- January 16, 2022 at 10:41 pm #612663MartiParticipantRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 959Has thanked: 4909 timesBeen thanked: 4542 times
Ah, the pleasures of modern technology!
Living on my own, I’m quite blase about covering my tracks these days. Both my laptops, and my tablet are riddled with cross dressing give aways. An entire folder in favourites labelled “cd stuff”, search auto-fill ins that lead to interesting places …
But that’s alright, I have passwords to prevent access, and nowadays everyone has data on their smart phones, so visitors never need to borrow my devices to get on the internet. So, password apart I often just stay logged on these days
So a friend visited over the weekend. I’d tidied up, no obvious female apparel in view, my bathroom cleared of anything obvious. If not necessarily stored away in drawers and wardrobes, at least behind closed bedroom doors. I even remembered to check a cross dressing book wasn’t out in plain view, as happened a previous time, etc.
That night we settled down for a session of youtube music videos on my smart TY.
Whoops, on loading up, the first default suggestion on the home screen was a cross dressing video. My youtube activity on my computer devices had ‘bled’ across onto my Smart TV. It could have been an interesting conversation, But either he was too busy opening a bottle of whisky, or he noticed and didn’t have anything to say.
To paraphrase Robert Burns” – “The best laid plans of mice and (wo)men often go astray” 😉
Which made me wonder. Have you had any similar “D’oh!!!” moments to share ?
Total of 25 users thanked author for this post. Here are last 20 listed.
- January 19, 2022 at 4:49 pm #613554СамантаManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 458Replies: 1410Has thanked: 8663 timesBeen thanked: 4830 times
Back in my early 20’s, I was working 3rd shift at the newspaper. So, i came home from work one morning and put on a skirt, some glittery eyeshadow & some more or less ”nude” lipstick (why not right?)…and wound up falling asleep that way, with the house unlocked. I woke up a couple hours later to the sight of my friend pushing his way into my bedroom, haha. And he had this big cheesy smile on his face, why? dunno, but i’ll never forget that! Fortunately I had pulled the blankets up over myself in my sleep, and asked him to give me a moment while i attired myself… if he knew what was up, he never said a word 😂
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 19, 2022 at 3:25 am #613357
- January 18, 2022 at 6:11 pm #613294Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 30Replies: 588Has thanked: 7464 timesBeen thanked: 3214 times
I have not had any electronics snafus as my laptop is not on the internet and everything else is on the phone. Not that there is much danger anyway as I live alone and am totally out to friends and family.
There were two occasions before I came out. I was living with friends at the time and both events involved laundry. The first was when washing underwear and the male roomate got to the laundry room before me and started moving my clothes to the dryer. When I came in he said “Panties?” My response was that they fit better than mens underwear and were more comfortable, which is absolutely true. The second time was when his teenage daughter brought my dried laundry to my room. Her only comment was “Thongs? I can’t wear those.”
I think his opinion after that was a little off but she just accepted it as just another day.
- January 18, 2022 at 2:33 pm #613250Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 503Has thanked: 816 timesBeen thanked: 2566 times
- January 18, 2022 at 2:38 pm #613253MartiDuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 959Has thanked: 4909 timesBeen thanked: 4542 times
- January 18, 2022 at 3:35 pm #613264Mary JaneLadyRegistered On: September 30, 2020Topics: 25Replies: 503Has thanked: 816 timesBeen thanked: 2566 times
- January 18, 2022 at 4:24 pm #613272Kelly TerryDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 42Replies: 433Has thanked: 572 timesBeen thanked: 1927 times
caused minor scare for me
While dressed with lipstick I had coffee from a thermos mug that has a black top. I den changed to be ready for a videocall and did of course have some more coffe before the call started. That sip transferred back some of the lipstick to my lips…
- January 18, 2022 at 11:47 am #613191Duchess - AnnualRegistered On: February 26, 2018Topics: 42Replies: 433Has thanked: 572 timesBeen thanked: 1927 times
Bleeding like that is a problem I have also. While for most things I have a separate account and with that not much bleeding but one thing I have problem to keep my fingers off is heels and nice clothes in things like ads. This means that on my smartphone the ads that show up is many times a dress, high heel boots or so (and that despite I reject cookies and targeted ads wherever I can). Not much of a problem but for example when I lookup something to show a friend the ads shows could cause questions but so far none have come.
Now I’m out enough that I decided that if anyone hints or straight out asks I will tell the truth, I’m tired of hiding so they might as well find out. If any friend then cancel the friendship they are not worth keeping anyway.
- January 18, 2022 at 11:26 am #613186Lara TuckerLadyRegistered On: September 29, 2021Topics: 2Replies: 788Has thanked: 17408 timesBeen thanked: 2831 times
My wife and I were on a long drive to visit family over the holidays. We were using her smart phone to listen to an audio book. I was driving, and she wanted to check on a few up coming interchanges along our route with my phone. Well I almost always have CDH open with the browser just put aside, and not closed. Usually I switch back to a weather app before setting the phone aside, but don’t always remember.
well I did actually did have that cold sweat that everyone mentions so casually to describe stress. All was well that time, I had remembered to close the browser.
There are so many ways to inadvertently out yourself now. Amazon always suggests continuing my browsing for femme attire whenever I open it too.
You just have to be much more careful than ever!
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Lara Tucker. Reason: Emoji
- January 18, 2022 at 11:22 am #613184Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 1236Has thanked: 7584 timesBeen thanked: 6132 times
Yep we have to be very careful with electronics today. We don’t have one of those snoop devices that listens to everything said in your home and we don’t want one either. We were given one for a Christmas gift and it still sits in its box. I recently upgraded my smart phone and found that any pictures taken with it are captured without my permission by Google and uploaded to the cloud where anyone in our family can see them. Luckily I haven’t taken any risky pics with it and won’t. Maybe I don’t understand the settings yet but I hate that function and will never trust it for dressed pics. We have a smart tv so now after reading your experience I’m very suspicious. I think it knows when I’m in the room too.
The AI robots are taking over!
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Michelle McQueen.
- January 18, 2022 at 12:48 pm #613209DuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 959Has thanked: 4909 timesBeen thanked: 4542 times
Yes I had one of those listening devices to try out, and gave it away to my daughter. I think it lasted a month before she put it away in a cupboard. How come they are so popular except with me and anybody I know?
- January 18, 2022 at 9:34 am #613166Brielle RossDuchessRegistered On: August 14, 2021Topics: 5Replies: 409Has thanked: 2047 timesBeen thanked: 1810 times
I almost was outted before I was ready to tell my wife about my femme side. I was editing some of my selfies and pics of my outfits back in April or May, and thank goodness I was zoomed in to my arm or something, to scrub some body hair. It was late at night and she’d gone to bed a while before, but apparently woke up and came to our kitchen for water.
She was standing behind my recliner seat and asked “What are you doing?” I jumped out of my skin b/c I didn’t know she even got up! I slammed shut my laptop and said I was practicing photo editing for the pictures we were going to use on our daughter’s wedding photo montage. She appeared to be satisfied with tha answer, without asking why I slammed down my laptop lid. Of course, then I did reveal this side of me a couple of months later when I could set the narrative and help her understand (whew!)
- January 17, 2022 at 7:50 am #612797ChloeCDuchessRegistered On: November 5, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 543Has thanked: 2068 timesBeen thanked: 2545 times
Well, I can only vaguely remember two or three (at the most 5 and under) times I left something out in plain view, like a page title I keep at the top of my screen for quick access, or some small item, but none of them have caused long term consequences. As my spouse knows, but we don’t talk about it, she did once mention that our one teen daughter inadvertently came upon something small which my spouse covered for, and I was advised to really be more careful.
There was one time back when I was a teen with a good friend who was over and he noticed something small, but our close friendship was in decline as now in H.S. we were certainly heading different ways. But after all these years (lots…and lots and lots) we’re still in contact so apparently it’s been mostly forgotten,,,or jus ignored.
And like I’ve mentioned before, back then, my mother caught me with an item of hers and sternly admonished me about the long term consequences of being gay…which of course I wasn’t, and I had already read barely enough to fully know that I wasn’t, I just didn’t know exactly what as most the terms hadn’t yet been finalized (which I suspect they still aren’t totally).
- January 17, 2022 at 7:37 am #612793LeaLadyRegistered On: March 23, 2016Topics: 81Replies: 304Has thanked: 451 timesBeen thanked: 1335 times
First coming out to my wife, a few weeks after, I intentionally left a webpage up with some feminine product up. That led to her misunderstanding me. She also one found weird CD photos in our browser history, which scared her that I was dating someone. After, scrub, scrub, scrub, browse incognito mode only.
I once was going out to lunch with co-workers and had to quickly hide the plastic bag with some fun heels as the group got into my car.
Shopping, I ran into acquaintances a few times while in male mode and women’s flats. I stood really close to my shopping basket to hide the view as I talked with the acquaintances for minutes. No one ever commented, which in hindsight, was too bad.
- January 17, 2022 at 6:25 am #612755Michelle SkylarLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2021Topics: 3Replies: 187Has thanked: 585 timesBeen thanked: 681 times
- January 17, 2022 at 6:23 am #612754Michelle McQueenLadyRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 1236Has thanked: 7584 timesBeen thanked: 6132 times
- January 17, 2022 at 6:02 am #612746Barb WireDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: September 16, 2021Topics: 15Replies: 677Has thanked: 3920 timesBeen thanked: 3283 times
“Oops!!” HA HA!!!
When I was online looking for lingerie and hosiery, I piped up and said, “I wonder if this site has plus size pantyhose and lingerie?”
You know that little gizmo that Google sells, the one that looks like a donut? Well, it piped up and said, “On the website Lingerie Freaks dot com, they have an assortment of lingerie and pantyhose in plus sizes all the way up to 4XL!”
Fortunately, I was the only one home at the time!
Interestingly, that Google gizmo usually only responds to “Hey Google!” or “OK Google”, but clearly it’s listening and will respond no matter what!! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!! LOL!!!
- January 17, 2022 at 4:54 am #612727Catherine DicksonLadyRegistered On: January 22, 2020Topics: 36Replies: 272Has thanked: 332 timesBeen thanked: 1645 times
I’m pretty careful about YouTube and Amazon histories, but I often sort of wish that my daughter or someone else might somehow see and I would have to come clean. My wife already knows, but prefers not to think or talk about it.
- January 17, 2022 at 4:23 am #612719AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
My Amazon account is a dead giveaway. I’m forever searching for something new to wear and that shows up in search history whenever Amazon opens. Since the Prime account is in my name, whenever my wife wants to shop, well, you guessed it.
- January 18, 2022 at 9:01 am #613160Robinette RobbynsBaronessRegistered On: September 27, 2018Topics: 5Replies: 18Has thanked: 349 timesBeen thanked: 158 times
Jillian, I had that problem too but made a secondary household account. Now I switch between accounts and ALWAYS make a point of logging off of the Robinette account when finished. I guess she’s never had the thought to scroll down and click on “Switch accounts” label. No reason to right? I also send the purchased items to pick up at the nearby Rite Aid, my default location for that account.
- January 19, 2022 at 3:20 am #613356AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
Robinette, I also use a remote delivery box, although the 7-11 has been demolished, hmmm …. I need to find a new location. I never thought of a household account. I’ll have to che k that idea out.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 17, 2022 at 1:17 am #612691Geraldine MacBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: July 11, 2021Topics: 6Replies: 49Has thanked: 131 timesBeen thanked: 216 times
Marti, I had a recent experience of opening Dropbox in front of my wife – and it opened on my photo page! Luckily I was quick enough to turn the screen and switch to the home page.
Last week I had the experience of discovering one morning that I had left one of my pink silicon breast forms in the car – the same car that my wife was now driving. Luckily see hadn’t spotted it jammed between the driver seat and the central panel! 🙂 Zsazsa.
- This reply was modified 4 months ago by Geraldine Mac.
- January 17, 2022 at 12:37 am #612671AshleyLadyRegistered On: May 25, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 262Has thanked: 926 timesBeen thanked: 951 times
Very relatable Marti! My YouTube suggestions… a combination of outdoor videos, car videos, martial arts videos, reaction/review videos for movies and video games, mixed in of course with makeup and fashion videos. I only watch YouTube on my PC and make sure never to log into it on my TV for exactly that reason!
- January 17, 2022 at 12:09 am #612667Michelle DohertyDuchessRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 15Replies: 277Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 1113 times
- January 16, 2022 at 11:30 pm #612666Jennifer SullivanLadyRegistered On: December 31, 2021Topics: 0Replies: 116Has thanked: 177 timesBeen thanked: 408 times
I came very close I was still a closet dresser . One day I was wearing male clothes with knee highs natural nude style . I was practicing walking in my heels after a while say 1 hour I needed to take a break so I sloped them off leaving them on the floor. I see my neighbor walking up drive way the window was open she wanted to ask me a question she glanced at the floor and said nice shoes I said they are Jennifer’s who I said was my girlfriend my feet were hidden from view under a blanket so she did not see anything that was as close to messing up as I came
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.