Viewing 4 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Aurora Lynne
      Baroness

Hello Girls,

I hope that everyone is doing alright during these ongoing crazy times.

I have been doing a bit of travelling recently, having been to see my daughters who live in B.C.

I travelled as  Aurora (I am always Aurora anyway, no matter how I dress) and, on my overnight stop on the way there I booked into a hotel in Merrit. The hotel has a swimming pool and there were loads of teenagers around both in and outside of the pool area. I observed as I unloaded my suitcases from the car and, even though I had to walk right through the middle of one group, not one of them took any notice. This, to me, was a very good sign as it meant that to them I was just an older lady heading for her room.

The next day, again I set off as Aurora taking the ferry to Vancouver Island. Later that same evening, I arrived at my daughter’s house wearing one of my skirt outfits. Her comments were along the lines of that I looked pretty good but needed a better wig… which I now have. Although I did not spend all my time on the Island dressed (as we say) it was good to have the acceptance of my daughter.

On my way back to Alberta, I stayed for a couple of nights at my daughter’s house in the Kooteneys, however, although she also knows about my preference for feminine clothing, I arrived wearing guy clothes. She had, however, told me to wear whatever felt comfortable to me, so maybe next time I will do that.

All in all it was a very good trip and I made it at the right time. I don’t know if it has been on the news worldwide, but recently the lower mainland of B .C., Vancouver Island and the Gulf Islands experienced a record breaking torrential downpour that also impacted Washington State. Almost every road I drove on suffered major damage, Merrit was evacuated and Vancouver and Hope were isolated from the rest of the Province. Of course, there is a lot more to it than that.

Regarding the title of this blog, a few days ago I had a really uplifting experience. I went into town to do a few errands… and to go for lunch, of course… and pulled into a parking spot between two SUVs. Anyway, I could see that I had pulled in a bit too close to the one on my right, so my intention was to reverse out and then come back in with more even space on each side. As I put the car into reverse, a woman and her children emerged from the SUV on my left, so I immediately stopped the car and put it back into park. (I have been practicing make-up, by the way and my wig is shoulder-length, auburn and wavey). Well, the mother of the children caught my eye, put out a restraining arm and indicated that I should proceed. “Let this lady back up,” she said to her children. Then, looking at me again and again indicating that I should proceed, repeated, “Let this lady back up.”

Well, I backed out slowly but, instead of doing as I intended, I just pulled out altogether and let the mother and children go about their business. Meanwhile, feeling well-chuffed (as is said in England) I went to look for another parking spot.

As you can imagine, this has really boosted my confidence. 🙂

Hugs,

Aurora Eden

Anonymous

Hi Aurora,

sounds like a nice trip! I’m glad you were able to make it in and out of our province with all the highway closures. When you said your hotel in Merrit had swimming a pool I thought you’d misspoke and meant to say your ‘hotel in Merrit was a swimming pool’.

— Abbie 🥰

Aurora Lynne
        Baroness

Hi Abbie,

I arrived home before all that rain hit. The motel I stayed at in Merrit probably did become a swimming pool. As you know, the city was evacuated.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

A lovely experience Aurora.  We girls make safer drivers as we are always checking the mirror….

Aurora,

What a wonderful adventure.
      Being accepted by your daughters too is the cherry on top!

Planning your next trip already, are you?
      Thanks for sharing.
      -joanne

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Very cool Aurora. Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Liara

Viewing 4 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?