Viewing 18 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

HiAll,

Ah, the pleasures of modern technology!

Living on my own, I’m quite blase about covering my tracks these days. Both my laptops, and my tablet are riddled with cross dressing give aways. An entire folder in favourites labelled “cd stuff”, search auto-fill ins that lead to interesting places …

But that’s alright, I have passwords to prevent access, and nowadays everyone has data on their smart phones, so visitors never need to borrow my devices to get on the internet. So, password apart I often just stay logged on these days

So a friend visited over the weekend. I’d tidied up, no obvious female apparel in view, my bathroom cleared of anything obvious. If not necessarily stored away in drawers and wardrobes, at least behind closed bedroom doors. I even remembered to check a cross dressing book wasn’t out in plain view, as happened a previous time, etc.

That night we settled down for a session of youtube music videos on my smart TY.

Whoops, on loading up, the first default suggestion on the home screen was a cross dressing video. My youtube activity on my computer devices had ‘bled’ across onto my Smart TV. It could have been an interesting conversation, But either he was too busy opening a bottle of whisky, or he noticed and didn’t have anything to say.

To paraphrase Robert Burns” – “The best laid plans of mice and (wo)men often go astray” 😉

Which made me wonder. Have you had any similar “D’oh!!!” moments to share ?

Marti xxx

Marti
      I came very close I was still a closet dresser . One day I was wearing male clothes with knee highs natural nude style . I was practicing walking in my heels after a while say 1 hour I needed to take a break so I sloped them off leaving them on the floor. I see my neighbor walking up drive way the window was open she wanted to ask me a question she glanced at the floor and said nice shoes I said they are Jennifer’s who I said was my girlfriend my feet were hidden from view under a blanket so she did not see anything that was as close to messing up as I came

Love
      Jennifer

Hi Marti

I dont have any yet,thankfully.

Not sure if i could have sat through a bottle of whiskey in panic mode.

Love
      Michelle

Ashley
      Lady

Very relatable Marti! My YouTube suggestions… a combination of outdoor videos, car videos, martial arts videos, reaction/review videos for movies and video games, mixed in of course with makeup and fashion videos. I only watch YouTube on my PC and make sure never to log into it on my TV for exactly that reason!

Geraldine Mac
      Baroness - Annual

Marti, I had a recent experience of opening Dropbox in front of my wife – and it opened on my photo page! Luckily I was quick enough to turn the screen and switch to the home page.

Last week I had the experience of discovering one morning that I had left one of my pink silicon breast forms in the car – the same car that my wife was now driving. Luckily see hadn’t spotted it jammed between the driver seat and the central panel! 🙂 Zsazsa.

Anonymous

Ha ha, Zsa Zsa, I knpw that gap too well, it’s a magnet for anything on the front seats! In my case, never as big as a breast form 😉

Marti xxx

Anonymous

Hi Marti,

My Amazon account is a dead giveaway. I’m forever searching for something new to wear and that shows up in search history whenever Amazon opens. Since the Prime account is in my name, whenever my wife wants to shop, well, you guessed it.

Hugs, Jillian

Jillian, I had that problem too but made a secondary household account. Now I switch between accounts and ALWAYS make a point of logging off of the Robinette account when finished. I guess she’s never had the thought to scroll down and click on “Switch accounts” label. No reason to right? I also send the purchased items to pick up at the nearby Rite Aid, my default location for that account.

Anonymous

Robinette, I also use a remote delivery box, although the 7-11 has been demolished, hmmm …. I need to find a new location. I never thought of a household account. I’ll have to che k that idea out.

Jillian

Forgot to mention that when I switch accounts I’m in incognito mood too.

I’m pretty careful about YouTube and Amazon histories, but I often sort of wish that my daughter or someone else might somehow see and I would have to come clean.  My wife already knows, but prefers not to think or talk about it.

Catherine

Barb Wire
      Lady

“Oops!!” HA HA!!!

When I was online looking for lingerie and hosiery, I piped up and said, “I wonder if this site has plus size pantyhose and lingerie?”

You know that little gizmo that Google sells, the one that looks like a donut? Well, it piped up and said, “On the website Lingerie Freaks dot com, they have an assortment of lingerie and pantyhose in plus sizes all the way up to 4XL!”

Fortunately, I was the only one home at the time!

Interestingly, that Google gizmo usually only responds to “Hey Google!” or “OK Google”, but clearly it’s listening and will respond no matter what!! BE CAREFUL OUT THERE!! LOL!!!

Barb 🙂

Anonymous
      Lady

I always get womens clothing ads on my yahoo page and when I bring up amazon its always pushing lingerie or female clothing too. Our lifestyle becomes a habit and so common that we don’t notice anymore.

Hi Marti,

Love the title! I don’t use any smart tech in the house and most things I do on the computer are in a InPrivate window, which cuts down on the advertising a lot.

Lea
      Lady

First coming out to my wife, a few weeks after, I intentionally left a webpage up with some feminine product up. That led to her misunderstanding me. She also one found weird CD photos in our browser history, which scared her that I was dating someone. After, scrub, scrub, scrub, browse incognito mode only.

I once was going out to lunch with co-workers and had to quickly hide the plastic bag with some fun heels as the group got into my car.

Shopping, I ran into acquaintances a few times while in male mode and women’s flats. I stood really close to my shopping basket to hide the view as I talked with the acquaintances for minutes. No one ever commented, which in hindsight, was too bad.

ChloeC
      Duchess

Well, I can only vaguely remember two or three (at the most 5 and under) times I left something out in plain view, like a page title I keep at the top of my screen for quick access, or some small item, but none of them have caused long term consequences.  As my spouse knows, but we don’t talk about it, she did once mention that our one teen daughter inadvertently came upon something small which my spouse covered for, and I was advised to really be more careful.

There was one time back when I was a teen with a good friend who was over and he noticed something small, but our close friendship was in decline as now in H.S. we were certainly heading different ways.  But after all these years (lots…and lots and lots) we’re still in contact so apparently it’s been mostly forgotten,,,or jus ignored.

And like I’ve mentioned before, back then, my mother caught me with an item of hers and sternly admonished me about the long term consequences of being gay…which of course I wasn’t, and I had already read barely enough to fully know that I wasn’t, I just didn’t know exactly what as most the terms hadn’t yet been finalized (which I suspect they still aren’t totally).

Brielle
      Lady

I almost was outted before I was ready to tell my wife about my femme side. I was editing some of my selfies and pics of my outfits back in April or May, and thank goodness I was zoomed in to my arm or something, to scrub some body hair. It was late at night and she’d gone to bed a while before, but apparently woke up and came to our kitchen for water.

She was standing behind my recliner seat and asked “What are you doing?” I jumped out of my skin b/c I didn’t know she even got up! I slammed shut my laptop and said I was practicing photo editing for the pictures we were going to use on our daughter’s wedding photo montage. She appeared to be satisfied with tha answer, without asking why I slammed down my laptop lid. Of course, then I did reveal this side of me a couple of months later when I could set the narrative and help her understand (whew!)

Anonymous
      Lady

Yep we have to be very careful with electronics today. We don’t have one of those snoop devices that listens to everything said in your home and we don’t want one either. We were given one for a Christmas gift and it still sits in its box. I recently upgraded my smart phone and found that any pictures taken with it are captured without my permission by Google and uploaded to the cloud where anyone in our family can see them. Luckily I haven’t taken any risky pics with it and won’t. Maybe I don’t understand the settings yet but I hate that function and will never trust it for dressed pics. We have a smart tv so now after reading your experience I’m very suspicious. I think it knows when I’m in the room too.

The AI robots are taking over!

Anonymous

Hi Michelle,

Yes I had one of those listening devices to try out, and gave it away to my daughter. I think it lasted a month before she put it away in a cupboard. How come they are so popular except with me and anybody I know?

Marti XXX

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Marti

My wife and I were on a long drive to visit family over the holidays. We were using her smart phone to listen to an audio book. I was driving, and she wanted to check on a few up coming interchanges along our route with my phone. Well I almost always have CDH open with the browser just put aside, and not closed. Usually I switch back to a weather app before setting the phone aside, but don’t always remember.

well I did actually did have that cold sweat that everyone mentions so casually to describe stress. All was well that time, I had remembered to close the browser.

There are so many ways to inadvertently out yourself now. Amazon always suggests continuing my browsing for femme attire whenever I open it too.

You just have to be much more careful than ever!

💕Lara😰

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Emoji
      Kelly Lee
      Duchess - Annual

Bleeding like that is a problem I have also. While for most things I have a separate account and with that not much bleeding but one thing I have problem to keep my fingers off is heels and nice clothes in things like ads. This means that on my smartphone the ads that show up is many times a dress, high heel boots or so (and that despite I reject cookies and targeted ads wherever I can). Not much of a problem but for example when I lookup something to show a friend the ads shows could cause questions but so far none have come.

Now I’m out enough that I decided that if anyone hints or straight out asks I will tell the truth, I’m tired of hiding so they might as well find out. If any friend then cancel the friendship they are not worth keeping anyway.

/kt

Anonymous

Mmh, yes, that “oh what the hell” feeling. You’re not exactly planning to be out, but start feeling that it wouldn’t be such a big deal if others spotted it. A strange one.

Marti xxx

Peta Mari
      Lady

Leaving lipstick wrappers…or stained cotton wool used to remove nail polish. (My wife knows and we sometimes do each others nails.)

Anonymous

Hi Mary Jane,

– and lipstick on your wine glass? Or schooner 😉

Marti xxx

Peta Mari
          Lady

Ahhh yes. The coffee cup.

Kelly Lee
            Duchess - Annual

caused minor scare for me
            While dressed with lipstick I had coffee from a thermos mug that has a black top. I den changed to be ready for a videocall and did of course have some more coffe before the call started. That sip transferred back some of the lipstick to my lips…

/kt

I have not had any electronics snafus as my laptop is not on the internet and everything else is on the phone. Not that there is much danger anyway as I live alone and am totally out to friends and family.

There were two occasions before I came out. I was living with friends at the time and both events involved laundry. The first was when washing underwear and the male roomate got to the laundry room before me and started moving my clothes to the dryer. When I came in he said “Panties?” My response was that they fit better than mens underwear and were more comfortable, which is absolutely true. The second time was when his teenage daughter brought my dried laundry to my room. Her only comment was “Thongs? I can’t wear those.”

I think his opinion after that was a little off but she just accepted it as just another day.

Beth

Anonymous

Have you ever woken up in the middle of the night convinced that you left some piece of damnning evidence in plain sight?

Viewing 18 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?