Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I know when I was younger I took a lot of time on make up and body shaping. Over the years it seems that my make up isn’t as intense, some foundation, a bit on the eyes and lipstick! Not much as I needed as before. I’m not taking about a night on the town, just for a walk in the park. I don’t seem to worry about shaping as much as long as I keep the dad body to a minimum. But I do still need help around the mid section (hate to admit it). Is it easier to look passable or more challenging? Is time helping you look closer to or less closer to being passable? What do you think?

Anonymous
      Lady

If I keep having more age issues I’m going to have to wear a full body suit… lol

Lisa, I do think it is easier to “pass” as an older woman…a lot less stuff is needed…our younger sisters have to really work at it, but us older gals can usually get by like you said with a bit of makeup and some good-looking lipstick.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I chose who cares.  I know I can look good with some effort.  Whether I pass or not is subjective….and it’s irrelevant to who I am.  I’m not trying to fool anyone.  I can’t erase what decades of testosterone did to my appearance.  However, there are many things I can do to more closely align my appearance with how I feel.  I do that for myself.  Not to conform to some standard.  That said, I don’t want to be seen as male.  Blending in as female, or being seen as trans, is what works for me.

And regarding being trans, I would offer that as a third gender.  Why do I have to be male or female?  Well, I don’t.  I have no problem wearing that badge.  It’s valid for all of us.  Instead of worrying about how others see us, why not just be your authentic self?  Do the best you can.  Don’t let perfection be the enemy of good.  Get out there if that’s what you want to do.  There’s nothing wrong with a CD saying they’re trans….even if they don’t identify as such.  It’s a label most cis people understand and will tolerate.  You’re a part of the community regardless of how you identify.  That can open some doors if you let it.

Rainbow trails…..

Anonymous

Since I stopped lifting weights I’ve lost muscle mass and don’t look as masculine as when I was young.  This helps a little when trying to portray femininity.

Kerri

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I’m one of the more “senior” ones on this site and the reason I think it’s easier for me to pass these days is purely confidence” within and without”.

WITHIN: Became very accustomed to going public, (on the few times each year I can do so). Head up boobs out, little or no eye contact with others whereever I am, shopping, eating our etc..

WITHOUT” Dress and act like the “mature, elegant lady I strive to be. Spoiler.. Only talk to as minimum numbers of people as possible. I cant ditch the booming male me voice. Same goes for “visits to the ladies”, same reason… the voice….

Caty.

Hi girls,

I answered the other poll and will repeat my reply on this one.

I’m an older gal, now officially and legally considered a female, it would appear that I pass most of the time, and everybody thinks I’m in my late 50’s or in my 60’s, so we’ll leave it at that  🙂

Hugs girls, lots of hugs, and some kisses too,

Ms. Lauren M

Because of confidence and experience, it gets easier.  Less worrying about getting caught also makes it easier.

But my hair is longer than most women my age, and that’s before I put on a wig.  I like my wig to be at least as long as my hair (partially so I don’t need a wig cap), so it becomes more out of place the oler I get.  Also, at some point dark hair (as opposed to grey) will also start to look out of place.

I going to go with “other” as my choice.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

I am at the stage where I do not care as going out is with confidence and a look that has been honed over many years. I am like a limousine, good looking and graceful but with daily maintenance required beneath.

Anonymous

Hi ladies!

I chose the “who cares” option even though I too am a bit older. But I chose that option because once I realized that really, I’m not a fashion model (Gasp!! I know, hard to believe 😉 ) so most people really aren’t looking at me, then I didn’t worry so much about passing. When I was younger, I was always concerned about being read, and I think that translated into my actions, so I didn’t come across as a natural woman. Now, I know who I am and that’s all that really counts. And besides, have you ever really sat down and looked at all the different varieties of women that are out there? Just like men, women come in all shapes, sizes, colors, builds, and everything else, and most of them just go on about their daily business. So that’s why I don’t worry about it anymore, I’m just another woman out in the world.

Hugs,

Holly

The older I got the more time I had to practice. My clothing, makeup, hair, mannerisms all got more feminine over time. Did I pass better? Did I ever pass? Only others would know the answer to that question. That said over quite a few years time, I never had a bad experience when out, “ Getting my girl on”
      That is why I voted, other. 😊💋
      Genivieve

I’m 65 now. It is easier to accept mentally. I don’t care as much what others think of me. I am concerned about my safety though. Physically, I have lost 25 pounds and counting. I’ve also shrunk at least a couple inches – in height – since my 20’s. I’ve lost muscle mass, so I’m not so well defined. I guess I don’t feel like the man I was, which makes it easier to adapt to a more feminine look and feel. I actually welcome the change.

“Older” might need to be defined.  I probably would have looked really good in my teens and early 20s if i knew what i was doing.  Now that I’m in my 50s I think it is easier to blend in just based on how some older women look as they age.

Sorry, but 37 is not old! Try 84. Hugs, Marlene,

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?