• This topic has 14 replies, 9 voices, and was last updated 2 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi ladies,

I’m wondering about laser hair removal. I know it’s supposed to be best for dark hair and light skin. I have light skin and most of my body hair is still dark, though time has turned some of it gray. Since I am a Bigfoot, I will need my entire body done. What I’m wondering about is:

About how many treatments would an entire body take?

About how long does it last?

About how much does it cost in a major city?

Thanks!

Catherine 💋

Well Catherine let me be the first to say that I am very pro LHR by a professional establishment! I have done a little bit of research and the multiple spas here in Houston I have looked up have all said that multiple times will be needed to get the results that we want. How many depends on the strength of our hair follicles, the amount of hair follicles we have, and the width of our hair. I saw a spa advertising for full body LHR for $950. I hope that covers all of the times needed or at least all of the times that are granted.I will definitely compare multiple spas prices and LHR info before choosing which one to go with.

I read that some lasers for LHR can completely stop the hair follicle from growing (which is what I am sure we all would want). But I guess common scenario would be the hair growth would be so minimal and the hair itself would be so thin that you could double or triple the amount of time you can wait to shave how you normally do.

Hope this helps sweetie…

Brielle
      Lady

Hi Catherine, you may want to check out the IPL home-use devices. You could treat your legs and arms at home and get laser for the back and face and other places separately. If you have a diagnosis of gender dysphoria, most insurance cos help pay for the hair removal. Not sure about laser, but IPL home devices need you to shave before treating.

I haven’t started permanent hair removal yet, but will in a few weeks. I got the IPL but haven’t tried it yet. My dermatologist told me about the insurance coverage. I’ll keep the group up-to-date as I progress.

The insurance coverage is a new thought.  I guess I had always just assumed that anything cosmetic would not be covered.  Getting a legit diagnosis of gender dysphoria is a whole other matter that is worth its own discussion.

Money is not the primary concern keeping me from laser hair removal, but it certainly is one of them.  I have always read that it only works temporarily and that it took multiple visits.  So I’ve just sort of put the idea on the back burner.  I don’t really want to get into a situation where I’m paying hundreds of dollars each for 10 visits over 10 weeks only to have it all come back in 6 months.

You’ve given me a lot to renew my interest and do some more research – thanks!

Catherine

Anonymous

I’m going in for a consult in a couple weeks, then I hope to start treatment. I’ll let you know how it goes.

— Abbie 🥰

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

I am thinking about using the IPL home use devises myself.

Hugs, Liara

I thought about getting one of the home IPL thingees too, but I’ve been told that it’s not for the amount of fur I have.  Still, it might be worthwhile even if it just decreases it.  Maybe Santa will bring me  one 🙂

Catherine

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I was told by my dermatologist that full body would take at least 6 visits.  Probably more.  I got 4 sessions in before the pandemic hit and she closed her office.  Each session cost $600.  I didn’t want to wait and bought a Philips Lumea home IPL device.  That cost $450.  While the Philips device is way slower than professional laser, it works and it’s way more affordable.  It took several months with the IPL, but I’m almost completely hair free.  I do a touch up every 4-6 months.

Hair-free!  One of the Holy Grails for us, I’m sure.  And of course you are Emily – you’re drop dead gorgeous so naturally that includes being a silky smooth woman.

I will be making some calls to spas.

Thanks,

Catherine

Anonymous

Thanks, I’ve read all the reviews I can find and they seem to say that is the best IPL machine, the have just released a new one.

I did LHR years ago, on my nether regions it was fairly painful and the results were not all that great and I eventually gave up.

Are the IPL units painful as well?

Painful?  I’ve read in several places that it is supposed to be nearly painless, or a slight tingling.  I guess it’s worse in sensitive areas.  When you say “nether regions” I’m not sure if  we’re talking butt or balls, or the whole area.  I have used Nair in both areas.  For the butt it works great and if you’ve never done it I wholeheartedly recommend it.  It’s surprising how much easier it is to rinse soap off when there’s no hair!  The scrotal area, however, I do not recommend for Nair.  That is painful and ineffective.  I generally shave (very carefully) ping and pong about once a week.

Yes when I did the LHR I went for the full Brazilian effect. Every pop of the laser was like someone snapping a rubber band on the skin. Then for afterwards it was like a mild burn. To say the least it was not pleasant. This was back in 2006 I would guess so maybe the technology has changed to offer a more pleasant experience.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

IPL is pretty intense down there on the higher power settings my unit has.  I had to dial it back a couple of notches.

Peta Mari
      Lady

Electrolysis is more permanent. Less painful. But much slower. I heard its best for facial hair.

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?