Viewing 3 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

With apologies to Teddy Roosevelt for re-writing his quote “It’s Not the Critic Who Counts”-one of my dad’s favorite quotes.

It’s not the critic who counts; not the woman who points out how the crossdresser gets read, or where the person who left the home dressed could have looked better. The credit belongs to the woman who is actually in the arena, whose makeup is slightly smeared form nervous perspiration; who dares go out into the world; who fails to pass, coming short again and again, because there is no venturing out without initial failures and fiascos; but who actually DOES try and pass in the world; who knows great joy at going out dressed; working hard on her outfit and deportment; who gives her all in reaching for the stars; who at the best is accepted by the world as female ; and who at the worst, if she fails, at least fails while daring to reach her dream, so that her place will never be with those timid souls who hide at home and never try.

Cynthia-November 23,2015

I hope to let this be an inspiration for myself and others who have cowered behind closed doors for too long to overcome our fears of what MIGHT happen if we go out into the world and to enjoy all the world has to offer us.

Anonymous

Cyn you have banged ‘the nail’ squarely on the head. We have a right to feel the freedom to be who we are. Most of us live in countries that champion freedom yet some of us fear to take the steps that proclaim that we embrace that freedom, that we are who we are and carry no shame for it.

You don’t need words for inspiration Cynthia, it’s already there in your heart. Set it, and yourself, free.

Miss Cloe
      Managing Ambassador

Thomas Jefferson once said “Do you want to know who you are? Don’t ask. Act! Action will delineate and define you.”.  I posted this quote for discussion in public chat tonight and Cyn brought this article to my attention.  Both the article and the quote are chicken soup for the soul of a crossdresser.  Too often we let some circumstance of fear interfere with what we should be doing for ourselves.  We do need to consider the impact of our actions upon loved ones, but failure to act in itself is a delay in becoming the person we are destined to be.

Cloé

skippy1965 Cynthia
        Ambassador

Thanks Cloe! I’m trying to implement these words into action in my own life! I’m glad you found inspiration from them as well!
        Cyn

Howdy my friend Cynthia!  Well said Teddy and thank you Cyn for passing that along for us.

In this world…we have nothing to fear but fear itself. What is fear?  Fear is the apprehention of physical/mental assault that has not occurred yet or if at all.  Confidence is your armor!

Examine yourself in the mirror……..clothes match, make-up perfect, correct shoes for the outfit? Poise and walk, checked OK.  Bingo! You are ready to go. Whoa…not just yet. Attitude check……look at yourself in that mirror……say to yourself…damn, I look terrific! World I AM COMING OUT TO ENHANCE YOUR BEAUTY. Deep breath, let it out, open that door and add another Wild Flower to the ecosystem. YOU are beautiful, YOUR world is beautiful, it is a great day; YOU are going to make it better!

Poise, attitude, positiveness will kill any fear that comes along. Who cares who looks at you….smile and nod….and think…:eat your heart out baby: and walk thru that valley because as Mohammed Ali said………….I AM THE GREATEST!!!

Lady Veronica Graunwolf       (The second greatest – always room for improvement!)

Viewing 3 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Poet’s Corner’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?