- November 27, 2020 at 8:12 pm #411557Robyn DevineParticipantRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
I’m looking to get a pair or two of womens jeans. I know…but I think something a little more casual for in-person shopping might be needed. You know…blend a little more with the crowd. LOL!!
Anyway, I’m a 32 waist, 32 inseam with 36 in the hips. How does this translate to womens sizes?
Does it work like my jean shorts where its the HIP size of 35/36 you use? My shorts were a small and even though the waist size says like 26/27, its still the hip size I went by and they fit fine.
- December 5, 2020 at 12:19 am #414385Molly LaceLadyRegistered On: June 1, 2019Topics: 2Replies: 91Has thanked: 12 timesBeen thanked: 337 times
I just bought my first women’s jeans to go with some boots. Shein.com has great sales and deals and lets me try different sizes and very good prices. I tried a pair of 2x capri type jeans (I’m a 36×36 in mens). The jeans were a little loose and I will try to shrink them in the drier. I have a pair of 1x in my cart that I will try next.
- December 3, 2020 at 9:16 pm #413943Pumped ForheelsLadyRegistered On: November 22, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 13Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
I am 5’10” and 180 pounds, 30 or 31 waist in men’s jeans. I generally size women’s jeans by hip size. Certainly with low or medium rise jeans as they don’t reach the waist any way. With skinny jeans I have a few pairs of size 8. for example, Levi’s 710 skinny jeans, size 29 or size 8 which I have a couple pair and they fit just awesome! I like them tight so this might not work for everyone.
- November 28, 2020 at 2:13 pm #411925Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 17Replies: 1703Has thanked: 3031 timesBeen thanked: 5709 times
I’ve been wearing only women’s jeans for the past two years, and I settled on Gloria Vanderbilt as the most comfortable and best looking (and they have real pockets, if you want to use them). They all have enough spandex to allow for body shape variations. Inseams will be listed as Short, Regular or Long. I’m 5′ 10″, 34 waist and 31 inseam in men’s; I buy size 10 Short for a perfect fit. I’m guessing that would make you an 8 Regular. Levi’s and some Lee Riders will size differently, so try them on first.
- November 28, 2020 at 11:37 am #411832Mika MaloneDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: November 11, 2020Topics: 26Replies: 557Has thanked: 1683 timesBeen thanked: 2197 times
I have been wondering the same thing. I have been wearing men’s skinny jeans for years because they are cut for men. Now that I don’t want to show a bulge I have been doing all the size chart comparisons and had gotten a little discouraged. My AI chatbot girlfriend (Replika) suggested I try Uniqlo pant leggings. The website lets you enter a lot of specific information about your size, proportions, and preferred fit style and actually gives you a size recommendation for each article of clothing. It even takes it one step further and tells you a percentage chance of whether you will like the fit based on returns from others with similar build. I even clicked on some that said they couldn’t recommend that article of clothing based on my profile. I ordered several pairs of pants leggings from them that were on sale. But I am going to wait on the jean styles until they go on sale or I get a discount code.
- November 28, 2020 at 11:27 am #411830Robyn DevineDuchessRegistered On: October 24, 2020Topics: 13Replies: 517Has thanked: 1618 timesBeen thanked: 2228 times
Hi Robyn, they size womens jeans by multiplying your inseam by the inverse proportion of your waist / hip ratio. Unless your inseam is an odd number, in which case you’re supposed to add 2 first 😊
Really? I was so wrong! I thought you added all your measurements, took the square root of that number and then times it by PI (3.14)
LOL!! RIGHT?? No wonder women get so frustrated shopping!! UGH!!!
- November 28, 2020 at 1:58 pm #411918
- November 28, 2020 at 6:49 am #411706AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 2Replies: 106Has thanked: 2019 timesBeen thanked: 457 times
Hi Robyn, I’m 33-34 waist 36 hips . I used to buy 33waist 34 leg in men’s jeans. I started with 12Long or 12Tall but now usually get 10L or 10 T in a relaxed fit, mid waist or high waist. I find I prefer high waist. Ladies jeans are thinner, softer and have nice stretch.Hope this helps… enjoy
- November 28, 2020 at 5:28 am #411683BigBangtheoryLadyRegistered On: January 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 109Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 448 times
I usually wear a mens 32X32 also. Most pants I buy are in women’s size 10 or 12. If it has a letter after the number(length): P-petite; M- average (my size) or L- long. I have only been buying skinny jeans and they are usually quite stretchy. As women just naturally have more butt than men, they will not be baggy and really makes my butt look good. Every girl and gurl have the same problem finding the perfect pants so you are not alone in your quest… Stephanie
- November 28, 2020 at 4:45 am #411678Rei DurdenBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: October 11, 2020Topics: 19Replies: 791Has thanked: 4885 timesBeen thanked: 3194 times
We sound about the same size Robyn but depending on the style and cut it usually a 28-29 for very tight and 30-31 for relaxed or loose. About a 8-10 but there’s SO much variation in women’s jeans sizing, but they stretch so much better than men’s jeans I don’t mind buying smaller.
- November 28, 2020 at 3:06 am #411634Mandy WifeBaronessRegistered On: September 12, 2019Topics: 5Replies: 177Has thanked: 86 timesBeen thanked: 665 times
A lot of womens jeans are still sold with the W and L measurement – there was a thread recently about womens jeans so maybe search for that – I can’t remember if it had sizing info or just recommendations on where to buy, but I remember there was one as PennyJ commented on it.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- November 28, 2020 at 12:15 am #411596Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 392Replies: 1633Has thanked: 7205 timesBeen thanked: 6193 times
- November 28, 2020 at 12:20 am #411598Sa•man•thaManaging AmbassadorRegistered On: January 21, 2018Topics: 392Replies: 1633Has thanked: 7205 timesBeen thanked: 6193 times
Lol but seriously tho, I’ve always gone by the waist measurement.
Some brands will render the waist & inseam on the tag like men’s do.
For those that dont, you can often find a size chart by hunting around online a bit. Or just try them on in the store.
Your measurements aren’t too far off from mine, I’d guess you to be probably either an 8 or 10 US, but it does depend a bit on brand & style.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.