- January 16, 2022 at 11:23 am #612543Michelle McQueenParticipantRegistered On: June 14, 2021Topics: 24Replies: 1236Has thanked: 7584 timesBeen thanked: 6132 times
We tend to talk a lot about lingerie and clothes so I was wondering how everyone felt about jewelry, purses, and other accessories that can enhance and complete our look.
I love jewelry and have many necklaces, bangles, bracelets, and earrings to choose from. Its not all the time but I just feel complete with added jewelry and a purse for the occasion.
I don’t have but six purses ranging in size from a clutch to a huge leather bag and of course I want more.
Its not for me but this could include piercings, real or fake, as an accessory also.
Do you like accessories and what do you have?
- January 21, 2022 at 2:31 pm #614044
- January 21, 2022 at 12:48 pm #614023Wendy SwiftLadyRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 775Has thanked: 834 timesBeen thanked: 3494 times
Jewellry is a must for me – from earrings, rings, bracelet, ankle bracelet, and necklaces. I feel it is like the cherry on top.
I do have 2 purses, but I rarely use them as my wife does not want me to go out. That being said, I have picked up my wife from work a small handful of times as Wendy, and I did use the purse to carry my keys and driver’s license.
- January 17, 2022 at 7:08 am #612784AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
For some reason I just don’t feel complete without some type of jewelry as an accessory to whatever I’m wearing at the time. I have large hands, so rings can be a challenge but there are solutions, such as expandable rings. Same story with my wrists. I like fine chain bracelets, for both wrists and ankles; there are ways too small bracelets can be extended. I have a small clutch that can be worn either with a shoulder or wrist strap, and I will be exploring scarves soon. So, absolutely, accessories are part of how I choose to dress.
- January 17, 2022 at 4:23 am #612718Sandy CraigLadyRegistered On: March 18, 2018Topics: 0Replies: 314Has thanked: 329 timesBeen thanked: 801 times
Love purses, jewerly and accessories
As an always out and about person these are essential items that enhance your appearance. Whether you go simple or over the top is ones own choice. Myself, I lean more simple and clean though mixing it up with colors is FUN.
I think I have 4 or 5 purse but one black Coach bag is my 99.9% GoTo even though it’s a little on the small size.
Jewerly and accessories are fantastic. I love braclets, necklaces and earings. I don’t wear rings other then wedding band though am looking at more. Not often thought about is belts and I have a few usually for specific outfits and for jeans I have several too. Not much for hair but a cute pair of sunglasses in your hair is a great look.
- January 16, 2022 at 1:52 pm #612573AnonymousTopics: 0Replies: 0Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 0 times
- January 16, 2022 at 1:28 pm #612569Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 49Replies: 1378Has thanked: 382 timesBeen thanked: 5051 times
- January 16, 2022 at 12:54 pm #612561Angela BoothLadyRegistered On: August 1, 2020Topics: 9Replies: 1007Has thanked: 3745 timesBeen thanked: 4686 times
To me it is a part of the overall appearance and femininity. I have loads of jewelry but seem to wear my favourites. I have a good selection of bags to suit the occasion and I receive scarfs and jewelry for gifts which is a lovely thing.
- January 16, 2022 at 12:50 pm #612557Diane RakersLadyRegistered On: August 18, 2019Topics: 4Replies: 955Has thanked: 1670 timesBeen thanked: 3374 times
- January 16, 2022 at 12:49 pm #612556Michelle DohertyDuchessRegistered On: January 1, 2022Topics: 15Replies: 277Has thanked: 99 timesBeen thanked: 1113 times
Since starting my new style (35-50 look), I have realised just how important accessories are and how they can really make an outfit.
I only have 2 necklaces and 2 scarves so far, but I intend to get much much more, starting with a bracelet. Can you just put a bracelet on your ankle and call it an ankle bracelet or is that a different bracelet altogether?
I can get a clutch bag and purse from a Charity shop and a larger bag when needed.
- January 16, 2022 at 1:31 pm #612570Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 49Replies: 1378Has thanked: 382 timesBeen thanked: 5051 times
You could but you have to have a REALLY small ankle. Most women’s bracelets will not fit a man’s wrist but there are larger sizes out there. Same is true for rings.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- January 16, 2022 at 12:09 pm #612551Beth GreenLadyRegistered On: February 24, 2021Topics: 30Replies: 588Has thanked: 7464 timesBeen thanked: 3214 times
When I first came out I went crazy with jewelry. Rings for every finger, bracelets, anklets, necklaces and earrings (originally clip on, now pierced). As I became more experienced and found my style I cut way back. Now I only wear two rings, one the symbol of my Two Spirit, and one the symbol of my connection to the water spirit. My ears are pierced with everyday flower earings. I wear a watch/bracelet and a simple necklace. All of the other jewelry is set aside to be used for special dress up occasions.
- January 16, 2022 at 11:59 am #612550MartiDuchessRegistered On: February 5, 2019Topics: 62Replies: 959Has thanked: 4909 timesBeen thanked: 4542 times
I’ve always been one for silver jewelry in either mode. All quite plain and delicate which I rarely take off. I need to be a little more adventurous and find some more blingy stuff.
Purses are my next challenge. I’ve finally bought some jeans with pretend front pockets and marvel at the simple change that has generated in me when I’m out and about. My nails stand a better chance of not breaking for a start (!) and my default ‘stuff it in your front pocket’ male personna attitude to keys and wallets and tissues is necessarily crumbling when I wear them to go out.
Now I have a small and thin purse with just 1 key, 1 plastic card and a few notes which slip easily into a back pocket. Now I’m looking for an over the shoulder handbag to put the purse in. I dread to think the junk a handbag will collect though!
- January 16, 2022 at 11:40 am #612545Roberta BroussardBaronessRegistered On: July 20, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 239Has thanked: 3556 timesBeen thanked: 1129 times
I too prefer to wear Jewlery, I’m not much on rings but i do like wear Earings, Bracelets and Necklaces. Choosing a purse takes a bit more thought in order to select a suitable color & style that is versatile enough. Otherwise, I would have to have one for every pair of shoes. I recently bought a couple of scarves, that I can.t wait to try out.
- January 16, 2022 at 3:48 pm #612615
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.