- October 15, 2020 at 9:04 am #394996EmilyParticipantRegistered On: April 30, 2016Topics: 13Replies: 424Has thanked: 2172 timesBeen thanked: 1069 times
We are having company for dinner tonight. Long time friends who know nothing about Emily, nor would they be supportive based on previous conversations. I’m making homemade baked Mac and cheese. Wouldn’t they be surprised to learn that Emily was the one who actually prepared the meal?
- October 17, 2020 at 7:17 am #395669rebekka mooreParticipantRegistered On: January 7, 2017Topics: 74Replies: 808Has thanked: 369 timesBeen thanked: 1396 times
I don’t mean to throw cold water on the situation, but I would proceed with caution. If you have had previous conversations with them where they voiced displeasure at people who are anything but heterosexual, then I would say, “don’t say or do anything”.
I don’t know, they may accept things and move on, or they may be offended and do otherwise.
I don’t want to generalize here, but I think at times we want to be so accepted for who we are, we may make the wrong decisions about who we come out to.
Truth of the matter is, if someone is accepting of most anything, they will be about this. If they are not and outwardly voice their dislike of things, they will not be okay with this. (The idea of crossdressing, et al). People don’t change, especially “adults”.
Be careful, and best to you!
Love and Hugs,
- October 15, 2020 at 5:14 pm #395144Rachel CrossParticipantRegistered On: October 13, 2020Topics: 4Replies: 32Has thanked: 33 timesBeen thanked: 131 times
they would probably say nothing. some of them are probably wear womans underwear and painted toes too. they are like you. just dont want anyone to know. something to thik about. who wore a dress or skirt first? a man or a woman? my answer would be a man. why. because he did alot of hunting and running through the woods. a skirt probably protected his privates from being slapped by branches while chasing his food. another question to think about. who said blue is for boys and pink is for girls? i love pink and im not a girl.
- October 15, 2020 at 1:33 pm #395087Amanda BurtonParticipantRegistered On: January 15, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 224Has thanked: 2494 timesBeen thanked: 802 times
- October 15, 2020 at 12:55 pm #395073Michelle NylonsParticipantRegistered On: October 14, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 6Has thanked: 0 timesBeen thanked: 22 times
I have had similar thoughts when I would be listening to my homophobic co-workers talking about TG people. I thought to myself what would they say if they knew about the panties and pantyhose I was wearing under my work clothes or my toes that were painted a bright shade of red.
- October 15, 2020 at 9:32 am #395003Natasha KroberParticipantRegistered On: October 12, 2020Topics: 0Replies: 15Has thanked: 72 timesBeen thanked: 48 times
- October 15, 2020 at 9:30 am #395002Grace ScarlettParticipantRegistered On: July 26, 2020Topics: 12Replies: 297Has thanked: 1727 timesBeen thanked: 1399 times
Hi Emily……why not wait until they have taken big mouthfuls of your delicious Mac cheese……..then tell them about Emily…
Now that’s what I call ” breaking the ice”…………
are you up to date with the ” Heimlich maneuver”…..
Love, grace xx
- October 15, 2020 at 9:25 am #394999Dee BouhaireParticipantRegistered On: October 10, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 16Has thanked: 26 timesBeen thanked: 57 times
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.