Viewing 45 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

I know this has nothing to do with crossdressing or femininity, but I was wondering how many of you ladies like to cook?  I love to cook and find it very relaxing.  During the last years of our marriage, I did all the cooking.  My wife was picky and didn’t like spicy stuff or seafood. She did like pasta and we had a lot of that.  Right now I have a large pot of split pea soup flavored by a ham bone simmering on the stove.  Unfortunately, I also love eating as much as cooking, so I have a belly that a corset can’t really hide. I’m sitting here watching Beat Bobby Flay on TV.  It’s amazing how often he wins on his show. Are any of you gourmet cooks?

Love to cook

I said no, but I have a few specialties that I do whip up at times.
      So I kind of wished you has “sometimes” as a choice. But I don’t normally cook meals.

Carolyn Kay
      Baroness - Annual

I love cooking, especially when I am dressed for it. It doesn’t have to be anything fancy, just doing it while femme feels so natural.

Gwyneth
      Lady

When I was married to wife1, I noticed that I was getting home from work a couple of hours before her. When I was waiting for her to get home and cook (hey I was 20!), it was hot dogs or frozen pizzas. So I started cooking. I found out I was better than her! And she never acted like she minded. I wouldn’t say I love cooking, but I love eating, so…..

Now that I’m retired, it’s been put upon me to cook all the time. Like I’ve said for years, one day I’m going to make someone a good wife!

Gwyn

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Yes always cooking and enjoy it. I like fresh foods to be healthy but do like cooking cakes to have a ‘balanced’ diet. I have friends who are vegan and had a challenge to cook them dinner. Never had to do that before and it went really well as there are a lot of vegan ingredients available which I combined with things I use on a daily basis. I would become vegan but like my meat and fish too much.

I do 99% of the cooking in our house and enjoy it a lot. My mother taught me a lot as I always helped her in the kitchen from a young age. I’m sure most here would agree that it’s way more enjoyable when fully dressed and preparing a meal.

I love to both cook and bake . I learned at a very young age around 10 . And I’ve got my own recipes . So far there’s about 150 main course dishes and 50 different pies , cakes and pastries .

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

Yes I do enjoy cooking which works out well as my wife doesn’t enjoy cooking all that much. So she is happy anytime I want to take over in the kitchen.

Gwyneth
      Lady

I must say, while I love all the cooking, as well as eating a good meal; I hate the clean up. Am I the only one who has a sink full of dishes for days?

Gwyn

Harriette
        Lady

No, that’s why we have a dishwasher, otherwise the sink would be full of dirty dishes.

I can truly say that I am a gourmet cook. My mother taught me how to cook, starting when I was only 10 years old. Later on I had chef training and owned my own restaurant. I now cook all my meals from fresh ingredients, very few canned items and try to avoid red meats, having fish and poultry instead.
      And ladies, I’m a trans woman and always wear a pretty apron when in the kitchen.

hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

Kerri I love to cook, not that I’d call myself a gourmet cook, because to do it for a living is way to much work, but I do put on some gourmet dinners when I can. My last big dinner party was New Years Eve, a 5 course dinner for 14, loved it and so did they. I agree with Gwyn about the clean up, so I try to keep up with it while I’m cooking but I’ve been known to have a cleanup the next morning for sure.

Sherri

Hi Kerri, I prepare most of my own meals and am considered a good cook.  I look at my cooking as applied science and any creation as an experiment (hopefully with good results).   I usually only cook things that I like to eat but am capable of many dishes.   Bon Appetite!   Marg

Hi Kerri, Ladies,

Yes! I do about about 95% of the cooking in the family. It helps that I used to be a line cook in an upscale Italian restaurant before my professional career. I have some great menu items memorized and can make everything from scratch including the pasta. Besides that I’m excellent in Polish, Russian, and Armenian cuisine. This also reflects my actual background. Grilling and smoking meat also became my specialty especially during COVID. I have yet to cooked dressed, well I have underdressed. Besides dressing, this another hobby that I just get fogged into. Thanks for great topic!

XOXO
      Karensa

Syndee
      Lady

While the wife and I do split the cooking duties in the house. I myself am an amateur baker and cake decorator. So we both cook but I am the Betty Crocker of the house. I am hoping to open a bakery/cake shop in the next 5-10 years.

My mother taught me so I had a hobby… better nutritional value than collecting stamps. So that means I’ve been cooking and baking for sixty years though the last thirty have been more or less gourmet including restaurant work in a one star place in France.

Bon appétit Polly

Jessica FLA
        Baroness - Annual

Polly,
        While true, not quite the same return on investment. Some of those airmails have gone out of site!

My mom taught me to cook as a teenager. She said you never know when you’ll need to cook. Now that I’m divorced I do most of my own cooking.

I’m a decent cook, but I don’t consider myself a gourmet cook. I generally have simple tastes. But time is my biggest enemy. Between preparing, cooking, and cleaning up it just takes time that I don’t have, so I tend to go for simpler dishes that just don’t take that much time. I’ve been told to prepare ahead of time, but this still takes time, and many foods lose a lot when they are reheated.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Same.  I’m a pretty decent cook, but just don’t have the time.  My Instant Pot is the only thing keeping me from eating take out every weeknight.  Instant Pot is a real time saver.

/EA

Anonymous
      Lady

Yes I love to cook but have been doing so for only the past ten years. Yummly is a favorite recipe site. During my work career the wife always cooked or we ate out. She never really got into fancy cooking and just kept us fed. Since I began cooking shes stopped completely and says she loves everything I cook. I think she says that just to keep me doing it and if I cooked real dirt mud pies she would probably say they were delicious. I love to cook up one of our favorite soups or stews and freeze individual portions for later. When cooking I’m dressed and usually wear one of my pretty aprons.

Gwyneth
        Lady

Most of the time when  I cook something, my wife says, “You do that so much better than me!” I know it’s just to keep me cooking. She’s already told me what to prepare today.

Anonymous
          Lady

Hi Gwyneth.

Yep we know their game. I think many wives would gladly give up grocery shopping and cooking if their husbands took over. My wife tells everyone I’m a great cook but really I’m probably just average. She wants me to learn to bake cakes, pies, and pastries, but I refuse because I know what the results will be and I’m plus size already… lol. I do all the grocery shopping, housework, and cooking, so she’s spoiled enough!

Gwyneth
            Lady

Yeah I’ve been doing the grocery shopping these days, even before I retired. Another thing I do better than her! Now house cleaning I never do to suit her.

Jessica FLA
            Baroness - Annual

I have to laugh at this. My wife won’t let me go to the grocery store by myself. I always end up buying things not on the list. (I have a T-shirt that reads … In my defense, I was left unattended). I wear that to Home Depot, and Joann’s too!

Jessica

I have always loved to cook, I cooked everything for both my daughters graduation party’s. I cooked a lot of the food for my youngest ones bridal shower. Now that I’m older I don’t cook as much as I use to, but when I do now it’s so much more fun being dressed. I don’t even get my  coffee started in the morning unless dressed. LOL  Christmas is fun with all my baking that I do…

Anonymous
      Lady

I love to cook. My mom taught me a lot of her recipes when I was a teenager, and we still share recipes. I didn’t when I was married as my then-wife didn’t like my food, but I cook for my self and for other family members and friends all the time since my divorce. I think I’m a pretty decent cook and have had positive comments from others. I’d like to become a gourmet chef, and working towards that right now.

Love to cook!!  Nothing like getting comfy in some fem attire and hitting the kitchen, especially on the cold winter days.  Stephanie comes out and bakes all the family bread, lately baking some sourdough crackers that were surprisingly good some cakes (to use up garden veggies)  Lots of soups, stir fry, pasta etc, homemade beans for variety of mexican dishes and much more.  Really helps my creative fem side come to the surface and my wife loves it too

Gourmet is a bit strong, but I love cooking, food anthropology,  wine and food culture, and above all I love feeding my people. I do 95% of the cooking at home, and the kitchen is my happy place. I will go out of my way to explore new markets that cater to the many exotic immigrant communities that call Western Washington home. Food is a big part of my love of travel, too, and I even took a two-day class on thai cooking in Chaing Mai when I traveled in Thailand back in 1999.

Cooking saved my sanity during the pandemic, as we had a regular weekly dinner party with our social “pod” that provided a much needed social outlet, as well as an opportunity to cook for friends and family. Just putting the apron on lowers my blood pressure!

xo, Nikki

I was a classically trained chef, so yeah, I cook.

Anonymous
      Lady

Definitely not gourmet but I stay alive and healthy mostly with my microwave and toaster.

ditto, I cook for sustenace only.living alone, can’t afford takeout.

I’m the care giver for my wife so I have been doing all the cooking for 13 years now and I really enjoy it.  For me it is a way I can express my love for my friends and family by giving them a pleasurable experience and it allows me to express the creative part of myself.  I make most things from scratch including stocks, dressings, sauces, and pasta and focus on fresh high quality ingredients so I guess I qualify in the gourmet definition.

I don’t get the chance to cook fully en femme but I often wear my 3 inch wedges and a cute feminine apron when cooking and I love cooking that way.

Amy Myers
      Baroness

I do cook, but mostly I love to bake, from basics like bread but I love to make decadent deserts too.

Amy

Hi Kerri,

Not a gourmet cook, oh no, but i am getting better at it, little by little. Practice, practice, practice. Pan-Seared Tuna Steak is my most recent adventure. A little over-done but that’s just a reason to try again.

Thanks for asking.
      -joanne

Jessica FLA
        Baroness - Annual

Joanne,
        On thing you might want to try, is rather than cooking the fish completely in the pan, cook in a sous vide, then when just about ready to eat, take it out of the bag, dry it, and reverse sear at high heat in either a cast iron skillet, a griddle, or under the broiler for just long enough to brown the outside.
        This way it doesn’t overcook. You sous vide to a couple of degrees below where you want to end, then the reverse sear will bring it up to where you want. I cooked swordfish this way last week. I cooked to 135 internal, then after reverse sear, was a perfect 140 degrees. The other advantage to sous vide cooking is you cook with the spices or sauce that you want to use and it is infused with the flavor, especially if you cook under vacuum. It’s also perfect because often times fillets aren’t an even thickness all the way across. Since it’s the temp you are looking at it cooks perfectly to that temp without overcooking any part.

Jessica

For me cooking is more than just the process of preparing a meal; it’s a form of self-expression. Every dish I create is a canvas, and the ingredients are my palette. Just like an artist carefully chooses colors, I meticulously select ingredients that complement each other, creating a symphony of tastes and textures that dance on the palate. The act of cooking itself is a meditation, a time when I can lose myself in the rhythms of chopping, stirring, and seasoning.

Anonymous

I am certainly no gourmet but I do enjoy cooking. My mother was a wonderful cook and I learned some from her. I recently bought a bread maker and enjoy the smell of bread baking.

AnnaBeth Black
      Duchess - Annual

I have always enjoyed cooking but I have found that cooking in a skirt is even more enjoyable.

Jessica FLA
      Baroness - Annual

Great Question. Since retiring, I tend to cook a lot more. I have a 36 inch griddle, 2 pellet Grills, Sous Vide, and Air Fryer, Also of course microwave, stove top and convection ovens. Living in Florida, you want to avoid heat inside the house as much as posssible, so most of my cooking is done outside. My wife and I usually combine efforts, so she cooks the sides – veggies if they won’t be combined, Quinoa, or anything prepared in the air fryer, while I prepare the protein outside. We had a nice prime New York Strip this past Sunday night. I purchased some baby portobello mushrooms and cooked them at 350 with 4 tablespoons of salted butter and about 5 chopped garlic cloves in the pellet grill for about 30 minutes, then set the other pellet grill to 750 and seared the steaks – turning every 2 mins until they were 125 internal. Inside, she made califlower florets with a bit of alfredo sauce. OMG, talk about a meal. I don’t think Ruth’s Chris or Capital Grill could do better.

I enjoy cooking and its part of my creative side. Truthfully, I tend to cook more in the cooler weather since I am indoors more.

I love eating! But I hate cooking! But I must eat, therefore I cook. I’ve been divorced since 1996, so
      I’ve been cooking my own meals ever since. It’s really cheaper than buying!

I’m far from being a “gourmet cook”, but since I’m from New Orleans, I cook Creole/Cajun, mostly self-taught, but was given a few recipes by my mother decades ago, which I still use.

I rarely cook en femme, but I have done so on a few occasions. Cooking while fully dressed is a uniquely
      enjoyable experience — I highly recommend it!

Yes, I love to cook. But I wouldn’t say I’m a gourmet cook. I actually contribute a recipe every month to our local CD organizations newsletter.

I enjoy cooking. Picked it up as kind of a way to try and eat healthier type thing and it does okay. As well just in general cooking is probably a good thing for anyone to know. I still only have a few recipes in my head

Natalie Dane
      Duchess

Hi Kerri,

I love cooking, and have been doing it since I was a kid. One of my favorite things to do growing up was watching cooking shows. My parents weren’t excellent cooks, so watching food get cooked by professionals really taught me a lot!

For the first 10 years of marriage I did 90% of the cooking, but now my wife will take initiative and cook a few things.

I’m to try my hand at cooking Pasta Al a Norma for dinner tonight. It’s a simple recipe, but looks so good!

Life is too short to eat bad food!

-Natalie.

I do a lot of cooking and baking.  I learned to cook when in the Scouts and from my Mom.  I have a book of her recipes which I use at times and also have a book of recipes I’ve collected over the years from magazines and pintrest.  I love cooking in my cast iron and have quite a collection.  I also enjoy using my crock pot. Nothing better than a stew or pot roast that has simmered in it all day, also corned beef and cabbage on St Patrick’s Day. I also bake bread and pies which I find relaxing.  I just recently started making my own pasta and making ravioli.  It is so much better when it’s fresh.  I haven’t cooked en femme yet but would like to at some point, a cute femme apron would be nice as well.

XOXO
      Suzanne

From a young age I paid close attention to my mother,grandmother and aunts with so many skills back then were generally accepted as gender specific like needle point,sewing and mending clothing,cooking (it later became a career), seamstress skills,pattern tracing & cutting,stitching for model sizing,alterations..other homemaker duties such as laundry,washing,vaccuming,ironing,folding,stowing away.grocery listing,stock rotation of larder,fridge,freezer.stock taking..reporting of shrinkage,weekly udgeting of meals,creativity with meals made in advance and frozen keeping portion control..in fact I picked up etiquette,table set up per event..etc

Too many skills,knowledge I later applied to Tafe-cookery from which I received ROPL-credits for.finishing my apprentiship in 2.5years instead of 4years. So I guess for me all that junior years spent with female elders paid off.

I like to cook and is a little better than average doing it,

Never tied to cook en femme but have to try it soon.

My favourite dish is food

I LOVE cooking, but I don’t like being the only one that does it. My wife and I share the duties. I usually go for a more adventurous “trying a new thing.” That makes it hit or miss, but always edible. She is the steady cook, that knows what she is doing with the dishes she puts together. She will also try a few new things though.

I am honored to have shared the myriad of italian cuisine,recipes,tips and cooking secrets passed down from my Nonna (Italian for Grandmother).From a young age I recall my nonna being adept and most comfortable in any Kitchen, making foods such as polenta,Risotto,suppli,Minnestroni,carpachio,Calzone, and Date & almond creme Biscuits,My Nonna wasnt just adept at cooking Italian foods,Since she was a young girl traveling across most of europe,having been born in Alexandria to a railways engineer (her father a loyal british subject) and a mother also european heritage (forgive me the years have mired the memory that far back) However due to plenty of travelling through Egypt,Persia,Switzerland to Great britain before embarking a big ship bound for station pier (melbourne) back around the mid 1940’s..She was quite literally a sponge for european destinations diverse cuisines,and stoicly wrote all her recipes down in a treasure trove of Infinite culinary wisdom. During my youth I watched and assisted her with cooking family meals,until I reached an age,she believed i was ready to learn the finer detail of her immense knowledge,which I too,Similarly to her became enamoured with and soaked up every opportunity to learn and cook with the greatest Expert Home cook (I admired greatly).We both shared a passion for cooking, and she had a gentle,hospitable nature and ease for teaching me (everything I know today).Around the time I left school and headed for Tafe-study commercial cookery, I was fortunate to have been credited with RPL’s shaving 1.5years from the time nessesary to complete Chef certification/commercial cookery diploma.Sad it was that my nonna could not celebrate with me my triumph of completing my degree as she passed 2weeks before my exams.
      However on the days prior to her passing she said to me “Mio caro piccolo, so che passerai tutto ciò che ti sei prefissato, dato che sei stato un pronipote, imparando tutto quello che ho da insegnarti, per favore accetta come regalo, il mio caro ricettario e col tempo trasmetti la tua conoscenza come L’ho fatto con te” (My dear little one,I know you will pass all you set your mind to,as you have been a great grandson,learning all i have to teach, Please accept as a gift ,my cherished recipe booklet and in time pass your knowledge down as I did with you” ) its a statement & act of total generosity I’ll cherish always.(brings tears to my eyes-happy ones to remember our many happy laughing moments in the kitchen years ago) I miss my nonna,so very much. She’s in my heart,and she smiles down upon me every time I recreate her distinct european cuisine and revered recipes for my current family,and extended relatives..whom often say “Nonna would be proud-your recreation (insert dish) is perfecto”
      Thankfully my other grandmother was pure Aussie 4th generation,and I learned how to be an avid home maker,mending clothing,sewing,pattern cutting,dressmaking,washing,steam pressing,household organisation,grocery ordering,buying,meal planning (lessons minimising wastage/maximising weekly budget,making every dollar go the distance) also many other memories i too cherish..Sadly I didnt much learn from my own mother,as she wasn’t that way inclined.However I have nothing ill to say in reflection about my mother, as I adored her more than she possibly knew (though she had her suspicions-no doubt) so too her 5x sisters, all wonderful aunts whom I shared school holidays/festive weeks,living with them rotationally..Oh so many other life lessons learned from them,but thats a topic for another time..

Most definitely. I was a professional chef for my second career. Probably still doing it if it wasnt so hard on my knees and lower back.

I can turn my hand to most cuisines esp Spanish (i worked in spain), indian and French. I hate the pastry section, cakes and stuff, not for me. To precise I like to do the little pinch of this, pinch of that…see where it goes. Oh and bread, i love bread making i take out all my frustration on the poor dough when kneading!!!

Hugs

Helen

I just brought home a bag of Cortland Apples and some Ice Cream. I am going to be making a practice apple pie. Gotta sharpen up the skill set for Thanksgiving. Did you know that you can eat pie and ice cream without putting on extra weight if you just use that for a meal….  Let me know how that works out for you.  Do you believe everything you read on the internet?

Jessica FLA
        Baroness - Annual

That accurately describes my mom. She could do dessert for breakfast, lunch or dinner.
        She was a very basic cook, so they’d be store bought, but none the less. That was never me. Love cooking, and really don’t have much of a sweet tooth, So naturally, I’m the one that ends up type 2. Oh, and the other thing is she would have either white rice or some kind of pasta with every meal (when she didn’t have dessert). I brought home a good size butterneut squash from Aldi yesterday (.89 lb) and will be smoking/grilling it later on today then make butternut squash soup. They also had portobello mushrooms on sale, so they’ll be smoked at the same time to make a mushroom gravy for later on in the week.

Why would you go and label an Apple pie a desert, when it is an obvious healthy breakfast choice? Especially when paired with Alden’s Organic Vanilla Ice Cream, which I also bought to have with it. I guess I was blessed with an Iron Pancreas. However, I do take a bit of Cider Vinegar every day to lower blood sugar. Also I only put in 1/4 cup of sugar with the apples, far less than most recipes call for. Now guess what…. I can taste the apples…

Jessica FLA
            Baroness - Annual

I only call it desert when it’s really, really dry! LOL
            ::kidding::

Harriette
      Lady

We either live to eat or eat to live. I have my moments at cooking, but they are few and far between.

I just brought home apples, to make some applesauce.

Or somewhere in between … people tell me that I am a good cook but I don’t go the whole hog every evening for myself. Most of the time it is something basic or a portion of something I made a batch of from the freezer, e.g. a curry or stew.

Yesterday spent the entire in a skirt and blouse with all the undergarments (of course) in the kitchen.  Baking bread, homemade croutons and a batch of green chili stew.. wonderful day and my wife loves to have dinner ready when she gets home

Before my current career, I used to be a line cook at one of Denver’s top restaurants. I usually do 95% of all the cooking in my family. All meal types, from breakfast to several course dinners with ease. I don’t dress up while cooking as I like to move around the kitchen quickly when having several things going at once.
      XOXO
      Karensa

Viewing 45 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Crossdresser Heaven Polls’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?