Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I’m having trouble finding out what size women’s jeans to buy. Guys have two measurements where women’s just have 1. Any advice on how to find the proper size for me and suggestions what brand/style might fit best?

I’m a men’s 36″ /32 33 I wearing either a woman’s small or women’s medium depending upon the brand I’m 5’11.5″ 168lbs

I have a nice cutout pair of black  leggings wi6cutouts from knees to ankles in size medium size. From Rainbow Women’s shop.

Yet the weekend b4 last went to Macy’s tried on a sexy pair of spandex skinny jeans in medium waist waist was perfect but length was to short about 8″ up from ankles tried large but length was perfect and tight from ankle to upper thigh but waist was NoT tight more like a lady’s gym shorts.

So I think i need to just try some on and see what works for u.

Alicia C
      Lady

look for tall sizes, sometimes you can find them with L specified.

I HAVE FOUND IF YOU GO BY HALF THE MAN’S SIZE LIKE IF YOU WEAR A FORTY A  WOMAN’S TWENTY WOULD BE CLOSE. BUT I ALWAYS TRY THEM ON TO BE SURE. MOST WOMAN’S PANTS SEEM TO BE ABOUT 19-20” SO IF YOU ARE TALL LOOK FOR TALL.

Anonymous

My suggestion———–stick to skirts or stretchy dress’s…………much easier……

Mikki

I actually find it easier to shop in large stores with male and female clothing. I have found the tags on most women’s jeans have length and waist measurements in inches, or length in short, regular and long leg length. Last time I had my eye on some Levi 311s ( or maybe 312s) but are a bit more expensive than my usual  jeans so on that occasion my head overruled my heart. Maybe will take them to the male changing room today   to see if I can convince myself to pay a bit more for them. Levi’s have many different sizes and lengths in inches, rather than the traditional 6,8,10,12 etc sizes. I think unless you have actually tried some on buying online can be a bit of a lottery.

Love

B

Got Levi 312s slim fit, perfect fit in all the right places,soft supple lycra denim material in indigo ❤️❤️❤️, I don’t work for Levi, honest😂, most I’ve ever spent on female attire but OMG I never want to take these off ! Decided to get them as I will wear them as part of my male and female wardrobe, in fact these are now my go to jeans, I know I will wear them to death so will definetly get my moneys worth. Will go perfect with heels, boots, trainers, flats, in fact finding it hard to think of footwear that will not go with them ! Sorry, boring everybody ! But just had to tell somebody I have never been so happy with an item of clothing, except perhaps my kilt which cost a lot more and I have only worn a handful of times!

Decided to with slim fit 312s rather than skinny 311s as skinnies are a real struggle to get over size 9 feet whereas slim fit slips on and off no problem.

Anonymous

Agree with the levis great fit and can pass in everyday life. Prefer 314s myself.

Marianne
          Ambassador

Good for you Bianca!

Becka
      Lady

Hi Cindy,

Here is what I did.

I was at a second hand store and picked up a pair of guy jeans that were my size (34″ waist).  Then I went to the gurl section and found a pair that matched that size at the waist, by holding them up against each other.  I came away with a size 10!

Now that said, it depends on the cut of the womens jeans.  Sometimes it’s an 11, but never a 9 or a 12.  So I pretty much have it dialed in.  In a second hand or thrift store, it’s easy to try them on and I highly recommend that.  There are only one set of dressing rooms, and they are not gender specific.  Where as in a department store, you may have to drag a pair of womens jeans to the mens department to try them on.

Also don’t know why, there is something sexy and exciting about trying on gurl jeans in a dressing room!

Love it!

ps – I don’t so much worry about the length.  I like sort jeans and most if not all of my gurl jeans gather or are very tapered at the ankle.

Love and Hugs,

Rebekka!

Anonymous

With a 35″ inside leg, it’s really hard to find long legged garments anyway!

I find that I’m a comfortable size 10, providing there’s stretch to the jeans. I have a 31″ waist so all my male jeans look like sacking.

But a size 10 ladies pair fit like a second skin around the hips and I make sure to get straight legs as skinny jeans are too annoying to take off, and I can never find nice boots to go with bootcuts. Ladies jeans are a real minefield, and you have to try loads of pairs to find the right ones.

Size 12 just look like male jeans on me, so I  wear them as a stealth thing around the family or going out.

Not one person has even looked oddly at me, and my wife has even commented that she likes my new jeans…

Ahhh!

Love Laura

Anonymous

I am 6’2″.  I have found long inseams at JC Penneys, Alloy, Macys, and rarely ebay.  Shop the sales

Anonymous

Advice……… get some and try them on.  Accidentally put some in your cart in a store and try them on in the dressing room.  Buy different sizes at target…… jc penny….. wherever and return those that dont fit.  I am almost always 12 on the bottom and 18 on top

Marianne
      Ambassador

Some styles of women’s jeans or other pants come in only one length (long) since women are supposed to be able to shorten them for fit. In Sweden we have either EU (german) sizing 32 34 36 etc. or xsmall small medium large etc. with me being 40/medium. Lately waist and length sizing in inches have been increasingly common. I wear almost exclusively women’s skin tight stretch jeans with normal waistline over a padded panty, both in male mode at work and home and also often when out en femme.

Anonymous

I need to try my Jean’s with the padded panty. I think it would help the shape.

Anonymous

The stretch fabric is your friend. I am a 33 or 34 in mens I usually buy sz 12 ladies. I go for straight leg to wear everyday type ware is skinny or super skinny to add a touch of femininity. My wish list is pastels.

Becka
        Lady

Erica,

I recently bought a butter yellow pair of jeans I’m dying to wear!  Have to work up to it!  Looking for red next!

Anonymous

I saw some 7 for mankind lavendar skinny Jean’s. I wish I could wear them to work a white tee and denim jacket. I bet the yellow are adorable.

Becka
            Lady

Oh Erica, I recently bought a couple pair of plum / Lavender jeans and I love them!

Amy Myers
          Baroness

That sounds beautiful, Rebekka!

Amy

IsabelB
      Lady

I only wear ladies jeans & trousers and have done for some time.  I usually get them from either Marks & Spencer or Next, the latter offering a 35in leg length which is great as the Long in M&S is really only just long enough and sometimes not even that.  As for size – for me, it’s a UK size 14, maybe a 16 depending on cut.  I’m a 35/36in waist in men’s (or was – don’t have any now!)

Latest acquisition is a pair of 14L pink jeans.  Whether I will wear them outside, I haven’t decided yet – but my aim is to do so.  If I were younger, I would for sure, but in my late 50s, maybe not.  To me, they look great.  The trouble is, we are all too often conscious of what we think other people may think – which may, or may not be accurate.  In fact, do we sometimes imagine reasons for not wearing things when no issue actually exists?  I guess that’s a real variable depending on where we are and who is observing.

I’m rambling.  I’ll stop now…

Anonymous

Pink Jeans do cute. I think if you get 1 chance to wear those you will make the purchase worthwhile. I have complete outfits I dream about wearing. I have tried a few now (out in public) and nothing bad happened. The world kept turning. I would love to find a ladies night to show some of these off. We only limit ourselves. Fear is our enemy.  Fear taught to us as kids growing up. I saw wear the pink Jean’s and look fabulous. 😊🤣😚

Thanks girls for all the advice. I think I’m close. I bought a pair this weekend and the fit but I think next pair will be 1 size smaller, the stretchy fabric will look great then.I posted photo if you want to see,

Becka
        Lady

Nice Jeans, Cindy!

I was a bad gurl today and stopped at my local thrift store, and of course found yet another pair of capri jeans.  Nice and snug, skinny fit and just love them!  I must have 50 pair now!  I have to stop.

They are deeply discounted, but I’m just about out of room!

I just try them on! I wear 6’s, 7’s, and 8’s lol!! Just depends on the brand, cut, materials. Most of the time 6’s are perfect! Drab is about 30×31″

-SR-

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Trying them on is the best bet. I went shopping for some at a local thrift store, and had a couple of that I thought would be the right size to try, but they didn’t work. Did find a pair that fit nice on my next try.

I agree that the stretch that most have is a good thing, and lends itself to the “look” that they give.

Amy

Anonymous

Sounds Einstein’s theory of relativity or Pythagoras theory Sammy

My brain hurts

x

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?