• This topic has 13 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Online shopping site Shoeaholics has teamed up with Liquiproof at a cost £500,000 to put a free tin of protection spray in every box of shoes it sells. The non toxic liquid creates a barrier repelling dirt, water and other spill on fabrics.
      The object is encourage its customers to hold on their products by protecting them and making them last longer. Some 150 million pairs of shoes are thrown away in the UK alone. The idea is to help the planet. Now I don’t know about you girls but the name of the company Shoeaholics suggests this might be a flawed plan. Also the company has expanded and has seven stores to it portfolio.
      Yes its a gesture, but surely are shopaholics really going to care and wear last year’s fashions?. Somehow I think maybe both companies will make money and 160 million shoes dumped will soon be reached with a lot of extra empty tins as well.
      Well girls what are your opinions , are you ready to spray and save, or spray and still shop.
      Sadly I think I would still be shopping, lol Amanda xx

Anonymous
      Lady

This girl will still be shopping as usual. Read the following rant…

In the civilized world today its all about capitalist consumerism and this is just a bit of nonsense PR cashing in on the growing green craze to save the planet and to sell more shoes for more profit no matter what they claim. What a gimmick. Saving the planet my butt!

We all know profit is King in todays world society and that won’t change until the majority are all suffering and dying from pollution, mountains of plastic trash on land and in our oceans, and horrible destructive weather events. Overpopulation is real. The planet is rebelling.

Only consumers can make the choice to go green but IMO it is too little too late and we are all too spoiled. You can buy this brand of shoes and think you’re making a tiny, tiny, difference.. a feel good act like recycling plastic bags…. lol… but I believe we have already passed the tipping point of our planets decline. Steven Hawking said mankind will have to travel to another planet in order to survive and I agree. Maybe we can get there before it all implodes… idk. Sad outlook.

The powers that be are still pumping out more disposable stuff we don’t really need and more plastic than the planet can stand. Buying those heels won’t make a bit of difference in the scheme of things except give you something to crow about to your green friends. A sales gimmick. Just my two cents…. your mileage may vary…. have a nice day.

Anonymous

Hi Michelle, totally agree sells gimmick.
        Loving the rant sweetie xx

Anonymous

Amanda…

Sales gimmick alert….I think Michelle has it covered….

You said….

Some 150 million pairs of shoes are thrown away in the UK alone.”…

where!!!…..I SO need to be there….now!!!!!…I have empty bags….where???

Grace xx

Anonymous

Ah ha Grace, it’s no good playing the innocent with me sweetie.
        I know dam well that mole hill in your garden is where the shoes have been dumped. The games up sweetie Olivia and you have been busted.
        Detective Amanda xx

Anonymous

Ok you win…

If Europe can have wine lakes and butter mountains….grace can have a heels hill!!!

Anonymous

Just one question Grace, do have security lights?

Anonymous

Haha….if you thought it was hard to get hold of my kitkats…….

Anonymous

I’ll borrow the dumper, sounds like a big job.
            Amanda the cat xx

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Of course there is a flaw in the plan as some of you girls have eluded to – Big business and consumerism.

Being of the age when I recall we had glass that was recycled and as kids we’d collect up the empties and take them back for the deposit to make a bit of pocket money. The milk was delivered by an electric cart and the ice cream man rode around on a bicycle with a chilled cabinet up front.  Food was sold loose, bagged and wrapped in paper or greaseproof. You took your own bag to carry the goods.

Mum would make as many of the clothes as she could and they were made to last with enough excess material to let out or let down. Shoes were made to last and, as kids, the toes were cut off to allow a bit more growth, the heels and soles were replaced too. Mom and dad were from the war days of make do and mend. A lot of stuff was bought second hand and anything new was saved for, looked after and appreciated. We bought what we needed and paid up front.

Of course there wasn’t the money about in those days but we recycled and repurposed a lot before it became a ‘Thing’. 

Outside of that we had a lot of steam trains, coal and wood burning leading to the ‘Pea souper’ fogs in the sixties until we changed to the cleaner and more efficient gas and diesel! Even the mighty River Thames was dead but revitalised to be one of the cleanest in Europe.

Post war wealth and consumerism changed all that and we went with the flow. It seems galling that we, of certain years, are being blamed by a youth bought up in a throwaway world of consumerism driven by corporate business and the individuals themselves.

We, in the lucky parts of the world, have overall enjoyed a continued growth in wealth and cheaper and cheaper goods due to volume production to satiate the demands.

Are the younger generation really up for that as they tap away at social media championing this global change needed, all the time enjoying the benefits of this throw away consumerist ideal? This year was the first of the music festivals and the pictures of the discarded tents and camping paraphernalia gives us a clue to what the younger generation are thinking. We would never have dreamed of leaving our gear behind back in the day as they were treasured and we couldn’t afford to do that.

This global crisis isn’t new. I recall Prince Charles the great eco warrior being laughed at when, 50 years ago, he warned of plastic pollution and an eco crisis. Had anyone the gumption to consider it then would we be in this predicament now?

I stand guilty of joining in this consumerist fog. I still have some of my mothers traits in that I will only throw something away that has had its day. I still have dresses I wear that are over ten years old! I have furniture that has been upcycled and re imagined and will get the needle out if need be. 

In this rage to save the planet I wonder if any of the woke generation have actually looked at what has been done over the last forty years to increase tree planting, fuel efficiency, noise and emissions to reduce the CO2 and environmental impact, building with more efficient homes and business. It has all been happening at a pace that we can take and, almost unnoticed but has had effect.

If the woke society actually looked at what impact the demands of doing it now would have on them as individuals would they be up for it? You tell a child they can’t have something then it’s Armageddon!

And, finally, is this something that is a natural event as we have had mini heat waves and cooling in the time we have taken records. I do agree we have made a contribution and it is good to review what we do but the cost and impact would be hard hitting for the poorer in the world and, I would wager, make more of us poorer in the process.

It is said the bad will burn in hell. If the doom predicted happens then even the righteous will burn.

When the day comes I will be ready. I have enough cardies to keep the chill off in winter, sun dresses and hats for the heat and will make do and mend, retro will be the fashion. If my breast forms sag in the heat I can say saggy boobs are an age thing. Hopefully I can end my days being a glam gran. There’s always a positive, there’s always hope.

There endeth my sermon.

Anonymous

Hi Angela,
        Wow that was a brilliant post and a lovely read, thank you for the effort much appreciated.
        Absolutely hit the nail on the head consortium profits, at no regard to the environmental damage.
        Lol Amanda xx

I for one am happy so many shoes will be turning up on the secondhand market. Remember it’s only garbage if no one else wants it, and retro never goes out of style!

Anonymous

Hi Val’sheril,
        Now that’s a neat point of view xx

Anonymous

Totally agree, you still need to take care of your footwear, and your right fashion and taste will always drive up demand Lisa,
      Amanda xx

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?