Viewing 43 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Gail
      Lady

As some might recall I’m sort of old School 50’s/60’s Girly,  Love cute skirts, Dresses & Pastel Foundations, LOTS and LOTS of ruffles and lace.

I have Always felt that Pretty Lacy Slips were part  helping me achieve that Total Feminine Feeling.

Leslie
      Lady

Absolutely wear a full or half slip for dresses and skirts. The feel of the silky material on my skin makes me feel so feminine.  When I put on makeup to transform to a feminine look, I try to wear a slip with my bra, panties, and nylons. It is so exciting.

Peggy Sue Williams
      Duchess - Annual

Depending on the outfit, I will wear a slip or a petticoat, when appropriate.

I own several 50s style A-line dresses.  I always wear a petticoat under these. It was the style back then and is very effeminate.  Moreover, I get compliments from both men and women.  The sound made by the material, when sitting down or walking is heavenly, very effeminate.

Peggy Sue

Full and half slips are just the best for wearing under your best dresses.  I wear both a lot, and they always have lots of lace that can peek out of strategic places to make me feel more attractive than usual.  And the feeling of a slip rubbing across a pair of stockings is so energizing.

PaulaF

I have a few full slips and a few half slips.  I also have some tutu length petticoats and some square dance knee length petticoats.  I also have some bridal petticoats and one mermaid petticoat.

But it is only occasionally that I will wear these.  Most of the time I don’t wear them, just as women don’t usually wear them these days.  But I enjoy it when I do.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I first began dressing in my teens, I had several slips. I loved them. They were so soft, silky and sexy. Just wearing them with pantyhose and heels was such a pleasant and wonderful experience. I loved to wear them around the house and to bed.

When I began going out dresses, I always wore very short dresses. There seemed to be no place for the slip, so most of the time I didn’t wear them with my dresses.

After being away from dressing for a long time, several years ago I go back into it. The pantyhose, heels and short dresses came back, but not the slips. I don’t have any of them at the present time. It would be fun to get a few and wear them again. Although my dresses are still fairly short, I’m a bit more modest now. I often wear mid thigh length when I go out. I have a few dresses that are somewhat diaphanous. I always wear panties under them. They would be good for wearing with slips too.

I wear a full slip when I wear my black knee length dress because it becomes see through if I have the light behind me.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Gail, I have full and half slips in the four primary colors (white, black, nude, pink). While I answered yes to the question, I don’t wear slips all the time. We need a “sometimes” category to this question. I often wear the full slips when I go to sleep; super comfy. Take care,
      Hugs, Krista

IsabelB
      Lady

I can’t really answer this one because, as with most things in life, the answer is not a simple  ‘yes or no’.  I wear a slip, full or half, sometimes, depending on what I’m wearing or what the temperature is (or both).  I like to wear one when the time is right, but not always.  I guess I could answer ‘yes’, but it is a qualified yes; the correct answer would be ‘sometimes’.

Isabel x

I love slips and half slips.  They feel so silky and feminine, even under my drab clothing.  Underdressing in panties is a daily thing for me, and, when I add a half-slip or petti pants, well, the feeling is wonderful.  I sometimes wear panties and a half-slip under my boxer shorts when I go to bed.  It enhances the silky feeling, all night long.

Anonymous

I didn’t answer yes or no because I wear a full slip under some of my clothes and not under others, some of my dresses have slips sewn in so i don’t have to wear one with them, i think they are so feminine and a big part of being a feminine girl x

Anonymous

I wear half slips all the time, 16″ or 18″. I wear a slip to bed at night and all day long. I’d like to wear a full slip but I cant find them in my size and short. They are always to long and below the knee and I prefer my slips above the knee.

Anonymous

Never feel dressed without.  After reading your post, went on a rummage in that box where they’re kept and re-found, particularly some Charnos mid length.  There was this white one, scalloped, lace inserted edges.  Wearing.  I so love the weight and feel of a quality slip.  Nicola.

I have two full slips and two half slips, each in white and black. I would prefer to wear my full slips when I dress. I feel so feminine completely draped in silky nylon. However, all of my dresses are v neckline wrap dresses and the lace on the decolletage shows too much. So I wear my half slips instead, of course I love them just as much.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I don’t even own a slip, but I have several camisoles, and like to wear one under my other clothes often.

Amy

I don’t own any slips or camisoles but I really would love to expand my wardrobe to include these.   I don’t want poor quality ones…can anyone recommend a box store or online store that carries good to high quality slips and camisoles?

JackieBoy
        Baroness

Burlington Coat Factory has great prices on lingerie

I only wear a slip when the dress or skirt is thin(a girl has to maintain her modesty). I usually wear a spaghetti strap camisole top if it’s a see thru blouse.

Gail
      Lady

Cami’s are cute when they are Lacy and in cute colors. I remember going into a Target store, buying such a pretty half slip in a pretty red with a lot of lace trim up from the hem. Right above my chosen Fem. half slip was a very pretty matching Cami., same color with just as much lace or even more.

Had to have them so I bought both in Drab.

Ellie Hope
      Baroness

This time of year I often wear a slip to bed. I love the feel of it! I haven’t tried it underneath a dress yet but that sounds very nice. I think Ellie better go try that right now…

Love and Hugs,   Ellie

I have enjoyed wearing slips since I was 9.  I asked my grandmother if I could try on one of her slips, so she gave me a full white one to wear.  I have been a fan of slips, both half and full ever since.  I prefer a full slip to wear under my dresses or skirts.  Sometimes even to bed.  I really love them.

Anonymous

I have and wear half slips in Black, White and Nude and I wear them every day under my skirts and dresses. I have a few full slips but they are too small for me and also too long since my skirts and are above the knee and my full slips are at the knee. Kathleen

Leslie
      Lady

Kohl’s is a great place to look for Vanity Fair slips which I would recommend

Wearing A nice dress or skirt without A beautiful lacy slip would be like A ice cream banana split without the toppings and the whipped cream and  cherry .

I l have a fabulous pink slip I often slip into. I I feel so sexy in it! Robyn V

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

When alone, I like to wear a black lacy slip and panties while doing  home office work.  I feel so sexy and sometimes a little slutty paying bills, filing, working a budget………………….feeling the girl inside me reduces the stress and drudgery.

Leonara
      Ambassador

I have a “tummy tucking” half slip for sweater dresses very flattering and very feminine..
      Leonara

Anonymous

Full slip with a dress; waist slip & camisole with a skirt is what my mother advised! Also like silky full slips as a nightie. Unfortunately they seem to be going out of fashion. Are you girls finding it harder to buy a nylon one with lots of lace on the bodice and hem?

Rami Love
      Lady

I do not own a slip but do have several compression camisoles which I wear all the time. I am looking at a Vanity fair 22″ Rosette Lace Full Slip on sale for $13.25

<p style=”text-align: right;”>Yes  I have two  one long one  half. How can you wear a dress with out one</p>

Anonymous

Slips for me are a must under any dress or skirt. For me a slip, or any lingerie, adds to myself feeling more feminine. Stores such as Dillard’s carry a good selection and the associates are very accepting.

Hi Gail,

I love wearing a slip when wearing a skirt or dress.  It is such a feminine piece of lingerie.  And the lace is so very feminine.

Alice

Gail, I love wearing slips and have a small collection of vintage Van Raalte and Vanity Fair slips, all lacy and silky. I’m old school when it comes to my underthings and wear garter belts with stockings, panties, bra with breast forms and high heels! Love wearing my outfits and it feels so good on my body!

[postquote quote=296313][/postquote]
      You go girl go big or go home xoxo

[postquote quote=296453][/postquote]

Thanks Donna Lacross! My cover image in my profile is a photo of all of my slips hanging in my bedroom! Most of my slips are full slips with plenty of lace!

As of this evening, I inherited a few more vintage slips.  My mom passed away 3 years ago, and my brother a few months ago.  They lived in the same apartment for over 50 years.  Going through the apartment with my siblings, I came across a drawer that had some slips, pantyhose, and girdles.  There is another drawer full of pantyhose as well.

When my siblings were out of the room, I reached in and pulled out what I could and stuffed it into a box.  When I came home I found I had 3 full slips (1 pink, 1 white, 1 black) and 6 half slips (3 pink, 1 white, 1 white cotton, and 1 net like a single layer petticoat).  I also got 6 girdles, one still in a box and one with a tag still pinned in from a department store chain that closed in 1992.

I don’t feel bad taking this because I know that my sister wouldn’t be interested in these, and my brother certainly wouldn’t.  My siblings don’t know cross dress so I had to sneak them out. I’m sure that underwear left behind for someone to clean up is going to end up in the trash and not donated, so my taking it is doing no one any harm.

I also took a few of my mom’s wigs.  With her hair color similar to mine, the color and style of the wigs would go well with me.  The funny thing is, the wigs all have shorter hair than my own real hair.

(Sorry for going a bit off topic from the slips, but it all came together from the same reason.)

Amy Myers
      Baroness

Alison, sorry about the loss of your Mom and brother, but I think it is really cool that you have some of your Mom’s things.

Amy

Thanks, Amy.  Unfortunately, the full slips are all too tight; I can’t even get them over my shoulders.  My mom wasn’t that petite in later years, so I’m guessing they are pretty old.

But the half slips have enough elastic to fit.  And the net slip is a tie-on.  So the haul was not a total loss.

I got most of my slips on eBay. I got to know a lady in Florida who goes to estate sales and buys up vintage clothing, especially slips and I asked her to let me know whenever she had slips in my size. I’m a 40 for a full slip size and although they’re not as common as the smaller sizes, she did find me several Van Raalte slips and also Vanity Fair slips in size 40 and they’re so pretty and they fit me beautifully! BTW, the size 40 slips go fast as there’s lots of CDers looking for them!

Gail
      Lady

How wonderful—

I have to tell you about A  thrilling experience I had.

No one else may think this exciting or thrilling, but, at the time it was a total Rush for me.

Wow the more I think of of it, it’s not really that exciting.

I went in Drab to a Target Store, knowing I intended to buy something cute, Feminine and very Girly.

Went to the Lingerie section and saw what I wanted at once!

I bought a very Pretty Lace trimmed Red half slip and the Cutest matching Cami.

I fell so Feminine wearing these lovely Girly things.

Anonymous

Heaven! Nothing like a lacy slip. Gilly

Brandi
      Lady

Voted yes.

Wore a slip early and often through my youth and just love the feel.

Not big on half slips, full slips are the order of the outfit.  Feel for Brandi it is an essential part of the wardrobe – just as bras, panties, stockings, would feel incomplete femine wise without wearing a slip.  In purchasing the outfits attempt to make sure the slip is needed!!

Hugs,

Brandi XOXO

I don’t wear one since my dresses and skirts are sufficiently opaque that I don’t need one. Still, I do love the look and feel of a pretty slip. I do also like slip dresses.

Yes, I like slips and like to wear one during the hot summer nights outside on my deck while having a drink. For the more formal look, will have one under a dress.
      XOXO
      Karensa

Wendie Cross
      Duchess

Wearing a slip is very girly to me. It feels nice and has practical applications. A bright sunny day would be evidence of that.

Viewing 43 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?