate, why can’t we just live and let live? As long as we are honest about it nobody should have a problem with other people using it, more importantly though is that when a disgruntled few start putting it down other people like me that use it start feeling like we’re in the wrong somehow. Lack of makeup technique and anonymity are the reasons all my photos are faceapped, and as a side benefit its a fun little fantasy. I very much enjoy seeing faceapped pics and conversely am full of admiration for those that don’t use it, I do aspire to join that latter group one day, in the meantime I will never judge someone for using it in an upfront manner.

Mona
        Duchess

Cindy Lou,

All your points are well taken.  I was merely expressing some thoughts in the hopes of sparking discussion.

I was not aware that this debate has been going on for some time.  It’s never good to beat a dead horse.

As I said, my intent was certainly not to offend or be judgemental.  You’re response has helped me better understand the appeal of Face App for some members of our community.

I agree we should live and let live.  See that, even us cranky old curmudgeons can see the light sometimes.

Hugs,

Mona

I’m sorry if it seemed like I was directing my remarks solely to you, I was not. I’ve seen this subject mentioned once here before, but more to the point I’ve seen it brought up numerous times at another forum in the past, to the point of being a divisive issue there and almost seeming like a crusade of sorts by certain people. Seeing it brought up again brought out the curmudgeon in me I suppose, let me assure you that your point was well taken Mona.

I havent ever used face app and dont intend to, so my photo’s are me, but as I have stated before, Im masked to hide my beard.for now
      Regi.

2 out of my 3 photos are not FaceApped – I prefer to be genuine, but I also like the effect, so I have 1 clearly labelled Faceapp picture.

Plus my profile picture, which will always be a FaceApped representation, because it’s an avatar.

To be honest, my new image doesn’t look all that different to the original, it just lends it a little more glam!

Meet Ahmilla Abubu, formerly Ahmed, from our latest costume party!

Love Laura

Anonymous

Hi Mona,
      I always troll the photos for ideas. I love all your recent pics by the way. You look fab. My only issue with Faceapp photos is that when I come upon one, my stomach drops because even if I spent a fortune I’d never look like that. Then I realise its not real.
      I haven’t used it but I could definitely see it as being useful to create a look to shoot for. To check things like long hair, short hair, etc. I don’t think I’ve seen any Faceapp photos here though that weren’t labeled as such. I do prefer seeing the real thing. I love the clothes, the smiles, the poses. I applaud anyone who posts though. It’s a courageous act.

XX
      Kim.

Ive not posted a picture from the face app for the simple reason, of when I do feel comfortable putting my face out there, I want it to be my face.

Anonymous

Hi,

seems like I’m always playing catch-up with computers. Just discovered face app today and by accident, someone mentioned it on here, I googled it and was amazed with it. Downloaded a free version with not too many options like hair color etc.. and here we are. I was amazed with it!

I tried it on myself and it came out pretty darn close to how I look. I look a lot like my sister in the picture. Made me look younger, even though a lot of people don’t believe my real age when I tell them I’m 65, when dressed as a male.
      Really made me feel good, knowing what I would have looked like if born a female.

Used it for my profile picture, instead of an avatar.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Hi Mona,

You must have read my mind.  Thank you for bringing up this issue.  It would seem there is an increasing number of Face App photos appearing on CDH, thus, IMHO, this is a timely issue for discussion.

In a perfect world, it would be nice to have all posted photos real, no photo shop, no Face App, no touch up, etc.  We don’t live in a perfect world, so I guess I will have to live with whatever appears in the photo section.  My opinion, FWIW.

Live & Let Live, Enjoy being a girl!

Anonymous
      Lady

I’m always honest that my avatar image is FaceApp. Being closeted, I’m just not comfortable with me real face being ‘out there’…even in as safe of a haven as this is.  Some of us just are not comfortable enough to show our ‘real’ selves and FaceApp gives us the ability to post photos of MOST of our feminine selves. I have yet to do that, because I’m still uh-sceeered.

A FaceApp image is no different than a cute cartoon image for an avatar, so I don’t see any distinction between doing your avatar any way you like.

For those girls that are comfortable posting their ‘real’ selves, I say, BRAVO and KUDOS to you! We are all on the same journey, but some of us are 3 weeks in and some of us are 50+ years in. Someone 3 weeks in might be comfortable posting their ‘real’ self. Someone 50 years in, may not be, but FaceApp allows them to be more comfortable with themselves and for that, I say it is a GREAT thing.

You can’t expect everyone to be able to join the site, jump in and just say, here I am! Personally, I see it as more of a help (mentally) than a hinderance. Once we get beyond Covid and can start meeting one another in person, you won’t be able to FaceApp yourself in that environment, so it will be a moot point in the real world. I say go for it in the digital realm, if that’s what makes you happy….and isn’t THAT really what CDH is about?

tara

I’ve never used Faceapp, but have no issues with anyone who chooses to use their Faceapp picture as their avatar. It would be a nice gesture to label those pics as such, but as I said, no issues here. My current pics are from several weeks ago, after my wife graciously did my makeup. I am receiving a lighted mirror tomorrow, and with all of the cosmetics that my wife gifted me for Xmas, I shall attempt to recreate a look from one of the many YouTube tutorials. I’ll post one or two of them if it turns out halfway decently.

Because Faceapp puts the logo in the bottom right corner, it gets cut out when you crop your image to create the avatars on this site, no matter how you try (I did try!).

Maybe I’ll just work harder on the makeup and do without next time I update my profile picture.

Contouring gets more fun the more you do it!

Love Laura

I’ve played around with face-app before and while I do think it holds a niche as something cute you can try out and have fun with as well as kind of have a makeover to see how good you can possibly look with the right, hair, makeup and such, I do think too many people post disingenuous pictures where they try and push their edited faces as their real photos. Or try and use it as an excuse to not learn make-up. Why learn how to look good when you can have an app do all the work for you?

I genuinely suggest it to try out, but I also genuinely think too many people lean on it as a way out of actually learning the work or trying to ‘catfish’ (if the term is applicable here).

I’ve had a couple of makeovers, and can honestly say that it’s worth every penny, especially if you get an artist who loves talking about her work and techniques.

The feeling you get when you see the finished work is worth the price tag alone – both times I was in tears of joy at the transformation.

And then I got to look like that for the rest of the day – it felt so wonderful going out and being complimented on my eyes especially.

Love Laura

Anonymous

I don’t care if you want to use it go ahead but just me, it strikes me as false advertising, so it’s not for me. I’ve never tried it and to be quite honest I wouldn’t know how. I have a little suggestion if anyone is interested, try doing a before and after shot to show the difference, that would be interesting. Maybe I’ll put my money where my mouth is and give it a shot.

Great topic Mona and you don’t need a face app, your beautiful without it. It must be the dresses. lol By the way, you had some pics up with longer hair and it blew me away, it really suits you.

Take care, Heather.

I used Faceapp for only a few days during a free trial period a short time ago. I even tried the Snapchat gender swap app but didn’t like it too much (I always looked like I had a shrunken head. Ewww!) I tried most if not all of the modifications on Face App; applying everything down to applying a much more modest and very minimal look. It was fun and gave me something to aspire to and even looks to stay clear of. I mostly used it see what very slight variations in myself would give me the most realistic presentation without looking like I had plastic surgery or a full makeover. If you place one of my Face App pictures next to a drab picture of me you would be able to assess that they are the same person.

With that said, aren’t most of us on CDH presenting an image different than how we look in our own physical realities regardless if we use FaceApp? How many of us have purchased and used accessories like wigs, hip pads, breast plates, bottom enhancers, breast forms, pushup bras, waist clinchers, gaffs etc for the sole purpose of presenting how we want to look or more like how we feel? I do. When we post pictures using these accessories do we include a disclaimer? If so, do we list what accessories are used? Probably not. I place Face app in a similar category, albeit technology based, as an enhancement tool/lens in our individual kits.

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Jamie Taal.
Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?