Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Amy Lucer
      Lady

Hey, I’ve just signed up to this because I’ve been searching everywhere for help on how I feel. I feel so conflicted and alone, like I have nobody that I can talk to for help. If anyone can suggest some good groups on Facebook or here or anything to help, I’d really appreciate it.

• This topic was modified 11 months ago by Emily Alt. Reason: This topic is over 2 years old and has been closed

All I could tell you is that you are not alone. Reach out, there is someone here who’s gone through what you’re going through. This is a very loving, supportive, and non-judgemental community. Peace be with you.

Seren
      Baroness

Until I joined this wonderful place I was the same…. so sure I was alone, a freak, not knowing how to put my feelings into words. Reading so many similar experiences here, then talking to a therapist have really helped.

Dm me anytime if you want to chat.

Seren xx

Amy:

I think one important thing to do is to not edit yourself when you begin to talk about what you are thinking and/or feeling. Say what you need to say. No one will judge…

Siobhan
      Lady

Hi Amy,

This is a very friendly site, and a great place to chat, but if you want a face to face then

Outhouse East, is based in Colchester and offers counselling, which may be of help:

http://www.outhouseeast.org.uk/counselling.html

Hi Amy,

Believe me when I say you have found the right place! Everyone here is so supportive, and they really care.

I live in a very rural, conservative area with zero support for transgenders. I am fortunate to have a wife that supports me, and who I can tell anything to. That being said, it is so wonderful to have sisters here who understand this journey we are all on.

Welcome to the family.

Hugs,

Heather

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Hi Amy, from another Amy! I will add my voice to the chorus in that this is a great place to be, perhaps the very best you could find on the internet to discuss crossdressing with.

There is so much written here you can read through, and the girls here have been really amazing. The biggest thing is we are non judgmental and accepting wherever you are in this journey. So many of us go through a lot of conflict, both inside ourselves, and sometimes with others in our lives, but here you can be yourself.

Whichever version that might be!

Amy

First thing to remember Amy, is that you are not alone, there are many people on here that will offer support and many of us have been through similar phases in our lives. It takes a while to get your head around it, so firstly just relax, as I say you are not alone so take a step back and think through how you feel. Write it down, that will help concentrate your mind. Think back carefully to when you first had these thoughts, about your life so far. You need to get it in perspective and understand your real self. That is not easy, as you will have to come to terms with things in your life you probably never thought of. But by taking your time and considering it carefully you will eventually come to accept the real you, the whole you, male and female sides, only then can you really start thinking about what you want to do with your life. Sharon has suggested a support group another is Transliving who are in Chelmsford, I think and also offer a counselling service.  If you want to PM me and talk about how you feel, then please do, I am a good listener………….

Mary Priscilla
      Duchess - Annual

Amy:

I agree with what everyone else has said.  I joined about six months ago and have reached out to a number of ladies here and they have all been generous with their time, expertise and knowledge.  I wish you well in your journey as well as much happiness.

Mary Priscilla

Hi Amy and welcome to CDH!

This is a very supportive place with plenty of people to talk to.  i know it is so easy, especially now, to feel alone and isolated.  But know that you are not alone in your feelings – just read through the forums and i am sure you will see how many of the people here feel the same things that you do.  For myself i would stay away for Facebook or you may find more trolls than support.  Start here but i am sure that there are groups of supportive people all around you.  You will be amazed at how big the CD community really is when you start seeking them out.

hugs across the sea,

suzette

Hey Amy, I’ve recently been back to this site and more active. It has been a huge help and I encourage you to reach out anyone. I’ve been wondering the same thing. I’ve been looking to see if there is a way to have a zoom support group. I’m not great with technology but nowadays we just have to do the best with what we have. If you do hear about some sort of virtual support group, please let me know. Or if anyone else on here reads this, please reach out to me. It would be great to be able to have an exchange of ideas and support in a more direct way. Welcome to the site Amy!

Welcome and you’ve come to the right place. I too had poked around other websites for many years and quickly found that they were filled with a wide gamut of admirers, haters, voyeurs, supporters and trolls. I tried Facebook and Reddit groups to name a few and quickly found out they were worse than I had expected. Since joining CDH I quickly realized that this is a group of amazing people from very varied walks of life, countries, experiences, ages, confusion, confidence and identitites. They are great listeners and your best supporters. If not for anything else I was able to post thoughts and feelings that I had never expressed to anyone outside of my own head without judgement. As my father always said “you don’t know what you think until you read what you wrote”. (This is so true though i do not think THIS is what he had envisioned) I now feel like i am finally comfortable in my own skin and self acceptance. Give to and take from CDH whatever you want. It will be here during your highest highs and lowest lows but remember we are here for you. If you feel that your inner thoughts and confusion are more than cross dressing and possibly leading to transgender issues then i might suggest a sister website to CDH by the name of Transgender Heaven.com. Good luck and we can’t wait to hear from you again.

I joined here for the same reason. Its really hard to find groups that are actively doing anything. Or that have people willing to talk about anything to.

Hi Amy,

Welcome to CDH.  You’ve come to a terrific site.  The ladies here are absolutely wonderful.

Alice

I have been alone along time with my my desire to cross dress. When I was young I grew up in a strict, conversation religion that didn’t accept this as normal behavior, it was considered a sin. I would entertain the fantasy for a little while then accept my religious teachings that it was a sin to think about or do this. Later I joined the army were it wasn’t allowed to be expressed because it didn’t follow the thinking pattern of what a cis man was suppose to think. If you actually did it, cross dressing, you could be punished under military law. There was alot of repression and nobody to talk to because it wasn’t considered normal behavior and nobody talked about it unless In derogatory way.

I left the military were I was free from both my religious upbringing and the military’s hyper masculine thinking and I was free to explore my thoughts about cross dressing. Society was more open about it and the army received its views about cross dressing and other things of the LGBTQ community. The Veterans Affairs finally was open enough to admit according to statistics that veterans were five times more likely to be transgender or cross dresser then the non veterans counterparts.

But I was still alone with my feelings and thoughts. I didn’t know anyone personally who was CD and was totally alone to deal with my own thoughts. I crossed dress for years in private.

I joined CDH which is a legitimate support group where I can hear other about their unique journey along the cross dressing journey and realized alot of cross dressers were alone for years too. They also went though similar feeling by themselves to deal with the issue on their own. By talking with each other I realized I wasn’t alone or wrong. I found a supportive place to talk to people about this. It gave me the the courage to make that step from being in private to taking steps to be out in the open. I am not entirely open but I have made baby steps in going into the public such as long drives dressed enfemme nor short walks in isolated areas. I feel my courage and desire to accept this and move forward openly.

Hi Laura

I’ve only recently joined CDH and have just seen your post from 3 years ago! A lot of what you said chimes with my experiences.

I grew up in the 70s when – although glam rock and make up for boys were around – it was strictly forbidden for me. My parents wouldn’t even let me buy David Bowie’s Alladin Sane album as they thought he was “subversive”. So, of course, I did!

I didn’t serve in the military but lived in a flat with three other men where being “masculine” was the done thing. I really had to suppress my urges to dress, and managed to with a degree of success.

Its mainly your thoughts on being alone in this that struck a chord with me. Until I found CDH recently I have always been alone in my dressing. I am at least until now, 100% in the closet, no-one knows especially not my wife.

But I have summoned up the courage to go out in public next week, for a walk and lunch with a friend I have met on here.

I just wanted to thank you for your article, it really helped me with my thoughts and to realise we are definitely not alone in this.

Much love

Helen xx

Hi Amy.You came to the right place.Theres many wonderful ladies here that will talk to you.Feel free to pm me if you would like to talk.

Hi Amy,I think we are,all,or have been in the same place as you are. I am finding this a wonderful place to be,and an amazing bunch.
      Hugs,Regine

Abby M
      Lady

I feel like I am in the same boat as you. I have been struggling with my identity and I feel that I have received enormous help from this site. Everyone here has shown an outpouring of support and given me more confidence in accepting myself. They have also provided resources that I can examine about my identity and what i’m going through.

Hi Amy, welcome to the CDH community. You are far from alone honey. I have only recently admitted to myself that I’m an X dresser. It’s been on my back for 19 years. Every one here knows that feeling. Feel free to ask explanatory questions here, there are soo many wise woman here. Most of all try to accept yourself.

Love Trish

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Hi Amy, welcome. I have been on here for a few years now and I have tried other sites and this is by far the best and well run one as I have come across some that aren’t up to this standard.

There are so many girls here who have been in the place you are in and it has been a joy to see how they have blossomed so have a browse through the posts and get a feel for things. Such is the variety of topics I am sure you will find experiences that you could find helpful.

Don’t be afraid to express your feelings and there will be replies as we are one friendly community.

So ask away and enjoy your time here.

It would be helpful if people would check the date of the original post (October 2020) and when they were last logged in (2 years ago) before responding.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The topic ‘Is there anyone I can talk to or a group I can join for help?’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?