Viewing 20 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jessica
      Lady

Hey Ladies-

Here’s to another great day!! **raises glass**

I was wondering. How do you shave your legs? I’ve been mixing it up with my wifes shaver and my face shaver. I use an old time “twist the bottom and put the razors in the top” type of shaver. It’s killing my legs. I have more gashes and marks on them then I can even begin to say. (I’m saving up courage and money for laser hair removal, but am far away so far.) Which makes me curious if anyone has found that a different type of razor works better or what. I’m thinking maybe a different one then the one I use on my face.
      All my best.

Jess

Anonymous

I use the same razor it’s all about getting to know how to use it I use to cut myself all the time when shaving now I don’t. Don’t get me wrong I still nick myself every now and again but it’s not that often. I have tried using a lot of different methods but the razor is still the best for me.

I have been shaving my legs since I was a teenager.  As a swimmer and a cyclist, it was natural.  It was as a teenager that I discover that women’s razors were easier to handle shaving everywhere compared to a men’s razor.  Personally, I am partial to the Gillette and Shick product lines.

MacKenzie Alexandra

I use the Gillette fusion pro glide. It works fantastic. Follows the contours of your legs.

Face razors are really made for shaving small areas.  I would suggest getting a razor designed for shaving legs (they have bigger heads to cover more surface area).  I use the Venus razor by Gillette.  As for lazer hair removal, it is not necessarily useful for everyone.  I tried it, and, turns out, lazer doesn’t work very well with my skin type.  Looks like it’s electrolysis for me.

Jessica
      Lady

Thanks for the thoughts!! I wonder which is cheaper electrolysis or the laser? I thought it would be a fun thing for my wife and I to do together.

Anonymous

Electrolysis vs laser: both get to be expensive and take multiple treatments. Electrolysis takes longer due to time it takes to treat an area—they do it individual hair by hair, while laser can treat lager areas at a time. Laser doesn’t work well on lighter hairs. Also not all skin types. I guess that’s a nutshell comparison.

Jessica
          Lady

I’m really excited to try the laser treatment. It might be later this year unless something comes up. Was it embarrassing asking for that or did you go to a place that was friendly toward us?

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I’ve been shaving my legs since I was 17. I found that a slightly dull razor that doesn’t shave my face well works best. I shave my legs in the shower. I use a lot of soap with a wash cloth and slide the razor over the soapy area. I just soap the area again if I feel I need to shave that area more.

It’s fast, easy and neat and I rarely cut myself.

I use both the Mach III and Venus, whichever is handier. The Venus is quicker but I think the Mach shaves a little closer. Been shaving so long I hardly ever get knicks and cuts. Shaved just this morning. Sometimes I ask “why am I doing this?” But the blade always keeps moving until I’m done.

Anonymous

Hi, I shave in the bath as hot water opens the pores and use a safety disposable. This works well and I epilate once every 3 weeks. I do have fine fair hair though.

karley delaware
      Baroness - Annual

I use a slightly dull disposable and soap up in a hot bath.  Take your time and enjoy the experience. When I rush, I always nicked myself.

I have been shaving my legs  (and whole body} every 8 /9 days for years now and a gillette 3 bladed razor does it for me.  I rarely cut myself anywhere (and that’s a good thing when shaving privates). And it always feels so wonderful when i finish.  Bronwyn

Anonymous

Thank you for this topic. This is one area that I have had a problem with, every time I have shaved my legs, and I have gotten them smooth, the next day or two days later I have gotten red spots, especially on the upper part of my legs and they sometimes itch.

I have started using different shaving creams, ones that have moisturizers in them and that does help, but I have still gotten the red spots, they say it’s razor burn

I have been using a fairly cheap bic razor with 5 blades, but after reading some of the comments on here I think I will upgrade to a venus. Of course I am open to other suggestions 😊

Anonymous

I also heard that moisturizing the legs after shaving with aloe Vera or some type of moisturizers help too

Anonymous

Hi.  I have very little hair left on my legs secondary to years of epilating.  Shaving leaves my legs silky smooth and feeling wonderful.  Well worth the discomfort of epilating.  Occasionally I’ve had people make fun of my legs and ask me why I shave.  I simply tell them that I don’t like harry legs.   That’s it.  That usually shuts them up.  Z

I use the Venus for shaving, but I also got a phillips womens electric razor for when I don’t feel like taking the time to shave .

Jessica
      Lady

I think I’m going to go for a rechargable electric razor that my wife and I can share.

Hi Jessica!  I am lucky werein I do not grow much hair on my legs and chest. I use a  Phillips Wet/Dry electric ladies shaver.  It has a clipper type head to make the long hairs much shorter then the 2 shaving heads clip off the rest. Works for me, although if hair is long, best to use blade razor and mens’ shaving creme first. If you keep on top of the hair, then it isn’t so much work.

Lady Veronica

Anonymous

You must be pressing too hard to nick yourself, if you do it in the bath ( using a nice bath foam ) you should be ok. I am lucky though as I have blonde hair and epilate a bit  as that helps.

Mikki
      Lady

I’m using my man razor too. I am not having any problem with cutting my legs yet. What are you using as your shaving lubricant?

I use disposable Venus shaver with Aveno shave gel

Hi , I use Veet.  Smooth it on . Wait 10 minutes and get in the shower with a washer and clean it off. As the ad says, Oh so smooth.

Jessica
        Lady

Does that burn at all?

Patty Phose
        Duchess

I used to use chemical hair removers. They worked very well. The downsides is they took long to work, did not smell good and occasionally I got minor burns from it. I just found every time I took a shower it was easy to soap up my legs and run a slightly dull razor over them.

It’s easy, fast and neat. Still if you never shaved your legs before or haven’t shaved them for a long time and they are pretty hairy,  those chemical hair removers will work very well. It may take a couple of applications to get all the hair off but they will do the job.

Viewing 20 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?