Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

On my daily walk yesterday, I had a new thought about my attire. What I noticed was that my attitude and perspective on “underdressing” has seemed to evolve a bit. I’m wondering if you might relate.

Though I was dressed entirely in women’s clothes, except for my parka and shoes, it is not obvious to most observers that I am en femme. I was wearing panties, leg warmers, bra and cami underneath. The jeans were womens but not skinny jeans – they were elephant leg jeans – but not obviously feminine. Early in my dressing, I would call this underdressing. But a different word popped into my head.

Instead of thinking of it as underdressing femme, I thought of it as “overdressing” masculine.

In other words, the natural clothing was the womens underwear. That part was no longer an event or an aberration. It is normal. As I’ve evolved in my acceptance of my femme self, it is the male clothes that are the costume.

I can definitely relate to the idea of the masculine being the mask (or the persona) be it clothing or behaviour.

Typically underdressing refers to wearing feminine undergarments under male clothes…

Anonymous

I understand very well, Lorie. Panties and a bra are my “normal” undergarments, now. And tights, during the Winter months. All of my jeans are GV, all of my tees & tops are ladies’ wear, as are my sneakers. I refer to it as “stealth mode”, and the only thing separating it from full-femme is makeup and earring style (and sometimes heels). I do have to pay more attention to how my hair looks when out as Bettylou, and I may be in a skirt or dress, rather than jeans (not often, since the GGs aren’t wearing them).

Hugs,
      Bettylou

Yes, Bettylou, it seems that GGs don’t bother with skirts or dresses most of the time. But when they do, they are definitely putting a stamp of “Feminine” on their presentation. So I figure that I can do the same. It’s not that I’m trying to pass, but I’m making a statement that is clear and intentional. I believe sending the message of intention frees people up to honor it.

Anonymous

You make a good argument, Lorie. Some days, I feel like I just HAVE to be in a dress – like yesterday. Wore my nice sweater dress to the mall to pick up an order; I felt wonderful in that dress, but I saw only one other dress, and two skirts on other ladies. It was all jeans and leggings. My wife says I can pass, so I try to blend in and be accepted as just another woman out shopping.

Hugs,
          Bettylou

Understood, Betty Lou.  My preference is dresses and skirts, but on my last 2 outings, since I was out for groceries and Walmart stuff, I went with leggings to blend in more.  These chilly days, I find a nice pair of pantyhose under the leggings really make it comfy.  I reported on my last outing in my most recent Blog Post — https://juliemshaw.blogspot.com/2020/12/girls-just-wanna-go-shopping.html

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Julie Shaw.
            • This reply was modified 3 years ago by Julie Shaw.

“Overdressing” – – – I love it! I have never been a fan of “underdressing”, and your redefinition makes SO much sense! Thanks for sharing, Sweetie.

I think you are on to something Lorie. I can totally relate. The underthings have become very natural feeling. Wonderful post. Thanks.
      Clara

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?