Viewing 13 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Where to buy Jewelry that actually fits, most bracelets or anklets I find are too small and most websites don’t gives measurements? Buying in person doesn’t work right now.

Also, how to decide on necklaces? Do I need a larger pendant or wider chain?

Rings, no idea how to decide on them.

I would just like to accessorize my outfits, instead of just being plain.

I, too find it hard to find jewelry that actually fits. With a 19″ neck most pretty necklaces don’t come even close to fitting. Like you say, many websites don’t give sizes, but I go in assuming that bracelets are typically only about 7″ around, so aren’t about to fit me since  my wrist is almost 9″ around.

That said, I’ve taken to trying to find things made for men that aren’t as obviously  masculine. That can be difficult.

I’ve also started making some of my own jewelry. I’m not great at it, but at least I know it fits. There are lots of hobby shops with jewelry parts and pieces and it’s apparently a pretty common hobby. I know one person who even make a little side money making earrings and such.

And, fortunately for me, buying in person is possible, so sometimes I can try things on and see.

Good luck.

Anonymous

I always wanted an ankle bracelet!

Kay

Lots of things to buy from the site you posted. Thanks.

Anonymous

Kay , they’re wonderful to wear , I’ve got many & love them

I have found a lot of nice things on Ebay especially matching necklaces and clip on earrings sets. I am always on the lookout at garage/yard sales and estate sales. Sometimes I find things at thrift stores but another great place is a church fundraiser. I just love vintage jewelry and almost always find nice things at really great prices. The best thing about buying cheap is at a later date you can always donate it back to the Salvation Army thrift store or Goodwill if you decide it wasn’t what you wanted…. Stephanie

One retail establishment I have found is Torrid for rings and bracelets, up to a size 11, and some that are split so that you can adjust to fit even larger digits.  I have the problem of fingers that are two different sizes, the first two ‘pointers’ are all 4 a size 10, while the outside 2 on each hand are size 9’s.

For necklaces, try looking at Hobby Lobby or Michael’s in their home made jewelry sections.  They have a lot of styles of necklace extender chains and such, plus parts to repair or replace clasps and connector loops and various other items.  You can also find almost any style of charms/beads and things to add to your necklaces.  I have also found adapters to convert pierced earrings to clip-on at both places as well as on Amazon.  All you need to work on your jewelry is a couple of pair of long/needle nose plyers.

Don’t forget a bench vise and arc welder and air impact system to make sure you get it all put together to stay, LOL.  Look around, jewelry is an easy project to learn to keep your favorites ready to wear for as long as you want them, just like a little sewing will keep your wardrobe in the right condition and not cause a donation or worse, tossing it out.  Heaven forbid.

PaulaF

GREAT question Millicent! I too would like to know!

Hi Gloria,

Cathrines carries larger necklaces and bracelets.  You can find expandable rings too.  As the stores are closing while browsing online ask questions about length and sizing.  I’ve also bought rings from Kay’s Jewelery.  They can measure your ring finger and catching a sale you’ll get a fair price.

Alice

Typically bangles and solid bracelets don’t work for us as our hands are too big, or in my case too inflexible due to arthritis. Wrist cuffs work much better as they don’t go completely around the wrist. They typically have a 1 1/2” to 2” opening and that’s enough to slide over your wrist from the side and then rotate it so the opening faces down. Often there is a bit of flexibility so that you might adjust them slightly for better fit. Clamp style bracelets are another possibility as they are hinged and open up to be placed on your wrist. The are “stretch” bracelets. They have multiple sections that are tied together with small elastic cords. They stretch enough to get over your hand, but shrink to a nice fit on your wrist.

For necklaces, there are extension sections that you can add. They are small chain sections with clasps or rings on the ends. I have them in gold, silver and copper (I have a sizable collection of copper jewelry), but I have also seen them in antiqued finishes and with magnetic clasps. I can almost guarantee that anything that is billed as a choker, or close to that, will not fit  men, so extensions are necessary. Also, the way necklaces are worn, you want them either above the neckline of what you are wearing or below. If they fall in the same space, they will fight each other for attention and won’t look right. That is another reason to add an extension.

Other than going to a jeweler, you can figure out your ring size at home. Do a search for “ring size chart” and number of possibilities will turn up. There are some rings that are not solid. They have an open area that allows a bit of bending to enlarge or close up slightly. They’e are also rings that are made with small elastic cords, much like the stretch bracelets I mentioned above. The stretch links are worn on the palm side.

I have experience with all the things that I’ve mentioned above. Typically I buy extensions and magnetic clasps on Etsy, but I have also seen them on Ebay and also stores that sell jewelry findings…

I forgot a couple of things…

I typically do my jewelry shopping on Etsy and Poshmark. If the vendor doesn’t include the measurements, drop them a message and ask.

Regarding relative sizes between men and women, I typically avoid tiny, dainty looking jewelry. Not that it isn’t pretty, but it comes down to a matter of scale. Tiny jewelry on a larger person just accentuates the size difference. I think of this regarding all of the jewelry that I buy.

So, for necklaces, yes, larger pendant and heavier chain…

Anonymous

I’m fortunate to have a CD/TG friendly shop near me where I’ve purchased most of my jewelry.  If there is no such place near you, try shopping at a CD/TG friendly store online.  En Femme Style (enfemmestyle.com) has jewelry.

Amazon is my friend for bling. And there is a local bead shop that has made me custom ankle bracelets and necklaces. My fav necklace type is a pendant that hangs  just between my breasts and draws the eye to that part of my anatomy. I just love telling the boys, “My eyes are up here!”, and watching the sweat.

Google plus size jewelry… all sorts of on-line options, including extenders for necklaces and bracelets and ankle bracelets…. someone mentioned they would love an ankle bracelet.

I’ve also ordered earring converters from pierced to post and dangling…. be careful … I don’t think there is one converter that does both.

Happy shopping girls.

Viewing 13 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?