• This topic has 4 replies, 3 voices, and was last updated 6 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Evening gentle ghouls, today is the first edition of it came from netflix, this will be an ongoing series of reviews from the horror or b movies I love to watch on netflix. The debut movie is Darr @ The Mall, directed by Pawan Kripalani anhttps://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/forum/all-the-arts-music-movies-tv-and-more/d stars Jimmy Shergal, costars Nushrat Bharucha. Kripalani is known for the found footage movie Ragini MMS witch won a Stardust Award for best film in 2011, which is the equivalent of the Academy Awards, for Hindi films. Darr, is my first foray into Hindi horror films, after experiencing German horror and British horror, was interested in how this film holds up against them and it did not disappoint. The acting by lead actor Jimmy Shergill, who from doing some research is a rising star in the Punjabi film industry(and I can see why), who has a done a wide variety of films encompassing many film genres, was superb in the lead role as the lead security officer Vishnu Sharma, he did an excellent job playing a man with a mysterious past and you can see the dedication in his eyes to protect the people in the mall, Paul Blart would crap himself in fear if they had a crossover. Praise can also be given to the teenage characters as well, balancing between obnoxious teens and characters to care about and sympathize with. This one was a weird watch for me, but refreshing at the same time, it did have a couple of horror movie tropes that American films have, but not a whole lot which was quite refreshing, for example instead of splitting apart during the climax they all stuck together which is a nice change of pace compared to the opposite of what happens in American films. The special effects and makeup effects were good too, I just they showed more of it, cause the people behind it definently knew what they were doing. Although it was pretty cgi heavy, they actually did the cgi right and used it sparingly. The death scenes were creative and really effective. The score was really good as well, reminded me a lot of the old 80’s movie horror films, very nice touch and worked in the films favor and setup a very chilling atmosphere, same can be said about the cinematography. Now the bad, the film is a little slow to get started and a little longer than it has to be, from what I have heard about Hindi films, they kind of have to be three hours long, even this film barely breaks the two hour mark and the musical interlude that grinds the film to a screeching halt and the song is horrible. On a side note, Hindi films have to shove these in there for studio reasons and have to costar whatever pop star they want to promote. Another issue is, the lighting, it gets to dark at times which is becoming a real problem with horror movies these days, but as positive they get the obligatory jump scare out of the way really early. On the whole worth a look if you are curious, you definently have to have some patience with this one, if you do the experience will be worth it, but I do have to admit, probably won’t appeal to all tastes. I highly recommend this one for the curious and the fans of different. I give it a 7/10 the high rating is mainly for the acting and solid directing. Thanks for checking out my first review, more to come gals

As an after thought, something I forgot to mention in the review, I liked how they tried to westernize the film and it works in its favor also you can tell that there was production interference, it doesn’t hurt the movie terribly, but it would have been way better without it.  I know this review isn’t perfect and I will try to give more production notes on the future films that I review, thanks for reading and I hope you all have a great day! Stay tuned for a review of one of my favorite bad movies of 2015, Avalon, a movie that the very lovely Theresa recommended, a Deadpool review will hopefully happen on Sunday if I can find an early show of it and the very delightfully weird and wonderful Patch Town https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=09QkOg0w8wA review coming soon and once the danish girl comes to netflix some of the girls and I will be doing a screening of it and donating to our favorite lgbtq charities

Not bad aly cat you definitely have a nack for this look forward to another review

thanks lexx there are so many movies I wanna review now

Anonymous

2016_all the arts music movies tv and more: Alyce Victoria original post: 

Evening gentle ghouls, today is the first edition of it came from netflix, this will be an ongoing series of reviews from the horror or b movies I love to watch on netflix. The debut movie is Darr @ The Mall, directed by Pawan Kripalani anhttps://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/forum/all-the-arts-music-movies-tv-and-more/d stars Jimmy Shergal, costars Nushrat Bharucha. Kripalani is known for the found footage movie Ragini MMS witch won a Stardust Award for best film in 2011, which is the equivalent of the Academy Awards, for Hindi films. Darr, is my first foray into Hindi horror films, after experiencing German horror and British horror, was interested in how this film holds up against them and it did not disappoint. The acting by lead actor Jimmy Shergill, who from doing some research is a rising star in the Punjabi film industry(and I can see why), who has a done a wide variety of films encompassing many film genres, was superb in the lead role as the lead security officer Vishnu Sharma, he did an excellent job playing a man with a mysterious past and you can see the dedication in his eyes to protect the people in the mall, Paul Blart would crap himself in fear if they had a crossover. Praise can also be given to the teenage characters as well, balancing between obnoxious teens and characters to care about and sympathize with. This one was a weird watch for me, but refreshing at the same time, it did have a couple of horror movie tropes that American films have, but not a whole lot which was quite refreshing, for example instead of splitting apart during the climax they all stuck together which is a nice change of pace compared to the opposite of what happens in American films. The special effects and makeup effects were good too, I just they showed more of it, cause the people behind it definently knew what they were doing. Although it was pretty cgi heavy, they actually did the cgi right and used it sparingly. The death scenes were creative and really effective. The score was really good as well, reminded me a lot of the old 80’s movie horror films, very nice touch and worked in the films favor and setup a very chilling atmosphere, same can be said about the cinematography. Now the bad, the film is a little slow to get started and a little longer than it has to be, from what I have heard about Hindi films, they kind of have to be three hours long, even this film barely breaks the two hour mark and the musical interlude that grinds the film to a screeching halt and the song is horrible. On a side note, Hindi films have to shove these in there for studio reasons and have to costar whatever pop star they want to promote. Another issue is, the lighting, it gets to dark at times which is becoming a real problem with horror movies these days, but as positive they get the obligatory jump scare out of the way really early. On the whole worth a look if you are curious, you definently have to have some patience with this one, if you do the experience will be worth it, but I do have to admit, probably won’t appeal to all tastes. I highly recommend this one for the curious and the fans of different. I give it a 7/10 the high rating is mainly for the acting and solid directing. Thanks for checking out my first review, more to come gals

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?