- April 4, 2022 at 12:29 pm #633571Darcy GrigsbyParticipantRegistered On: July 1, 2020Topics: 29Replies: 174Has thanked: 43 timesBeen thanked: 1018 times
- April 9, 2022 at 8:16 am #634916Stephanie BassPrincess - AnnualRegistered On: November 30, 2019Topics: 22Replies: 3454Has thanked: 49652 timesBeen thanked: 12306 times
Hi Darcy as others here have said i have many styles from Paula young which wernt terrible expensive and fit quite well yes with adjustible straps for a more brain endowed girl as our selves ha ha ..good luck girlfriend..
1 user thanked author for this post.
- April 9, 2022 at 7:14 am #634892
- April 8, 2022 at 10:11 pm #634815Stephanie MacNeilLadyRegistered On: January 31, 2022Topics: 2Replies: 72Has thanked: 203 timesBeen thanked: 363 times
- April 8, 2022 at 5:02 pm #634768
- April 4, 2022 at 4:13 pm #633622Quinetta HarrisLadyRegistered On: January 9, 2021Topics: 7Replies: 111Has thanked: 214 timesBeen thanked: 399 times
I have these websites bookmarked for full cap wigs (which are the only type of wigs I will buy).
Other than that it can be a hit or miss at whatever beauty supply stores you go to. They might have the sizes you need but none of the wigs look pleasing to you. And vice versa.
- April 4, 2022 at 3:34 pm #633614Rayna CarlianDuchessRegistered On: March 4, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 409Has thanked: 554 timesBeen thanked: 1426 times
I have seen a selection of Large cap wigs on En Femme.
The least expensive option is $166.
You can also go to an actual wig shop. I’ve been to a few and if the staff is professional, they’ll have no issue dealing with a person like us.
I had a good experience and invested in a decent wig for $120. I’m at about 23.5in myself.
Also, pro shops can easily stretch the cap for you overnight, they did for me on the $120 wig. I ended up going back to them for a second (short) wig and they did the same. By helping me try diff lengths and styles, and by making the wig fit well, they earned a loyal customer.
I’d give some serious thought to trying a local-ish shop. Call ahead if you’re unsure and ask if they would have any issues serving you. Also, bring a blouse… I did this and they encouraged me to change in the back after I arrived. I could see how the wig looked in a blouse with the wig on…it helped.
Good luck honey,
- April 4, 2022 at 2:40 pm #633599Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 49Replies: 1376Has thanked: 381 timesBeen thanked: 5048 times
- April 4, 2022 at 1:45 pm #633581
- April 4, 2022 at 12:47 pm #633574Teri LinnealisLadyRegistered On: January 28, 2022Topics: 7Replies: 73Has thanked: 179 timesBeen thanked: 316 times
Darcy, I too have a bit more brains than average so I went with the large cap. I’m wearing it in the thumb nail photo and also on my home page photos. It sticks on your head very well and appears to be well made. There is a Cross Dresser store in Wyandotte MI that caries a whole section of just large cap wigs. If you have trouble locating it send me a private message. Good Luck, Hugs, TERI
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.