Viewing 33 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Marie Chandler
      Participant
      Registered On: June 29, 2020
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 19

Good topic, Bobbi. Like you, I’ve recently moved into jeans and pants from dresses and skirts. For my body, I’ve found that low or high rise skinny jeans work the best. Luckily for me, my wife and I wear the same size in low rise. I have narrow hips, but not as small a waist as her. I was able to try on every low rise pair she had, from flare to skinny and skinny worked the best. My favorite pair were Universal Thread from Target. Quality-wise, they were on par with her more expensive Madewell jeans.

I also have a pair of high rise, faux leather pants from Zara. They are skinny as well, but fit a little looser like pants. I LOVE these! They are sophisticated and chic, but also casual enough to blend during the daytime. Well, at least that’s what I hope. I have worn them in public yet, but I plan to one of these days.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Bobbi Sue
      Participant
      Registered On: September 15, 2020
      Topics: 12
      Replies: 90

I started a group, Keep or Return.   I used my god awful jeans as the first post.    So if you want to see them, go here.

https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/groups/keep-or-return/

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Bobbi Sue
      Participant

I suspect you ladies would like an update.   I tried the jeans again with padding.   Nope they’re just ugly, abd a size too big.  Time to try a new pair.

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Amanda Burton
        Participant
        Registered On: January 15, 2020
        Topics: 7
        Replies: 344

Bobbie, have you tried one size smaller than you need, but in a stretch material?

Marlene Roberts
      Participant
      Registered On: December 9, 2019
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 108

Yes, VG Amanda work well for me also. My wife also wears them but one size lower so we have his and hers when we go out.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Rei Durden
      Participant
      Registered On: October 11, 2020
      Topics: 14
      Replies: 451

My wife gave me pair of her low rise/boot cut Guess jeans (10 or more years old and comfortable as heck!)  and my daughter shared a few high and mid rise skinny jeans that she had ‘thrifted’

I recently found a great pair at Reitmans  (R-brand) as well as 3 pairs of low rise from Silver jeans.com

DeeAnn Hopings
      Participant
      Registered On: November 10, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 671

Gloria Vanderbilt jeans have been mentioned here, but no one has referenced a specific model. The Amanda style works VERY well for me and I have a number of pairs. Women’s clothing is VERY inconsistent in sizing between manufacturers and even within the same manufacturer. I have 8 or 9 pair. After the 3rd or 4th I noticed that the sizing in that style is so consistent that I didn’t need to try them on before purchasing.

To illustrate the inconsistency is sizing, I have 5 Sharagano dresses; same fit, same style. However, the labels say 14, 16 and 16W.

Anyway, the moral to this story is that if you are buying in a store, try the items on. If you are buying online, check the measurements or request them if not present. I also tend to avoid online shops that post generic measurement charts that are not related to the specific manufacturer…

Roberta Broussard
      Participant
      Registered On: July 20, 2020
      Replies: 31

Wow!  I havent seen these before. Thanks for letting us know about these videos.

Vanessa ?
      Participant
      Registered On: September 26, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 33

I actually have not worn jeans (as a guy) since my freshman year of high school.  I literally don’t own a pair currently!

The ones I had back then were always terribly uncomfortable and I found the whole process of unbuttoning and unzipping before I could go to the bathroom (or just take them off) to be really frustrating and way more time-consuming than it needed to be.

Of course, now that I’m dressing up I’ve actually thought a bit about trying jeans again but this time as Vanessa.  Wouldn’t have the first clue on where to start, I literally don’t even know what size jeans I’d wear or anything… but I figure “try on some of my roommate’s” is a good first step.  We wear about the same size shirts/dresses after all, so we’re at least closer than my blind guess at Goodwill or someplace might be.  And unfortunately with the changing rooms being closed due to COVID-19 and all, any clothes shopping in an unfamiliar category is going to be the blind guessing type…

Melissa Penning
      Participant
      Registered On: May 8, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 10

Hi Bobbi Sue. I love the alexandrasgirlytalk videos on Youtube. She has a great one on jeans.

Love❤❤

Melissa

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Falecia McGuire
      Participant
      Registered On: January 11, 2019
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 114

Oh boy (or girl) do l love this topic and women’s jeans.  I’m frankly kind of nuts over the jeans thing.  For years, all my women’s clothes were more exclusively feminine – lots of skirts, dresses, and blouses.  Then, I discovered the androgynous thing in the new millennium.  First I found some hip-hugger flares that I could wear long enough to conceal my high heeled footwear.  Then I got some of the same with button fronts.  And, then I found some that buttoned on the side.  The were called “Sidewinders!”  Then, along came skinny jeans, ultra skinny, and jeggings – in many colors and shades of blue.  I’ve got a rainbow!  Finally (for now) I’ve got two identical pairs of side-zip skinny jeans in two different sizes – tight & tighter!  I remember reading part of a memoir years ago about a boy whose mother forced him to wear side closure hand-me-down slacks from his older sister.  He found it embarrassing; I’d have found it exhilarating.  Imagine having an excuse like that for crossdressing!

FAM

Penny Jay
      Participant
      Registered On: August 4, 2020
      Topics: 4

My first pair of ladies jeans are supposed to arrive tomorrow,  M&S High waisted straight leg in black. I hope they fit.

PennyJ

Jeans arrived, and they fit perfectly. Sizing is spot on. Super comfy and stretchy with or without hip pads. Would definitely recommend for and ladies in the UK. Think I’ll be wearing them for the rest of today, maybe tomorrow too.

Now do they have them in a different colour?

PennyJ

rebekka moore
      Participant
      Registered On: January 7, 2017
      Topics: 77
      Replies: 846

Hi Bobbi Sue! (Love the name!)

I love jeans and have (honestly) about 40-50 pair!

– I love skinny jeans the most, w/low rise or cut at the waist!  They feel so feminine on me.  Especially the ones with little zippers at the ankle.  (wearing some now!)

– I have a number of what I consider very cool bell bottom jeans that I love to wear with booties of course.

– I have several pair of capri length jeans, and love to wear those, great in summer time.

My look is more “boho” in style, and I find with casual wear I can push the envelop a bit more.  The look can be a bit more androgynous and not so feminine if I think I will be in a situation where looking too feminine is going to be an issue.

My final advice on this, buy and try many!  Soon you will be in the situation I face at times  which is, “Now which do I want to wear today?!”

Love and hugs,

Rebekka

Christina Roberts
      Participant
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 74

I no longer wear long jeans as in winter prefer leggings or thick tights … this might make some girl jean lovers cringe but i have cut mine back into shorts and wear tights with ballet style pumps…. feel so much more comfortable

Heather Jameson
      Participant
      Registered On: April 1, 2019
      Replies: 350

I love jeans they are my fave especially with a pair of fashion boots. I shop at a store called Reitman’s and they have a great selection, I personally like the skinny jeans as I’ve been told my legs and my bum are my best attributes so always go with your strengths. I also bought a pair of wide legged jeans not to long ago and they’re tight in the bum but flare right out  and cover my feet at the bottom with a sash belt. These are so comfy I could sleep in them.

Penny Jay
      Participant
      Registered On: August 4, 2020
      Topics: 4

My first pair of ladies jeans are supposed to arrive tomorrow,  M&S High waisted straight leg in black. I hope they fit.

PennyJ

Riley McCort
      Participant
      Registered On: September 10, 2020
      Replies: 22

Angels brand from Kohls! Theyre super cute and a little stretchy so they fit awesome. Im a size 8 and Im thin so It makes it easier

Sharon Wiltshire
      Participant
      Registered On: July 27, 2020
      Replies: 51

I first tried (I am in the UK) clothes from Amazon “Ex-High Street” sellers, which sell shop overstock / returns with cut labels so they can’t be returned to the High Street retailer.   I have received H&M Skinny, M&S Super Skinny, and M&S Jeggings this way to try different styles cheaply.  I suspect you may have similar sellers in the US.

Amanda Burton
        Participant

Sharon sweetie I am from the UK, have you tried JD William?. They do plus size Indigo jeans in all styles with shape and sculpt. I regularly shop online with them as they have some really good clothes, lingerie and footwear (E EE & EEE) widths. 

Amanda

Suzette York
      Participant
      Registered On: September 4, 2020
      Topics: 1
      Replies: 83

Bobbi Sue –

i  think based on these responses i will have to try Gloria Vanderbilt jeans but if you are not going for a stealth look – i have worn Colombian style but lift jeans.  i think they look very femme and do make the butt look better too!  You can get a variety on Amazon just watch the sizes in the pictures so you do not get too far off.

hugs,

suzette

patty williams
      Participant
      Registered On: January 19, 2019
      Topics: 62
      Replies: 1146

Hi Bobbi Sue,

I love skinny Jeans and Leggings.

My fav has to be American eagle as they have a variety of rises.

I like their super high rise mostly.

I love them tight but this is just my preference.

I also Like mud ,H&M and Fashion nova.

also Levis but they can be pricy and usually go by waist size.

I find mine mostly at Goodwill,best way to figure out what you like and sizes on the cheap.

I like pairing them with a cute crop top that just covers my tummy.

That and some with heel wedges or heels and I am set.

Love Patty

Paula F
      Participant
      Registered On: August 7, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 650

I live in ladies jeans for day to day casual.  My favorite are the Torrid button fly, and they have them in just about every style, skinny, straight leg, boot cut and flare bottom (bell bottom) for us older girls, lol.

Gloria Vanderbilt are definitely comfy and for some casual/dressy events.  If you go with Lady Wrangler’s, you must try them on first to make sure you like the look.

And yes, hip and butt pads are needed with most ladies jeans.  And, when it’s time, my jeans become next summers cutoff’s for working out in the yard.

PaulaF

Bettylou Cox
      Participant
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 17
      Replies: 1494

My original girl jeans were Lee Riders; then I discovered Gloria Vanderbilt high-waist jeans, and that’s all I will wear.  The straight   leg version is less flattering, but still OK, the extra space built in for hips helps with the illusion.   AND they have functional pockets if you want to wear them in stealth mode.

Leslie
      Participant
      Registered On: September 14, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 73

Who says we can’t?!

Sharon Wiltshire
      Participant
      Registered On: July 27, 2020
      Replies: 51

I don’t wear padding, but do wear ladies black high waisted skinny jeans when out, and jeggings when working from home.  They need to be high rise and stretchy, although I am losing weight I still am way too front heavy, through not as bad as some women around here, but nowhere near as good as my wife looks.

Amanda Burton
      Participant

Hi Bobbie,

I tend to go with Indigo jeans. Shape and sculpt bootcut, and straight leg.

They also do a shape and sculpt for curvy tums and a flatter bum,  girls, in a skinny jean. But the alternate look is achieved with pads in,to really accentuate the hips and bum.

Roberta Broussard
      Participant
      Registered On: July 20, 2020
      Replies: 31

I think thats just something that you’ll have to sample in order to find the style thats right for you. Thank god they make a wide variety. I prefer the high rise skinny. Love the tight fit.

Jo Jett
      Participant
      Registered On: May 8, 2020
      Replies: 105

I have been buying Lee jeans off of Amazon… relaxed fit straight leg… the Monroe high rise style fit well and are my favourite… my wife likes the fit on me… so it’s a win win

Mary Ann Summers
      Participant
      Registered On: April 29, 2020
      Topics: 13
      Replies: 101

I find that hip pads are necessary to make women’s jeans look good. I made a pair out of 2 inch foam. They give you the curve that is a tell tale from a man vs a women in jeans. I also have a couple pair of ladies jeans I wear when is drab, but when I’m looking to go femme, I always add some butt and hips.

Hugs, Mary Ann

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Deborah Sullivan
      Participant
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Replies: 359

Definitely prefer tight and snug with spandex mixed material. I like the higher pockets with designs that show off the butt too. If you are going to wear girls jeans I want them to be girlie. I love the Gloria Vanderbilt jeans as well

Bobbi Sue
      Participant

Thanks for the feedback ladies.  Maybe I’ll try padding them out or the really wide legs.   The ones I tried threw all my proportions off.   Men’s skinny “gay guy” jeans would have been an improvement.

Laura Lovett
      Participant
      Registered On: March 26, 2020
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 412

I have 4 pairs of Levi’s, mostly straight leg, which I wear in stealth mode.

They’re size 10 – and have enough stretch to make some hip padding look really curvy and feminine – but I have a couple of pairs of skinny jeans and jeggings for the femme times.

Last time I wore the jeggings with boots, t shirt and (female) biker jacket I got checked out for the first time I was aware of by a guy.

I have no interest in men, but it was very flattering nonetheless!

Love Laura

Emily
      Participant
      Registered On: April 30, 2016
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 580

I have some of almost every style. Women’s jeans are the only ones I wear anymore. They just seem to fit better. My fav is a pair of American Eagle low rise, boot cut. Love how they fit and feel. They are how I know when I need to lose a couple pounds. They are tight in the thigh but loose below the knee. Also just recently picked up a pair of Old Navy Diva low rise at a thrift store. VERY comfy and fit perfectly in all areas.
      Emily

Bianca Everdene
      Participant
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 16
      Replies: 567

Maybe try a slim fit, it’s somewhere in between straight and skinny. Still fitted above the knee like skinnies, but a bit more relaxed at the bottom. I find they look good and are a lot easier to get slim fits on and off, skinnies are sometimes a struggle to get over my man feet🤣 And women’s slim fits are different in subtle ways to men’s, better fit I find they must have a higher lycra(spandex) content, back pockets are higher up which I like, and they usually have better ‘embellishments’ buttons, pocket designs etc.

❤️B

7 users thanked author for this post.
      Wendy Swift
      Participant
      Registered On: May 11, 2020
      Replies: 261

I only have 3 pairs of jeans, all Gloria Vanderbilt.  I was looking for something high rise, and stretchy, and the Glorias fit the bill.

2 of the Glorias are tapered leg, while the third is a skinny.  I feel all 3 look decent, especially wearing silicon hip/butt pads.  I like all 3, and I’m rather indifferent on the taperd leg vs. the skinny.

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous
      Inactive
      Registered On:
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 5

Actually you can, and look fabulous doing it.

Viewing 33 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.