• Creator
    Topic
    Astrid Lenore
    Participant
    Registered On: March 3, 2019
    Topics: 22
    Replies: 512

So a weird thing happened today (/yesterday, it’s early early morning for me).

I was doing a load of laundry, including no small amount of my female clothes (for context, I share a laundry room with several housemates though I’m fortunate enough to otherwise have my own space).  I tend to do these loads after dark when everyone has gone to bed for obvious reasons since they don’t know about Astrid.

Okay so here’s the weird part.  I remember putting this load in the dryer after moving a housemate’s load temporarily into my basket.  Then I got busy and don’t remember anything relevant after that until waking up with a very sore neck having passed out on the couch.  I went down to check on the load; it was nowhere in sight save for one solitary argyle sock on the floor from male-me.

I panicked.  Had my housemates taken my load?  What was I going to do?  How was I going to explain this?  Resigning myself to a very awkward conversation in the morning, I headed back upstairs to my apartment… only to find said load of laundry in a basket, waiting to be folded and put away.

Now my left brain is thinking: okay, since I don’t remember the door opening, this must have been me, and I clearly just forgot I did it.  And that scares me a bit on the mental front.  But my right brain is thinking miracle.  Honestly… gonna go with the right on this one. 😉

Any of you ladies had similar experiences?  Feel free to chime in.

Viewing 8 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Wanda Ovahear
      Lady
      Registered On: October 19, 2022
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 244

It was the Maytag Repairman, what else has he got to do?

3 users thanked author for this post.
        Astrid Lenore
        Lady

Mystery solved!

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Vecca Senn
      Lady
      Registered On: February 22, 2021
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 275

Your roomies may know and understand more than you think.

Astrid Lenore
        Lady

I mean here’s hoping, I’m on the long and rocky path of coming out so they’ll likely know eventually if they don’t already.

Meghan Brandice
      Lady
      Registered On: April 15, 2022
      Topics: 8
      Replies: 128

But the mystery still remains?- where is the other Argyle Sock?  ( why do dryers make them disappear? )

Astrid Lenore
        Lady

Haha, yes I love it!  Though it appears to have its mate.

Meghan Brandice
          Lady
          Registered On: April 15, 2022
          Topics: 8
          Replies: 128

When the two socks mate do they produce baby booties?😂

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Emily Alt
      Hostess
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Topics: 20
      Replies: 1030

The mind can play tricks on us when we’re really tired or chronically sleep deprived.  Almost like a blackout.  If that was your state while doing laundry, you simply may have no recollection of fetching it.

Astrid Lenore
        Lady

This is very likely the case, but I find the “what if?” thought exercise amusing. 😉

J J
      Lady
      Registered On: September 13, 2019
      Topics: 4
      Replies: 290

I was doing a load of laundry, including no small amount of my female clothes (for context, I share a laundry room with several housemates though I’m fortunate enough to otherwise have my own space).  I tend to do these loads after dark when everyone has gone to bed for obvious reasons since they don’t know about Astrid.

Okay so here’s the weird part.  I remember putting this load in the dryer after moving a housemate’s load temporarily into my basket.  Then I got busy and don’t remember anything relevant after that until waking up with a very sore neck having passed out on the couch.  I went down to check on the load; it was nowhere in sight save for one solitary argyle sock on the floor from male-me.

I panicked.  Had my housemates taken my load?  What was I going to do?  How was I going to explain this?  Resigning myself to a very awkward conversation in the morning, I headed back upstairs to my apartment… only to find said load of laundry in a basket, waiting to be folded and put away.

Now my left brain is thinking: okay, since I don’t remember the door opening, this must have been me, and I clearly just forgot I did it.  And that scares me a bit on the mental front.  But my right brain is thinking miracle.  Honestly… gonna go with the right on this one. 😉

I suspect who ever had the laundry you moved out did the same with yours, only they left it in your apartment, not in the laundry room. somebody may know your “secret” or just assume you were doing laundry for a girlfriend.

That said, I am a bit confused about your living arrangement. Do you have your own apartment and share a laundry room, or do you share your apartment as well?

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Astrid Lenore
        Lady

I have my own apartment (actually in-law suite) which is tiny and situated over the garage.  I share a downstairs laundry room in the back with 2-3 other tenants.

Your hypothesis has merit but also several problems: 1) I’m a habitual door-locker.  2) I’m a notoriously light sleeper and since it’s physically impossible for me to be more than 10 feet or so from the door I would have heard someone coming or going.  90% sure I just collected my clothes in a daze and forgot it ever happened.  You know, the first thing to go is um… uh… what was it again? 🙂

Angela Booth
      Lady
      Registered On: August 1, 2020
      Topics: 9
      Replies: 1275

Must have been your talking head and a once in a lifetime event.

Back in the early 1980’s my sister had moved in with her boyfriend and she let me rent her apartment from her. I was on my own and had free run. I had recently come out to my mother and she had given me a couple of dresses and a slip to add to my little store of clothes. I had done the washing and had left a dress with a slip neatly folded on a table in the kitchen where I had ironed it. My sister called and said she was dropping in to collect something and I didn’t think about the clothes. She came in and I made a cup of tea and we sat chatting when she looked across at the table and asked who the clothes were. I tried to think quickly and said that my girlfriend had stayed over and left these so I washed them. My sister lifted the dress to see the label, ‘These aren’t her size and I don’t think her style either’. I froze for a bit and decided she would be the first of my siblings to know about my secret. She looked startled and I awaited the reaction. ‘Does she know about this’ were the first words spoke. I said that I hadn’t told her. My sister got up and said,Well good luck and don’t you wear any of my things’. That was it and she has been okay ever since.

Stephanie Bass
      Hostess
      Registered On: November 30, 2019
      Topics: 27
      Replies: 4161

Hi Astrid as you have the wonderful ghost girl in the building just trying to help he he .. Well girl i have a wonderful wife and she does all three of our clothes in our house ha ha she is a wonderful wife..

Stephanie

Astrid Lenore
        Lady

I have yet to find myself in a beautiful house with a beautiful wife, nor to ask myself well, how did I get here? 😉

Stephanie Bass
          Hostess
          Registered On: November 30, 2019
          Topics: 27
          Replies: 4161

You will get there someday girlfriend good luck 💋

Stephanie

Astrid Lenore
            Lady

God, I hope not.  Gladly single and celibate. <3

Eileen Bach
      Baroness
      Registered On: February 27, 2021
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 442

Not since College have I ‘lost’ my laundry.

5 users thanked author for this post.
      Michelle McQueen
      Lady
      Registered On: June 14, 2021
      Topics: 29
      Replies: 1625

Party much? It was a saturday night.

5 users thanked author for this post.
        Astrid Lenore
        Lady

Sadly no lol, didn’t even take my usual sleep aids until after.  But sleep schedule in general has been weird… I blame daylight savings. ;P

4 users thanked author for this post.
Viewing 8 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.