Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I have had the (God sent?) opportunity to dress freely recently. It had changed me internally in some profound ways.

My bio states that the most important thing to know about me is that I have a very deep abiding Christian faith. Much of my struggle with my femme identity is in light of my faith.

After my recent extended time of feminine self expression I have grown to truly love my female self. So in prayer this morning I asked the question, “Lord is it really crossdressing or is it simply me dressing in what is my style as a woman?” It seems I have broken through some barrier where I am not a man putting on woman’s clothes, but rather I am simply a woman expressing my self.

In society’s  eyes because we are biological males if we dress in women’s clothes we are crossdresser. But are we really, especially if we strongly identify as female?

When you dress what is your sense of self? Male crossdressing or female dressing?

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been wearing pantyhose and heels with a long shirt that looked like a short dress since I was 4. When I was 13, I began buying my own pantyhose. At 17 I wore pantyhose out with guy shorts and clothes for the first time. I soon after bought short girl’s shorts and platform wedges to wear with my pantyhose to show off my legs better.

At 18 I got my own place and began buying and wearing an all fem wardrobe. That was a huge change. I love wearing pantyhose, heels and a dress, always have. But all I am is a guy in pantyhose, heels and a dress. It’s nice and I like it a lot, but when I put on a bra, breast forms and a wig I become Patty. That is a total emotional and mental changeover. I look like a girl, I feel like a girl and even much to my surprise acted like a girl when I was being eyed over by guys. I let them compliment and flatter me, do things for me, and even let them stroke and caress my legs. I loved it and wanted more. That would never happen in guy mode or even guy in pantyhose, heels and dress.

I think we all have a guy side and a girly side. The girly side desires getting all pretty girly and sexy. That brings out the girly, feelings, desires and emotions.

Anonymous

I really can’t select one of the options. For quite a while now, and we are talking years, thankfully, I have simply been a person dressing. I only have one wardrobe and everything in it belongs to the physical, mental and emotional entity that I call Sian.

When I got my head around that, that all the feelings belong to me and in one persona, it was so liberating that I stood and cried. And when I think of that time, I still cry. It’s a good job I don’t mind a wee cry 😀.

Sian xxx

Anonymous
      Lady

Charlene,

I had to read your post twice, not because I didn’t understand but because it made me think about my answer more than usual. I very much identify as tg and know I am a female soul. I also believe in Biblical values and have traversed that slope as well. As I believe God makes no mistakes and I know who I am inside it has given me comfort in self acceptance. I do not feel I am a deviant or have a problem and it has taken over half a century to be comfortable with that acceptance of myself. If a man or woman acts inappropriately and has a poor moral value the general thought is not that they are the issue because of sexual identity or sex, but because of who they are as a person. My wife once told me it was imperative that if this is who I am I should act like a proper, married, middle age woman and not some single, teenage tramp out on a drunken prowl. I believe that was the best advice and input on so many levels I have ever received. Yes I am a woman inside, and as with most ladies of a certain age there are expected standards of conduct. So in answer, no I am not “just a male cd” but truly a woman, who tries to act appropriately and with feminine class and character (which is different than a man) when I am dressed. I also try to carry that person into my everyday actions and character when I am in man drag as well. Yes the clothes help emphasize and encourage the behavior and persona but it is truly who I am inside that I cultivate and nurture more than just the clothes and appearance.

🍷C

Carolynne, as I am sure you know and appreciate, you have a wise and loving wife as reflected in her ststement, “My wife once told me it was imperative that if this is who I am I should act like a proper, married, middle age woman . . . ”

Thank you dear friend for taking time to share this. It was a very powerful thought to take in for me as well. Especially powerful was her words, “if this is who I am. . . “. Deeply thought provoking.

Hugs,

Charlene

Anonymous

It is if that is how you truly feel. I first dressed when I was 64, as best as I can remember. It came to as compulsion that I just need to try. That first time, I was  cross dressing. Then I had a makeover which was a transcendent moment for me when I experienced gender euphoria. When I saw myself and just loved what I saw, I knew who I was. I started to question whether I was a woman and the stages of doubt, denial, phobia and accepting.  I have come to accept myself as a trans woman.

For me it is no longer cross dressing, it is about being the woman I am!

What a wonderful topic.

Miranda

Rochelle Mills
      Baroness

Charlene, thanks so much for the topic and describing how the total you is integrated with your faith.  Hearing examples from you, Carolyn and others is so helpful!  For me, it is after putting on my wig, completing the finishing touches on my makeup (lipstick), then turning to look into the mirror…my inner woman is before me and is me…I try to keep that calm, loving feeling more now in guy mode.

Anonymous

Thank you Charlene, what an excellent topic. I am a woman but can not transition and can not present as a woman every day although I would love to. When I do get to dress which is usually 2 to 3 times a week it’s like letting the bird out of the cage. I am free and this is the real me. I’m not a religious person but I think who ever your god may be to encompass all religions, I think they would want you to be happy.

Thanks again, Heather.

DeLora
      Lady

I am technically a man putting on women’s clothing, but for me, the distinction of man vs woman is not that important. I don’t feel like a man in women’s clothing, I just feel like me in my clothes.

Anonymous

Well said, DeLora.

K Swim
      Lady

I would be just a guy who is wearing women’s swimwear. Though I use breast forms with one, I don’t even think about gender. I just enjoy the time while dressed.

Krista
      Duchess

Great topic Charlene. I have the great fortune of being retired. I change my outfits probably five or six times a day; depends on what I’m doing. Riding the exercise bike, a certain outfit. Walking the dog, a different outfit. Shoveling snow, something else. Going out to Starbucks, again a change in outfits. Dinner with my SO, another change of clothes. The only continuity is that I’m always wearing something en femme. It may be 100% femme or 50%. It isn’t so much about gender, it is about what I feel like wearing for the activity I’m doing. I can go out grocery shopping and be 50% femme, 50% androgynous and I always get called ma’am at the checkout. Or out to a restaurant with my SO dressed mostly androgynous and be called a lady by the waitress (drives my SO crazy). Probably has to do with my “baby face” and natural hair that hangs lower than my bra strap. For me, it isn’t crossdressing, it is just dressing. Life is Fun at 65. All the Best.
      Hugs, Krista.

Jaden Pinkett-Smith said it best:”They are not girl clothes or boy clothes, they are just clothes.”

Kimmie
      Lady

For me, it is a mental gateway to sexual submission to a cis woman dominant.

Anonymous

Charlene,

Last question first; I’m just dressing, or changing clothes to be comfortable.
      I know that I have several feminine attributes, and I do tend to think like a woman when so dressed, but I know it can be nothing more than me getting in touch with my feminine side.

I’ve also had the same religious struggle as you, but I know in my heart there is nothing deceitful or malicious to my dressing, and I am at peace with it. I’m also blessed with a supportive had understanding wife – which makes things a lot easier for me.
      Hugs,
      Bettylou

Hello ladies,

When I get home from work I’m all male. As soon as I get cleaned up and put my forms and bra on I am all woman I have a great SO that loves Sapphire so I’m her a lot. It’s just my situation but I’m a woman just as much as a male. Keep doing what makes you happy!

When I first started I was more a man wearing women’s clothes, but even in my early years I had moments when dressed when I felt I had become a woman.

Over the last few years as I’ve crossdressed more its become more – I’m me, expressing my feminine side .

In the last couple of years I’ve found dressing is helping me discover my self. My female aspects and qualities are expressed when dressed, and these persist even when I’m not dressed  – I feel a better more complete me. I feel like the two aspects of my self – male and female are integrating and I’m changing into a new person with a more positive and happy approach to life.

• This reply was modified 4 years ago by Alicen Thairms. Reason: amend formatting
Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?