Viewing 2 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

So I just read Jennifer Finney Boylan’s “She’s Not There” and wow, I am so glad that I did.  I know I am gonna sound cliche but it did make me laugh, cry, and sometimes both at the same time.  Next up is “Yes, You Are Trans Enough” by Mia Violet.

Aoife
      Lady

I was actually looking at this today – actually ‘I’m Looking Through You’ a bit more. I, for the first time looked at the trans section of the large used bookstore near me hoping to find something that could help. That title jumped out and I really wasn’t sure if I should get it. I am pretty anxious about where I could read and hide a book on the subject to keep my wife’s anxiety at bay, so it would have to be pretty good.

Though I saw some music references jump out my research saw Boylan’s connections to Caitlin Jenner, academia, and a very elite world and I decided against it. Inside, I feel like that was just an excuse to not buy it, but I know I’ll keep thinking about it. I am really thirsty for helpful sources, but I have so little privacy I don’t know how to do it without raising too many alarms.

Michelle Liefde
        Ambassador

I hope you can.  I have been finding it very helpful. Mia Violet’s book especially hits home for me. It is putting things in my past into perspective and giving me the opportunity to realize things that I would never give myself the chance to think on.

Aoife
          Lady

this sounds great. it sucks i would have to hide a book with a title like that from my wife though. i’ll find a way. it’s heartbreaking just thinking about it. i looked at her blog and a lot of it is very harsh and makes me think of my own strong distaste for the language of it all, but i guess that’s a sign that i need help. i’m just so sick of such extreme conflicting emotions.

MelanieElizabeth
      Ambassador

Hi Michelle. I’m in the middle of cross dressing the new normal by Susannah Haulk. I’m really enjoying it , so many parallels between my self and her story. Can’t recommend it enough

Viewing 2 reply threads
  • The forum ‘All the Arts – Music, Movies, TV and More’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?