Tagged: 

Viewing 15 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

hiya!
      Any advice on how to learn to wear heels? Just starting out and i’d luv one day to wear those 5 inch stilettos! But i don’t think my feet or calves are ready. Should i start with flats to figure out my size and then like just get higher a lil bit at a time?

Thanks for your helps!

Bree.

Anonymous

When walking, act like you’re walking on a single line (I call it the drunk test walk). Lay a thinner (no wider than 6″) on the floor and walk only on it. It builds the balance. Oh, and do be careful.

Anonymous

Hi Bree

From (limited) experience, start with a 2″ heel, shorten your stride and walk the line as described by Anna. Resist the temptation to walk on tiptoe – you need to learn to trust those heels with all of your weight. Be very careful coming down stairs! Once you’re happy with those, move up to higher ones. Today – sensible shoes. Tomorrow – ballet boots!

Have fun

Connie
      xxx

Anonymous

definitely gotta try wedges then!

Ballet boots, Connie!?! omgosh!!!

Anonymous

Well, maybe not…………..

Connie

xxx

Roberta Broussard
      Duchess - Annual

Wedges can also add to conditioning your feet and legs.

I started just walking around the house doing daily activities like housework every day in three inch heels and have worked my way up when I occasionally wear a higher heel . Once you get use to it work then on the straight line with smaller steps till it feels natural. I now so enjoy walking in heels with confidence and builds up your self image when out and about

Anonymous

smaller steps! i definitely try the straight line cuz i luv how it feels! but i gotta remember smaller steps!

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Bree,

Speaking from personal experience the only way to get used to high heels is to wear them…often. I started out wearing 3″ heels and stumbled around like a baby giraffe. But eventually, from practice practice practice, I became quite comfortable wearing them. After sometime I wanted to try higher heels and progressed from there to what I usually wear now. Usually it’s 4″ heels as well as 5″ if I want to look a little sexier. I wear a women’s size 10 so 4″ heels are very easy to walk in and my feet don’t usually get that tired or sore. With 5″ heels they can be comfortable but my feet do get sore after a long period of wearing them, but like most females the look definately out weighs the pain :). You just need to experiment and practice and you will find the heel height you like and are comfortable with. The nice thing with high heels is they give your hips a bit more sway when you walk and definately make your legs look very very nice. Good luck and let us know how you make out.

Cheers,

Trish

Barb Wire
      Lady

Totally agree with everyone!

I was opportunistic, but stoopid! My fist pair of heels were 6”. Got them at a thrift store and they were my size! Jessica Simpson came home with me.

I have fallen down and twisted my back a few times at the beginning. NOT worth it. Eventually, I got good at waking in them, but the price and my vanity were too high.

My 3” heels are WAY easier to walk in than the sixes, but not nearly as sexy.

But walking in my 5.5ers feels amazingly sexy! Getting flushed just thinking about them! I can even run in them a bit too!

Wedges are smart! Should have done that first. And doing housework in them is smart too and I do a really good job! HA HA!!

Good luck, Bree and Happy New Year!

Hugs, Barb 🙂

Anonymous

Wedges! gosh i din’t even think bout those! Are they easier to manage than heel heels?

Wedges are my thing… I wear them like sneakers and can do pretty much any activity in them… they’re SUPER comfortable… may not be as “sleek” of a look as my stiletto heels, but sexy enough that’s for sure. It’s worth it to me for the look AND the comfort alone to always be in my wedges!

Anonymous

I wear pumps with 5″ heels.  I had a pair of 6″ heels, but lost them in a purge.  (Sigh.  I’ve got to get a new pair.)  High heels are hard on a girl’s calves.  The more one wears them, the more the calves can tolerate them.

Make sure the shoes fit well when you buy them.  Take short, heel to toe steps.  Step one foot in front of the other.  (It makes your hips move with a feminine swaying motion.)  Most of all, practice, practice, practice.

As others have said, start with smaller heels, 2″. Practice and move up to 3″. And so on, and so on. Correct size is critical, the toes get squished as it is, if the shoes are too small it will be torture. I saw a picture of Lady Katherine once with her heels off. Her toes were twisted, curled, scrunched and red. It looked very painful, it takes true dedication to continually smile like she does.

Wedges are indeed wonderful. They give you the calf exercise while being stable and comfortable. I love my 4″ wedge sandals, but they are mostly retired for the winter. My winter shoes are 3″ ankle boots and 5″ thigh high boots, both are extremely comfortable and easy to walk in. The heels are a little larger than stilettos or pumps but not bulky. I can, and do, shovel snow wearing them.

As you move up in heel height you will find that 3″ is the best for everyday wear, 4″ or more are more suited to special occasions.

Now for the real challenge. Once you have mastered the heel toe straight line you have to learn to dance in heels. And remember,  girls dance backwards!

Have fun!

Beth

Anonymous

shoveling snow in thigh high boots! omgosh!!! <3

Oh yes! Fun, if a little dangerous, small steps and careful movement. Today I wore a black down jacket over a knee length red sweater dress with black fleece tights and black thigh high boots while clearing the walk. My mail carrier thinks I’m nuts, I told her it was an internet challenge!

Beth

Anonymous

that is so awesome, Beth! <3

Kelly Lee
          Duchess - Annual

[quote quote=594999]I can, and do, shovel snow wearing them.[/quote]

Yes, I done that also. Was going to leave but the snow plow had passed by leaving that string in the end of the driveway. Ignoring that I was wearing 12cm wedge heel boots, somewhat tight knee lenght skirt and long coat I just dug in. Took me maybe half an hour to clean that before I could drive away.

/kt

Rhonda Lee
      Baroness - Annual

I can wear 3.5″- 4″ heels comfortably all day PROVIDED the shoe is right; some I could not walk in for 30 feet. Wedges I have had are worse than heels. Any style of shoe can be uncomfortable; it takes experimenting. I prefer slingbacks, which are attractive and easier to fit. They also show off my polished toes. Why paint toenails, only to stick them in uncomfortable, unforgiving closed-toe pumps where one cannot see them?

I have had a few bad experiences, such as the day I caught a heel in the crack between the elevator car and the landing; deliberately fell on my back so as to break the heel rather than my back as the elevator took off. On other occasions the sole has separated from the heel, forcing me to walk in stockings while carrying the shoes. The worst calamity occurred when I tripped and fell down a few steps, from the table where I was dining to the concierge, landing on the slick, hard floor below. The floors were dark  and slick, and the stair lamps out of order; waitresses were told to wear non-skid shoes but still took falls themselves. I later learned I was unconscious for about 5 minutes. When lifted up my pinky finger faced due west, my fourth finger northwest, and the other digits north. Thinking I had dislocated the digits I had a friend try to pull my fingers back in place. Not smart! I was soon on my way to the ER (another fun Rhonda episode). The first doctor set my bones incorrectly so they later had to be re-broken and stapled. After 2 months of therapy after bones healed I remained and will forever remain disfigured.. my best piano-playing days gone forever.  I later found better gripping high-fashion shoes, shown below. They don’t click on floors as most heels do. They cluck.
      https://www.crossdresserheaven.com/forums/topic/learning-to-wear-heels/

Sutekina
      Lady

It depends entirely on the fitness level of your legs. Size is easy to figure out. Go to any shoe store and get someone to size your feet. Those gizmos have readings for both male and female. They will tell you the male size, but you look and see your female fit. Getting the right fit is tricky because depending on where you buy, sizes could change by half a size or by width. For example, regular width at Ardene’s is more narrow. That one is hit and miss. Back to the fitness of your legs. The stronger your legs are, the more likely the stronger your ankles are. That’s key to heel height. There’s also foot comfort and a different pressure on your spine, but I’m assuming if you are a jogger, all those other areas will be lined up as well. You don’t need to go to flats. I’d say, if you are not physically fit, max 3 inches. Probably 2.5 would be comfortable. I can run 10k and my max height is 4.5inches for a couple hours. 4inches for all day.

Lola Caprice
      Baroness

On sizing, general rule is add 1.5 to 2 sizes to your mens size.  Personally I’m size 9.5 mens and I’ve found that size 11 womens works well for me.  Also wide width when I can find them.

I started with 3.5″ stilettos.  Should have started with a lower heel but I made it work.  I started wearing them around the house a little each morning (very little at first maybe 5 minutes max) before getting ready for work.  It didn’t take long to get comfortable with them.  My tallest (and favorite) are 5″ with a 1″ platform so they feel like a 4″ heel.  The heel on that pair flairs at the bottom, really cool retro look and very stable.  Surprisingly comfortable.  That’s about all I can do.  But honestly, 2-3″ are most comfortable for me and chunky heels are much more gentle on my middle aged ankles.  Good luck!

💖Lola

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I first wore heels when I was 4, a pair I manged to borrow from my mother. I don’t recall any problems walking about in them, even though they were obviously way to large for me. By around 11 or 12, I outgrew her shoes. No heels for me until i bought my first pair at 17. They were platform wedges. I had no problem with walking in them. I walked all over in them. Climbed stairs, rode escalators, walked countless miles through shopping centers, stores, strip malls and every place else, enjoying the thrill and excitement of showing off my legs in them and my sheer to waist pantyhose and Daisy Duke shorts.

I bought my first stiletto heels a year or so later. I was so excited, until I could barely stand in them. I just wore them as often as I could, even slept in them. I stumbled about at first but got used to them as I broke them in. After a couple of weeks, I could slip them on and be very comfortable in them. I ended up wearing them to a party. I did a lot of waking standing and dancing. I was fine in them. It just took getting used to and breaking them in.

Buy shoes that are 2 sizes larger then your guy shoes size.

It took a hell of a long time for me to master the high heels. I wear a 2-inch heel but it’s a sort of block heel, which I can now wear with ease. But stilettoes, they’re only for indoors.

Ditto to everything the girls have mentioned so far.  Plus take advantage of all the shoe pads and comfort aids available from Dr Scholls if you find you need them.  Honestly I’ve been wearing heels so long I don’t even think about it any longer, just slip or strap them on and go.  Years and years of practice and leg conditioning allow this so put the effort in and you will be rewarded!

** Kayla **

Work your way up from smaller heels to what you want and practice(lots) xx me personally only wear kitten heels and block heels x

Viewing 15 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?