Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Holly G
      Lady

Girls, what a fun time I had today!  I flew into the Detroit area for a work trip and decided to take a side adventure to Janet’s Closet.  For those who have not found it yet, it is a crossdresser store and it’s massive! I was a little nervous walking in, but the staff there was wonderful!  I walked around taking it all in and eventually started to ask questions. When I finally got up the nerve, I asked if I could try on some of the heels. The sales girl was SO awesome!  She got me a couple different pairs and in a hesitant tone asked if I’ve ever walked in heels before.  Boy was she shocked at how I was strutting my stuff around the store in 6″ platform stilettos!  The pair I fell in love with though was this black leather cage looking pair with rings down the front…nothing at all practical, but I simply LOVED THEM!!  I told her I was just enjoying having fun as I continued to walk all around the store in them, so she immediately started grabbing clothes for me to go with the shoes!  I said I wouldn’t feel right unless I had my wig, so she pointed to the wall of maybe 100 different wigs and said pull whichever one you want down and have some fun! In fact she picked out the one I was thinking would look best on me, so she was batting 1000. It was such a blast!  She picked out 2 outfits for me and basically pushed me into a dressing room, but once in there, I was in heaven. I got the first dress on, added the wig and walked on out to the store.  I walked all over in that outfit enjoying how it felt and how I looked. I wish I would have had my forms with me, but still I was simply loving it. Then I went in and tried on the second outfit…a black leather skirt with a slit up the left leg and a black lace top with a black under layer…I was shocked how I looked in it and SO wanted to get it!  The funniest part was she was wearing a very similar outfit, so after she kindly took a couple pictures of me, we posed together as twins (albeit I was probably 2 feet taller than her, ESPECIALLY in THOSE heels…uhhh….so in love with those shoes…) It was such a fun time. It was like playing dress up with one of your girl friends.  She even went to get her friend to show off how we looked together.  I didn’t mind because I was so enjoying walking around in that outfit in the store.  I want to go back so badly!  Anyhow, a huge shout out to the staff over there!  They really treated me like one of the girls and I love them for it!

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Sounds like a blast, Holly! I’m a 2-3 hour drive away, though I’m on the other side of the border, in Canada, and have wondered about driving down there to look around, and do some shopping, of course. Naturally I would have the border issues to contend with, but it sounds like it’s be worth it.

Amy

Holly G
      Lady

Amy, it all depends what you’re looking for. Their shoe selection is massive and for someone who has size 12-13 feet in men’s sizes, it was hard not to try on everything!  They have a very large selection of breast forms in stock as well. Then there is the massive wig walls surrounding a small selection of clubish clothes in one room, then another room of more toys and fetish items. You really can just pick your poison in there or avoid things that might make you uncomfortable.  For me it was all about the shoes and all about how they treated me. It was just a fun time playing dress up today!

what a great day you must off had there is nothing here in Australia as good as what you have in the States

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I love getting together with other crossdressers, getting makeovers and dressing together. I would love to go to Janet’s Closet. It sounds like a great place. I know some local girls who went there during TG Invasion.

Holly G
      Lady

Patty, what is TG invasion?!? My wife and I are FINALLY talking about all this so I’m hoping to be able to go for a girls weekend event this year.

Amy, don’t let anything stop you. Going to Janet’s Closet is definitely worth the drive. If for some reason you can’t make the trip, the store has a web site you can order anything the store has.

I’m local to Janet’s. I wish every gurl could go there. Such a relaxed atmosphere. I buy alot of my stuff from there. Janet is awesome as well. I’ve known her for quite a long time now. Glad you had a good time.

Holly G, It’s great that you had a wonderful time at Janet’s. Was it your first time there? I visited Janet’s last July for my first time, a 4 hour one way drive 550 mile round tripper. I echo the helpfulness of the friendly staff. I got my first set of breast forms when I went. I also ended up with my much needed first pair of red heeled pumps. I also got some black nylon suspender hose and another item. (I’ll reveal it by PM, if anyone wants to know what it is) I really want to go back for a second visit in the coming months. Same as you; there are more heeled shoes I need and I want to focus on trying on some clothes.

Misha Monroe
      Duchess

I love love love Janet’s Closet!  I’m located in Toronto, about 4 and a half hours from Janet’s in Wyandotte Mich, just down river from Detroit.  And it’s worth the trip!  I try to go at least once a year.  Amazing selection of crossdressing and drag supplies you will find nowhere else – especially not in stock on a shelf that you can try on! Holly talked about the shoes, dresses and wigs, but they also have a huge selection of breast forms in all sizes, shapes, skin tones and price points. And a big selection of pocket bras.  I’ve bought lots of things there in person, and I’ve done some online purchases as well (they have a website with mail order).  A special highlight is Janet’s own brand of false lashes – a huge variety from soft and subtle to huge, feathery and flappy – and they’re $2.50 a pair!!!!   All the staff there are wonderful, but I love Lexi the best.  Oh, and by the way, they are attached to a kinky shop that carries leather corsets and all manner of fetish wear (if you are into that).  All in sizes up to big girls like us!

Billie
      Lady

Went in fall with SO had a great time planning on going this month. hope to see you there.

Visit  TG Detroit for information,

I so want to go there, any flights from Scotland to Detroit???🤣🤣🤣

So happy for you Holly❤️

Holly, Janet’s Closet is my jam! All of my heels are from there, two of my wigs and several of my outfits. And JC’s makeup service is the best anywhere and much less pricey than Sephora’s and Ulta’s. And the attentive and encouraging staff makes you feel completely at home. I only wish that the owner would franchise additional Janet’s Closets throughout the country. Anywho, I’ll be there this month (to celebrate TG Detroit’s quarterly gathering, TransFusion) and then again in March.

Holly G
      Lady

Thanks Petra!  I’m learning I need to come back to check out the CD / Trans happenings in the Detroit area!  Who knew??

skippy1965 Cynthia
      Ambassador

HOlly you were one of my earliest friends here on CDH. So glad you’re getting out and about and that your wife is starting to accept that Holy is art of who you are. Now when are popping down I 64 to visit me?
      Cyn

Stephanie Flowers
      Ambassador

Wow!! What a time out. I’ve ordered my first dress from Janet’s Closet a sexy little black dress, my favorite. Planning a trip to Detroit this spring to visit friends and now hearing of your experience I’ll have to make a special trip to visit Janet’s … thankyou for sharing..

Stephanie 🌹

This is such a huge bucket list thing for me.  I am so nervous about doing it.  I have so many questions about getting a makeover.

I’ve been to Janet’s. It is everything you say it is.

Anonymous

Congratulations!!  I am so happy for you.  I have been to Janet’s many times for many makeovers. Love JC!

Anonymous

What a great story, Holly.  I’m not surprised you had such wonderful experience at Janet’s Closet.  I’ve been there many times before, both in drab and en femme.  The staff has always treated me well and been very helpful.  I remember my first time out en femme was at Janet’s closet.  I was very nervous as I opened the door to exit the dressing room.  The girls there complemented me on the way I looked and made me feel so comfortable that the nervousness quickly went away.  I was then able to enjoy my shopping, feeling confident and accepted.

Jessica
      Lady

OMG where to start, but I see all the great replies to Janets Closet and theres not much to add but a testimonial. And mine is that I have always had a positive experience going there, from the customer service to getting a makeover, pics and the variety. I bought some jewelry the last time I was there and loveeee the choker bracelet combo. If I was a little closer I would be in there a lot more. I can almost guarantee a great experience if you go and will even add a bar destination to add to the excitement and that is the Adams Apple for a relaxed experience as well. Go out and have some fun.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?