• This topic has 7 replies, 5 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by J J.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

My wife and I celebrated an anniversary last night. Seven years to the day of our first date, the best date ever! We went to a whiskey bar for our first date, as we share a fascination for single malts. So last night we thought it would be fun to check out the whiskey bar in our neighborhood that we had mysteriously never been to. My wife was having a mani/pedi with a friend, and we were to meet at the whiskey bar after. I had a couple of hours after dropping them off, plenty of time to clean up, pick an outfit, do my hair and makeup and walk down the hill. I got home to discover we were somehow locked out. So locked out that I had to call a locksmith (a story of it’s own, I’ll spare you). So my prep time disappeared and my wife returned home just as the locksmith got us back into the house. She was disappointed that she wouldn’t be going out with Nikki, but it was fine. It wasn’t fine with me, though. I quickly dressed in my leopard print pants and a pink mock turtleneck, some basic makeup (powder, eyes, lipstick), put my hair up and off we went, undeterred. The whiskey bar kinda sucked. They were clearly not used to nonbinary types like me, and we got some annoying stares from the clientele, but nothing to spoil our own good vibe. I think they were just curious. The staff warmed up to us pretty quickly and everything was fine, but we didn’t stay long. It wasn’t our scene, and it was larcenously expensive even for a scotch bar. No ready to retire, we stopped into our local on the way home. I’ve been there en femme a few times but not in a while, so we made quite a splash. We have lots of friends in that crowd and when they heard we were celebrating an anniversary they decided to celebrate with us. There were a few folks that hadn’t seen me en femme before but they all just rolled with it, and I got so many hugs from all of our gg friends. The support I’ve gotten from women while out en femme is always so amazing and one of my favorite parts of being Nikki in the world. At one point during the night my wife mentioned that her friend is planning a ladies brunch next weekend and she invited Nikki! I was so touched! She’s seen Nikki before, even came with us to my Sephora makeover, and is a big ally. I have an adventurous spirit in general, and being Nikki is one grand adventure!

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

Wow!  That’s such a cool story Nikki.  Makin’ lemonade when life hands you a bunch of lemons.  So happy for you that it all worked out and you had a great experience.  Happy Anniversary!  Congrats!

Emily

Thanks so much, Emily! I look forward to catching up again next time you’re in town!

Emily Alt
          Managing Ambassador

Same here.   Been meaning to reach out.  I’ll be in touch.

Anonymous

Despite a few hiccups,it seems you had a great anniversary. Hope to hear more about the brunch!

Nikki –

Happy Anniversary.  Sounds like you had a lovely evening.  How nice that you were invited to brunch, have fun when you go.  You’ll have to share that experience with us.

XOXO
      Suzanne

Nikki –

Happy Anniversary.  Sounds like you had a lovely evening.  How nice that you were invited to brunch, have fun when you go.  You’ll have to share that experience with us.

XOXO
      Suzanne

J J
      Lady

Glad you didn’t let anybody spoil your night out and it ended on a such a happy note.

I like your comment about being curious, and think that sums up a lot of what we perceive as negative responses. Many (most?) people just do not understand what we do and certainly not why…many of us don’t know why. I do feel many people are curious and hence the “rude” stares.  Living in coastal California I see many people with alternate lifestyles, and I have to admit I am always curious and do pay attention (but hopefully I do not stare.)

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?