Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

It was natural!

I had tried so many times, year after year, practicing, trying different ways, without really getting it.

For years I’ve worked on “the walk.” When I go for my daily walk, I practice the sway of the hips, the feet one in front of the other, the swing of the arms with a feminine twist.

I thought I had achieved a fair amount of success. I might not look like a perfect cis-woman’s walk, but I felt like I could display the obvious intention of being a woman.

Until today.

As I started walking down the road through my neighborhood in leggings, running shoes, and enough insulation to protect me from the winter cold, I found my body integrating the past 6 years of “walking” practice and practice and practice.

In the beginning, I would only practice when I was in sections of the road not visible to the houses. Eventually, over the years, I became less and less concerned with anyone seeing me as a sissy. When I came out over a year ago, my walk was practiced in any and every circumstance.

I knew the look I wanted to portray. A swing in the hips, a bit of sashay, without looking ridiculous. I watched women walking and realized there was a variety of styles, not just one. I played around with each, trying to get a look that was casual and consistent.

But it took effort. It wasn’t natural.

Until today.

As I started my walk, my body seemed to -finally – get the idea, shed it’s decades of testosterone training, and get it’s girl on in a smooth and natural swing. It was glorious! Gender euphoria.

To the outsider, it might have been almost indistinguishable, but I’ve learned from observation that this is the sign of the natural feminine walk.

And not only were my legs totally in the groove, my arms seemed to naturally begin a gently swing with the elbows in, and the hands out, wrists slightly bent.

I didn’t even have to try. It was all part of me, my true self, the expression of my feminine nature, and not mere affectations or adopted mannerisms.

As I kept going on my mile+ route, I wondered if the walk would disappear as quickly as it had showed up. Was it an aberration? Would I return to a world where it would take effort and concentration to hold a feminine gait?

It kept going. And going. And going.

This was my Victory March.

Anyone have a similar experience? If you haven’t yet, know that there is hope. If it can happen to me, it can happen to you. Keep practicing!

It is pretty special when we finally notice that our subconscious has taken over our mannerisms and made them feel and look more natural and not forced.

Own your stroll Lorie, and get comfortable with more good changes to come.

I was in my early teens when I noticed my bottom getting that ‘swish’ after almost 2 years of intentionally trying to do it with every step.  Your hands and arms will follow close behind now and give you your own ‘flow’.  Have fun with it all.

PaulaF

Yes Paula, it is a special feeling, a feeling of relief, in a way.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

It takes time to perfect and observing how women walk is key. You don’t want to overdo it by looking as if you are on a catwalk . One simple move is, don’t slouch, shoulders back, elbows to the hips,no clenching of fists and palms to the front.

Those are good points! And all coming into play. What’s intersting is that 4 years ago my neighbor, who knew nothing of my eventual transition, commented that I seemed to be walking more upright, less slouched. I had noticed, as well. I thing it was natural because I was living more as myself, and posture can follow.

Hi lorie Nice to meet you and congrats girl that wonderful .. Im getting better but not quite there yet as i walk not outside but on a tread mill for the excersise i wear my low heels and practice walking its getting better ..

Stephanie Bass

What a great idea Stephanie! Heels have their own challenge.

Congrats Lorie, all that work finally paid off and it must feel glorious! I’ve been doing my walk observing and practicing for a number of years and have had small spurts of success that never lasted. I’m sure it’s because I was only able to do sporadic closeted dressing in the past.  But now that I’m going out walking in fem exercise gear I’ll be able to get the practice in that I need.  Thanks for sharing, your success is my inspiration!

-Kayla

Yes, Michaela, practice makes progress. I hope this gives you incentive!

Lorie

I have been practicing the walk for some time I do it most days in heels I do it in the house and use stairs nice reading about you it gives me strength

Peace and love Jenny

Yay! Keep it up Jenny, it’s worth it and it actually works. If I can do it, so can you!

I thought it was impossible until a girl here at CDH posted a animated gif on a similar topic. The gif was a side by side comparison of a woman and man walking, sort of a diagram. The technical side of my brain just clicked and I got it. So much fun.

[postquote quote=604745]

Hi Lorie.

As someone who is only at the beginning of my journey, I found your story very inspirational. I honestly welled up whist reading it. You were so brave to persevere and you finally got the reward you deserved. To then share your story for others to take courage and persevete themselves, makes you a very special girl indeed.

I hope I am writing a similar story in the near future.

Love
      Michelle

Michelle, I have confidence that you, too, will feel the feeling and experience the euphoria of it being natural. Unfortunately, it may come to pass in it’s own time, not yours, lol. Practice makes progress!

Lorie

Hi Lorie

I am sure you right and we all have to start somewhere.

Any basic tips?

Love
          Michelle

HI Michelle,

I learned that it’s better not to go for the “hip dip” when walking. It looks fake and awkward, in my opinion. I go for the swivel, first. I try to think of my hips as swiveling forward and back on the axis of my tail bone/spine. Eventually, a slight “hip dip” develops over time.

I have to be cautious about leaning back to far, it affects my sense of balance. A slight tilt forward gives me greater stability and allows for more hip movement.

Imagining a line of tape to set my feet on is good, but I don’t feel like it’s necessary to put the center of my foot on the line, just the inside of the foot. “Walk the line” feels like an exaggeration that is only useful in heels.

My arms don’t swing as far, the elbows in a smidge, palms inside/forward (neanderthals walk with palms facing back). The palms don’t need to be actually facing forward; they can face the inside when swinging forward, opening slightly as they swing back.

Everything I do, it seems, is a bit on the subtle side; the walk, makeup, hair, hem line. I’m not trying to draw attention to myself. I’m just wanting to show clear intention. I’m a girl!

Hi Lorie

Thank you ao much for tips.

Regarding the arm swing, so I swing my arms with my palms facing my hips and when i get to near the top of the swing, i give my wrist a little subtle flick, with my palms facing outwards.

I feel the same. I used to dress only in sexy clothes, but now i want so much more than that, so much more

Love
            Michelle

Anonymous

I found information and encouragement from your post! Thank you so much!

Hi Lori, yes the feminine walk takes time, and is slways difgerent on a crowdef street, boardwalk, shopping mall.
      IhVe been practising from various deportment schools and observation. I now just follow as natural a walk S I can muster, but keep knees together shouldrsback, head up etc. It does give you a different outlook on your day.
      Enjoy your day
      Best Wishes
      Jane

Juan, I have to agree on all points. But, actually, I didn’t know about the structural differences! That’s so good to know. And it explains a lot!

Thanks!

Lorie

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Transitioning for Transsexual Women’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?