Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hi girls

So my question is about laundry.

As i live with 2 men, how will i be able to wash my clothes?

I can manage the delicates, hand wash in tepid water and then roll them up in a towel and throw it to the back of the airing cupboard to dry.

But what about my skirts,tops and dresses etc. How am i going to be able to wash and dry them.

Love
      Michelle

For the items that I wear on a regular basis I try to make sure that they can go in a tumble dryer.

Using the fast wash cycle on the machine along with the dryer I can get everything done in a couple of hours when I know I will have the house to myself for that long.

-A.

Hi Andi

I have been friends withe the guys for over 20 years and privacy is not high on the agenda. We often throw clothes into each others wash. We also just empty washing machine and put it all in the tumble dryer. We all work different shifts and i never have any idea when they will or will not come home. So it is far too dangerous for me to wash clothes at home.

Love Michelle

Anonymous

Hi Michelle,

After 20 years you must know them really well. Do you think you could come out to them and they’d accept it? If not, it really looks like you’re going to have to find a place of your own.

Peta Mari
      Lady

We use a laundromat.

Hi Mary Jane

Unfortunately there is nothing like that in my area. Most people own their own washing machines these days, so no great demand for them.

Love
        Michelle

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

What about a dry cleaner shop?  Almost everyone owns an item or two that shouldn’t be machine washed.  A town of any size would have one.  Many offer laundry service in addition to dry cleaning.  It’s expensive but a viable solution to your problem.

Hi Emily

There are 3 dry cleaners in my area and my second cousin, owns all 3 of them.

as you say, they are expensive and I am spending too much as it is already. Who knew how expensive it is to be a girl.

Love
            Michelle

Do you not have your own bedroom?

I have dried some of my delicate negligees by hanging them on the ceiling fan in my bedroom with clothes pins and turned the fan on high for about an hour.

Hi Lucy

I dont have ceiling fan. I am from Ireland and we dont have much use for them here.

Love
        Michelle

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Hi Michelle.   I read earlier that your two roommates and yourself work different hours.  I was going that you may be able to plan laundry around when they’re not around.  Is the washing machine in a private secluded  area? I’m thinking that even if they came home in the middle of it, you could transfer it to the dryer without them seeing, and just trundle it into a ball or throw it into a laundry basket and run it right to your room.  Im hoping that you dont all hang out in the laundry room.  And…. who pays attention to another doing laundry anyway?  You may be able to sneak it right by them… unless they are ones to snoop in the washer-dryer.

That must be troublesome though.

Stevie

Hi Stevie

We wouldn’t even know what a laundry room is. The washing machine is on the the same setting as the day ot was bought. We just throw everything in, add power and press a button.

So laundry is yet another aspect of female life that i have to learn. Am i excited about this, you bet i am. Am i excited about washing my male clothes, no i am definitely not.

If i thought i hadd time to wash my clothes, i would do it en femme. So if my friends came back early, i would have to pray they did not go near the laundry until i have changed out of my fem clothes. The machines are in the kitchen, which is where we usually go when we come in, to get a bite to eat.

Love
        Michelle

Anonymous

You might not want to try that.

Anonymous
      Lady

Tough situation. Maybe hand wash them in the bathtub a few pieces at a time and dry them in your closet.

Hi girls

A quick update, I can wash my delicates in the bathroom sink.

I have decided that I am going to keep all my other clothes in storage and never take off the printed dress, I bought today.

Love Michelle

Michelle as you have hit on the couple of ideas to wash in sink and trying to dry as quick as possible when no one home .. Last thing is to take them in shower with and roll up take to room and hang in closet to dry hope anything here helps ..

Stephanie Bass

Hi Stephanie

As my feminine side has continued to control my psyche more and more, I have realised that I have to leave my friend’s and find a place of my own.

I cannot practice my femininity as much as I want. I even have to under dress just to go to the toilet.
      I am in the main bedroom upstairs so plenty of room to practice walking in shoes, as well as dancing about when dressed up. Unfortunately, every step I take is heard in the communal room below, where my friends sit when not at work, so no fun there. I have to hide everything.

So I will have to move or my transition will slow to a grind.

Love
      Michelle.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Hi Michelle,

I’m glad you’re coming to this realization.  I’ve told many girls if it’s not possible to adapt to your situation, it’s time to create a new one.  Considering the numerous obstacles you face, I agree that getting a place of your own is your only remaining option.  I’d also offer that you consider moving to an area/neighborhood that is more accepting.  Living in a place that’s tolerant and provides more anonymity will help a lot with your transition.

Emily

Hi Emily

There are not many places in Ireland, that i could move to.

Dont get me wrong, Ireland is a very tolerant country. We had an openly gay prime minister a few years ago. It is what it would do to family and friends that worries me.

When i retire, i might move to somewhere lke Brighton so i can live my 24/7 fem life, in a more relaxing atmosphere.

Love
          Michelle

Barb Wire
      Lady

Come clean with your two roommates? (I couldn’t resist, sorry).

20 years, eh? Maybe they already know?

You mix your laundry with theirs?? I think I’d stop that practice, unless they were family, but even then. I would insist on my own laundry-time. Make a schedule?

Barb

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Hi Michelle,

If you got a couple of large towels, and a wash basin, you could try doing the same as you do with your delicates. I washed about 4 pair of leggings that way the other day. Only takes a couple minutes, and you can hang your things in your room.

💕Lara

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir. Reason: Emoji

I just noticed that you said there is no laundromat.
      One of the things I used to do on deployments when laundry was hard to get done was to take a shower with my clothes on. Do the normal shower soap up and rinse off, then take the clothing off and do it again for my body. Then I’d wring out the clothing and hang it to dry in my personal area. I know this kind of clothing might need a more delicate touch but for some of it this may work.

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Vecca Senn.
        Mia Mor’e
        Baroness

How did you manage to dress while on deployment? There is literally no privacy, ever.

Well, if you think about it, up until recently uniforms were unisex except the dress uniforms. So the outer wear was taken care of! The only other thing I could do was drab color panties with no lace.

Hi Vecca

I will try the shower trick, but its not ideal for the long term.

Love
        Michelle

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?