• Creator
    Topic
    Саманта
    Founder
    Registered On: January 21, 2018
    Topics: 611
    Replies: 1580

Welp Dear Sisters, tonight i conquered a Four Year Goal — I attended our local county fair “in fem”.
    It could have been a three year or possibly even a two year goal, if it hadn’t been for the pandemic. Our fair got cancelled one of those years.

Now, have you ever heard the phrase “stayed too late at the fair”? That’s what I think I may have done. So lemme tell ya story, (“come gather round Sisters wherever ye roam”) broken into parts, as I’m still trying to process this experience myself. I’m posting this just in case you’re bored and would like something else to read. If you understand it and relate to it, or found some humor that’s great! If not…sorry, i tried.

————————————–

Be normal and Expose More Skin
    I decided to wear a skater skirt and crop top. That’s Not A Lot Of Clothes and yet at least half the women there were baring more skin than I. Honestly I felt a bit…outcast. Also the boots I decided to wear weren’t really the best choice on the somewhat uneven terrain. I really should’ve thought the foot wear thru a bit better. Bonus!: at one point while i was walking thru the midway I realized the hem of my skirt had somehow gotten caught up with my purse, and that I was very likely walking with More Skin Exposed around back than was appropriate.

There is No Guy
    Somewhere in the back of my mind, i sometimes hope for a Guy. Its the nerdy ones i like, i admit it. See, on this particular evening, I was hoping for Mr. Nerdy Guy so I could brighten his evening by flirting with him. And then maybe a ride on the ferris wheel together Could Happen. As it turns out, the crowd was shockingly sparse, probably on account of some thunderstorms earlier in the evening. I had my choice between high school boys and older, rednecky lookin’ fellas. Not really my cup of tea. As one dear Sister here once wisely said, “The Fantasy Is Better Than The Reality!” oh yea baby i linked that one!!  The highlight of my evening probably, was when a red-headed Teenage Girl asked me to put on a pair of green slat sunglasses (Lord i thought i left those Back In The 80s) and have my picture taken for TikTok.

D@mn that’s a Lot Of Makeup
    I don’t usually wear much makeup, or even a wig ever since I figured out how to make my ever increasingly decreasing hair still work for me. But I sure did tonite, cuz i wanted to Look My Best!  Going forward, I think I’ll save the Lot Of Makeup for the bar, or a wedding if I ever go to one again. That includes the wig too. Good Lord I had forgotten how unforgivingly Hot And Bothered a wig is in the summertime!!

Stayed Too Late At The Fair
    It seems like lately, I’ve been going thru this phase where The Important Things In Life become moreso, and the things that have outlived their Useful Service Life kind of fall away. Two or three years ago, this would’ve been one of the thrillingest things I’d ever done. Tonight?… meh.

She thinks I’m crazy, But I’m Just Growing Old
    I haven’t done anything like this in quite awhile. I became quite comfortable with my nice mundane life during The Pan-dem-ic and I think that’s how I wanna keep it. Although I learned a few important lessons tonight, It’s Nice To Be Home.

And that, Dear Sisters…. is my story about Staying Too Late At The Fair.  Thank you kindly for reading!   🙂

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 30
      Replies: 951

Thank you so much for sharing your story Camahta. And well done you for sharing this wonderful part of you with your community, although you mentioned it is now a bit ‘meh’, you are an inspiration to others perhaps scared to take that giant leap into the outside world. The more we do things like this the more it will be seen as normal behaviour. Maybe you even inspired other men at the fair to try a skater skirt!

B x

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Nancy
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 3, 2020
      Topics: 28
      Replies: 365

Sounds like a wonderful time, I’m jealous! 🙂 Your post is actually quite timely for me, as I’ve been giving some thought to our upcoming state fair. It’s a scary thought though, because the Iowa State Fair is kind of a big deal, like enormous crowds. I know that sometimes it’s easier to blend in when you are in a crowd. But sadly, Iowa is known for its anti-LGBTQ culture and conservative politics. So I think safety and the possibility of running into drunk haters is a valid concern. Not to mention it’s almost a certainty that I will run into people I know.

That being said, I know I always assume/fear the worst, and our worries rarely come to fruition. So, yesterday I stopped in Goodwill, for a little shopping therapy. I got a nice wide belt with jewels in it, and the real treasure, a pair of super cute short shorts! They are the closest thing to Daisy Dukes that I’ve ever bought. Style wise, they have this strip of colorful fabric replacing the denim on the sides, as well as one pocket on the back. Sorry for the bad description, let’s just say they are very feminine and really, really short.

So, I drove to a local bar, but started having second thoughts out in the parking lot. I almost chickened out and went home. But, I’ve done that too many times, so I threw caution to the wind, got out of the car and walked in. It was not busy at all. Sitting at the bar was someone with a beard and masculine looking face, but wearing a short white dress. I didn’t talk to them, but gave them a smile as I got my drink. Pretty soon, they took a backpack to the bathroom, came out in mens clothes, and walked out the door. But just seeing them there made me comfortable. And no one cared how they, or how I, was dressed. It was ok to be me and let my feminine side out for a while.

Nancy

4 users thanked author for this post.
        Саманта
        Managing Ambassador

yea Nancy Indiana has some similar issues & when ya combine that with alcohol it can be concerning…
        in fact, my next goal (also set pre-pandemic) is to conquer a couple straight bars. it may be awhile before i get around to that, beings that i don’t really drink anymore lol

it sounds like you conquered one tho, congrats on that Nancy!!  i also think you could conquer your state fair without much problem beyond the anxiety level, maybe take a day off work & go at a time when the crowds might be a little thinner, i think security is usually pretty good inside events like that… good luck hon!

2 users thanked author for this post.
          Nancy
          Duchess
          Registered On: May 3, 2020
          Topics: 28
          Replies: 365

Well, conquered may be a bit strong of wording. I’ve never actually gone in there fully presenting. But I have gone in wearing short shorts, leggings, my tall boots, etc. This combination of feminine and masculine is kind of my go to look these days. This particular bar is not a gay bar per se, but is very LGBTQ+ friendly. So I would feel fine about putting on my wig and makeup and going in for a drink. Part of the reason I haven’t yet is because one of the regulars there is an old family acquaintance, not that that should matter. FYI, my regular beverage there is Root Beer, as I have to drive a ways to get anyplace. But it’s nice to just be around people, and catch the occasional band, when they aren’t too loud for me. 🙂

Thats a good idea to go to the fair on an off day. I’ll have to give that one some thought.

Nancy

Alicia Sunrise
      Lady
      Registered On: June 3, 2021
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 74

Aww.  Well i never advise straight up throwing caution to the wind, but you shouldn’t worry too much about that I don’t think Alicia.  If it’s something you wanna do.  I live in Indiana, not known to be a very friendly pro lgbtq place.  Some of these people around here scare me.  If i can get away with it you’ve probably got a pretty good chance too.

You’re probably right, I should worry excessively about it. Just go about my business hopefully finding a friend for the night.

Alicia Sunrise
      Lady
      Registered On: June 3, 2021
      Topics: 0
      Replies: 74

That sounds like fun! I worry that the fairs around here are populated by too many intolerant people.

Саманта
        Managing Ambassador

Aww.  Well i never advise straight up throwing caution to the wind, but you shouldn’t worry too much about that I don’t think Alicia.  If it’s something you wanna do.  I live in Indiana, not known to be a very friendly pro lgbtq place.  Some of these people around here scare me.  If i can get away with it you’ve probably got a pretty good chance too.

Olivia Livin
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: October 22, 2018
      Topics: 56
      Replies: 1671

Morny

We live, we laugh, and we learn…repeat. Thats what life is comprised of.

The boys missed out tonite!

Liv

Саманта
        Managing Ambassador

They did.  Its unfortunate for us both.
        Anyway, it wasn’t a bad experience. Just kind of weird. Like my 2018 self met my 2022 self & i felt kinda out of sorts. Ah well there’s always next year eh? 😅
        Lol good morning Liv!

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account

If you don't see the captcha above please disable ad and tracking blockers and reload the page.