Viewing 27 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Mishi
      Lady

Do any of you amazing ladies have any useful tips and tricks for washing and drying your girl wardrobe without anyone else in the house finding out about it?

Hy. I wash and dry my clothes when my wife is at work. Good thing is i have a dryer so my clothes is dry for one hour

J J
      Lady

Going to a laundromat is the safest bet. Washing a drying take a while to do, and the chance of somebody coming home, especially if there are multiple as you imply, is high. Saving until you have a total clear and safe day and everybody is guaranteed to be gone is the other option.

Anonymous

Wash them when nobody is home or early in the morning. If your trying to keep it a secret be careful not to leave a pair of panties in the dryer. FYI.. Speaking from experience.

Anonymous

One friend did her wash while wife’s favorite TV show was on. Then dried on a rack behind the furnace.

A sudden interest in laundry chores would draw suspicion.

Becka
      Lady

This is so stressful, and something I need to do today in fact.

i have my secret laundry stash. I keep everything in a large “laundry bag”. These are bags my wife uses (although I hide mine), to wash her delicate items.
      They are just mesh bags that you can put in the wash.

I usually have an excuse for washing all of my jeans separate from other stuff, and or will do the bathroom towels, and put my laundry bag in with those.

The hard part of course is doing all of this without being detected. Luckily my wife works A LOT, and when she works the rest of the world does not exist. So I plan around that. Alternatively, I am always the first person up for the day, and will start laundry very early before she is even out of bed. Sometimes I have to hide the underwear, to be put away later.

It’s really difficult however.

Thea
      Lady

Sorry for no useful tips: I just had to wait until my wife was out and trust I could get things dried in time. One of the best things about having come out to my wife is even without her approving or supporting she understands I need to wash things and it’s lovely to always be in clean lingerie!

Hugs Gabby

Anonymous
      Lady

The safest way is probably using a laundromat. You can transport your wardrobe in the trunk of your car and move it into the house when its convenient. Delicate things like bras should be hand washed.

Hi Mishi,   While I don’t hide anything from my wife, there are times when I just need something washed quickly.  I may need it the next day or I spotted it and need to remove the mark.  So, I hand wash the garment in a 5 gal. plastic pail with a little Tide.  Then I rinse twice and finally with a little softener.  I will usually give it a quick spin in the washing machine to get the extra water out.  All this has only taken 10 min.  Then I shake it, hang it on a plastic hanger  and put it in my truck on a hot day.  Even in winter, when the sun shines, things can be dry in an hour.  So maybe this will help you, especially if you park your truck around the building.  Wow,  Stealth Laundry !   Marg

I decided to replace the worn-out junk that was masquerading as a washer and dryer at our house and took control of doing all of the laundry. There were no objections.

Not much help here but a laundromat would be a pretty safe place to get things done, when I was married I did most of the laundry and would do stuff before she got home and anything I would hang dry I would hang in my workshop, as I had a lock on the door….

Mishi
      Lady

Thank you so much for all your responses, I struggle so much with this.
      Where I live it’s quite cold for most of the year and I don’t have a drier which really makes life difficult. In My old house I used to stuff my lingerie down the back of the radiator in the spare room for an hour or two but my current place has a totally different heating system so that’s not an option any more.
      Becka’s mesh bag suggestion is a great idea for getting everything in and out of the machine quickly and without fear of dropping someting and not noticing, I’ll definitely be investing in one.
      Laundromat’s have largely died out where I live and sadly,last time I checked I think there was only one within a 50 mile radius.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

At the risk of sounding preachy, I’d offer that you avoid this problem entirely by coming out.  That’s almost always preferable to getting caught.

Lots of great suggestions from the other ladies.  The mesh laundry bag is a great way to make sure none of your lingerie eludes you.  Obviously drying is the riskiest time.  You could hide your lingerie within your guy clothes while it dries.  Get yourself some shirt hangars with pant clips.  Attach lingerie to the clips and then put a shirt on the hangar.  You can also rig 2 small utility clips together to attach lingerie to the inside of pant legs.  Pant pockets are an effective attachment point.  Don’t use clothespins – they’re too weak.  You can hang your clothes in a doorway using a spring loaded rod.  Hang a few guy garments by themselves at the ends to conceal shirts and pants that might have small bulges.  Air flow will be limited if you dry like this so use a small fan to speed up drying time.

Hope this helps.

/EA

Mishi
        Lady

I’ve been considering coming out (or back out in this case) case for a while now Emily, but our relationship is a bit rocky right now to start with so probably not good timing.
        Some really great ideas in the rest of your post. Thanks so much, I’m going to give a few of them a try. xx

Anonymous

Girls,

I know this is off topic but does anyone know how to get makeup stains out of a white blouse?

Anonymous
        Lady

Hi Kerri.

I’ve had this problem before with a white ruffled peasant skirt. It had foundation stains so I just rubbed Tide detergent into the spot with a toothbrush, let it sit for a bit, then do a normal wash with Tide detergent and it came out, even brightened up the skirt.

Anonymous

Hi Mishi,

Thanks for the tip. I will try that next time I do laundry.

Sherri Remington
      Duchess - Annual

I didn’t realize how lucky I am when it come s to the simple thing like laundry. I came out to my wife 35 years ago, didn’t go well at all and still she has limits on being evolved with my dressing but that being said since we each do our own laundry ” I really pinked out a white top of hers very early on and from then on” so it’s not a big deal. She does comments though about my having more bras than she does but I feel that’s her problem and she should catch up.

Caty Ryan
      Baroness

I wash Caty’s lingerie and nightwear when my beloved is out. It either then goes into my own wardrobe in my own on hangers to dry with a towel to catch the drips. Or.. I take it to my storage locker and put it all on a collapsible clothes airer. Go back a couple of says later to pick it all up. Even in winter and all locked away its still dries within that time..

I only hand wash the above, especially the silk lingerie and nighties.

Happy dressing,

Caty.

Mishi
        Lady

It seems like a drastic reason to invest in a storage locker,and yet i’m tempted 😆

Caty Ryan
          Baroness

Hi Mishi,

Hey, it aint just Caty’s “unmentionables” that go in the locker to dry… It’s a scaled down version of a big shed I used to have when we lived in a rural area.

Electric guitar, amplifier, sports posters and memorabilia, lots… of wine, (dont have a proper cellar anymore, as well as no shed).

CATYS “STUFF”.

My SO does not approved of Caty in this is a smallish unit where we reside.

So… Her shoes 95% of her outerwear, more lingerie, wigs make up, breast forms, jewellery etc etc all “live” in the Unit. In your American lingo its 10sq.ft. .. So its carpeted and I got lucky with natural light and power..

A “miniature home away from home”. I’m down there 2-3times a week, dropping off or picking up laundry, most of my wine gets delivered there as well. Its also where I do my weekly body shave..(No mess to attract the ire of “She who must be obeyed!!)

Back in the Covid Lockdown days, I even had a couple of quick Caty sessions in there

So if the above appeals to you for something other than laundry, “go for it”

Caty.

Caty Ryan
        Baroness

Its a bit off the “femme laundry” topic, but relevant nonetheless…

Due to the DADT with my beloved  in this house, (Dont ask dont tell), I have the cleanest male undies on the planet..

Why??

Cos I wear female lingerie 24/7 and in order for the “DT” bit, my male undies are never worn. They just go in and out of the washing machine whenever it’s loaded and unloaded. Been that way for about  two years now..

I’d dearly like to “own up”, but dont want to cause,” dissension in the camp”. Just as happy to hand wash my Caty things when she’s not home..

I half suspect  me darlin’, knows, but if she does, she does the “DA bit”.

Anyone else in the same “undiesworld”??

Caty.

I usually have a couple hours a week for Suzanne time and do my laundry while my wife is out.  During one of our conversations where she mentioned her understanding that Suzanne was not going away I asked about doing laundry and she said she wasn’t ready for that.  I have time to wash, dry and put away my things in the time she is not home.  I have a closet in my room (office/study) where I keep my things.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Not an issue with my SO and I’m semi out to her caregiver who knows about the sports bras and the ladies swimsuits but thinks they’re just because my epigastric hernia needs support. So, the more girly items just need to be done when she’s not here. I have had to make early morning sweeps to get the items that are line or flat dry before she arrives.

I’m lucky wife works full time so plenty of time to wash Charlotte clothes

Dear Mishi

Before my SO knew about Christine, I used to simply take my clothes to a nearby laundrette. I would take both Christine’s and the ‘drab one’s’ clothes so that it would look like Ι was doing the laundry for myself and my SO. I could thus avoid awkward stares/questions, and indeed would often get appreciative nods and smiles that I was doing the laundry and helping with domestic work like a modern man should.

Hope this suggestion helps.

Hugs
      Christine

I am so lucky I don’t need to hide my clothing. All my dirty laundry goes in the same hamper as my wife’s clothing. They get washed and dried at the same time. My problem is storage space, My closets and dresses are filled to capacity. My only reason to purge is to get rid of items I no longer wear or are getting worn out. The problem then is they get filled up again with new things I purchase or my wife purchases for me.

I’m the same hun, everything hung in closet nicely and a second dresser for my other femme things.

Sorry I don’t have that problem since I’ve come out to my wife. I still watch what I hang on the drying rack as kids might notice certain things.

I used to wash things on my day off, when my girlfriend was working. Now i toss it in yhe hamper and she washes, dries it and folds it for me..

I wash my laundry at the laundry mat. That way no one is the wiser.

Hi Mishi as so much good advice here i cant add to them except to say  coming out to my wife 39 years ago was the best option as she is very supportive and does all three of ours and folds and puts away so happy as Stephanie is a clothes horse ha ha ..

Stephanie Bass

Here we go again.
      one of our girlfriends asked for advice.
      This time how to wash our feminine clothes without getting caught. Which is a real legitimate concern for many of us girls.  Many many girls reply back that they don’t have to worry about that because they have accepting spouses and SO’s. What kind of constructive advice is that? Please have a little heart for us girls who aren’t out for what ever the reason. This happens way to often here.
      In a perfect world we could all have accepting partners but that’s not the way it is or will ever be.
      Now for washing clothes. I always have to wait until my wife is out for more than enough time to do my wash.
      if I’m in doubt how long she’ll be out I don’t do it. It takes some planning and sometime it just can’t be done. Besides the fact that I simply adore panties I have more than enough to go at least a month or more .

Natalie 💋💋💋

So sorry Natalie that we up set you i guess we should ignore the posts that dont pertain to the questions asked ..  At least a answer is saying we understand you .. Sorry Mishi ..

Stephanie

Lucky for me I have an accepting boyfriend so no worries for me with that.

Layla Mesa
      Duchess

I once told my girlfriend the undies belong to my sister. I just got the look. Of course, my sister size was way off. Laundromat for now on. Till my girlfriend moved out. She did.

Viewing 27 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?