• This topic has 14 replies, 15 voices, and was last updated 4 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 14 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Caty Ryan
      Baroness

Hello lovely CDH ladies

It has been a common thread on this site where we “gender diverse” folks love to have matching lingerie, especially bra and panty sets. “Some of us do, and some of us dont”

But what has intrigued me in the two lovely decades I’ve been with my partner is how she does not worry about matching her underwear. Black bra, white singlet, nude panty etc etc

Now given we all try to emulate the feminine image as much as possible and in my mind at least, that includes matching and coordinating everything from lingerie on the inside to jewellery on the outside, I have always found this to be a little strange.

Maybe cos given my beloved and I are both past the “3 score and 10”, she cant be bothered anymore and I’m certainly not going to ask her if she used to “match” things in her younger years.. (We work on the DADT principle in this house)

So maybe we can have comments from both gender sides of this topic.

Happy dressing

Caty.

I sort of understand why GG’s can be so casual about their lingerie matching.  When I am working outside in the yard or doing some heavy house cleaning, I wear the oldest bra and panty I can find when changing to get started.

On the other hand, when I am just relaxing around the house or going out for errands and whatever else I can get up to, I have a definite need for my lingerie to match, as well as my jewelry, nails, makeup, etc.

My sister had few qualms about parading in front of me in her undies, probably since we shared a bedroom until she was 12 and I was 10.  She would seldom have matching sets, except for the Underoos in the late 60’s.  Now, when she getting dressed for a date, everything matched.  Go figure.

PaulaF

Hi Caty !

Thanks for this interesting topic

While she was dressing one day last week, my wife and I had a conversation about how she feels about matching. Mainly she doesn’t try to match so much as she tries to not clash. If she’s wearing a black bra she reaches for a dark colored thong. She favors darker colors in general but purple on top, blue on the bottom is fine by her.

I don’t feel the need to match. Looking at my “wardrobe” it’s easy to see why. I don’t have a lot of female clothes but the one thing I do have a lot of is panties. Lots of different colors and patterns. Many of which I would have to shop special to get a match and I don’t have enough “stash” room for that many matching items.

Hugs

Autumn

Anonymous

I’m not out to my SO but I do know she doesn’t match anything, socks included.  Matching is important to me because I always want to be “best dressed”.  Plus, every ad I’ve ever seen, they always match (huge selling point, if you need a bra you always need panties too, right?).
      Thanks, Caty

Anonymous
      Lady

Hi Caty

For a very long time my wife’s bras and panties did largely match because with just a couple of exceptions she only had white in both and her panties would be the basic full brief ones in multi pack from the grocery superstores. Strangely since she discovered my interest in wearing panties ( which as far as she is concerned has ceased ) she has started purchasing coloured panties with lace but no matching bras although she does have a couple of beige bras. To ask any question about the changes may invite questions in the opposite direction.

Rachel

I’m of a mind that from when they were budding newbies the gg’s worked a little harder at trying to be attractive and sexy, so probably spent the extra cash and time it took to have matching sets. The newness, excitement and compliments of it all wore off and they got a little complaciant once they met you (the man of their dreams). Its relatively new to us, probably still garners comments, and how we see ourselves is still very important. So we still dress to impress, good on us!

Hi there, for me it is easier to have matching sets so i dont need to worry about it each morning when im getring ready for work. However, said that on my days off i dont really care if it matches or dont. My gf is rather the same as me if it cones to matching.

Anonymous

Sometimes I match sometimes I don’t but I try to pick colors that work well together. And I mix and match. Have no problem with white jeans and a black top and black lingerie under both. Or pink. It depends. Sometimes I’ll wear all white or black or red. And sometimes I’ll wear red lingerie under black or vice versa especially if there’s a little bit showing. I just don’t do colors that completely clash

Patty Phose
      Duchess

When I got my own place at 18, I began acquiring the fem wardrobe items I had wanted so badly for so long. I desperately wanted matching bra and panty sets. I bought several of them and so loved wearing them. But I also noticed some very pretty and sexy panties and bras that didn’t match. I had to have them too. They were wonderful on their own.

Now today if I see a sexy matching bra an panty set I will get it because I have to have it. But I often see wonderful panties and fabulous bras that don’t have a match. I have to have them too.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Caty, well my wife is not much of a help. She never wears a bra. I have over 30 bras of all styles and she has 0. So matching means nothing to her. I do have some matching bra-panty sets but many more others that don’t match. I tend to at least match colors most of the time but I’m not going to lose sleep over it if they don’t match. I do match the color of my lacy slips with the panties.
      Being retired, I change clothes probably five or six times a day depending on what activity I’m doing. My SO knows about me being a CD and basically turns a blind eye to it (as long as I don’t overdo it in front of her – she sees me everyday in leggings, women’s socks, slippers, bra, panties, and an androgynous top). She lets me know when I cross her boundaries and hates it when I pass for female when we are out and about (which happens almost every time in restaurants). I guess that’s why we don’t go out to eat very often. All the Best,
      Hugs, Krista

Lea
      Lady

While my lingerie drawer is impeccably organized, my wife’s drawer looks like it was robbed. My wife doesn’t match bras/panties…her reasoning, it’s too much effort to find in her drawer, costs too much to match, and sees no benefit. I wonder if the only women who bother matching are those in early steps of impressing in a relationship.

I don’t have any exactly matching bra and panty sets but do like to have the colors to match and shop with that in mind. I have purchased for my wife some very expensive matching sets but they no longer fit and she doesn’t want to spend that much money anymore and goes for comfort over pretty!! I just love the look though and wish I could actually justify the cost of the sets for myself.  I just like to coordinate my complete outfit from panties to jewelry. Silky panties just make me feel sexy…Stephanie

Anonymous

Caty,

I would like to have matching sets, BUT other than one pocket bra, mine are sized for the real “me” (essentially IBTC), whereas my panties are all large or xl, and the ones I found which are comfortable for me and the boys only seem to exist in black.

When I buy bras and panties, I always try to buy a matching set/style from the same brand name; as long as the bra isn’t too high priced. If I’m unable to achieve this, I still make sure the color matches for any bra and panty combo I wear.

Anonymous

When I buy lingerie I always try to match bra and panties, when my wife buys her’s she just buys for comfort, she has large breast’s so she will buy a bra for the bigger lady, her panties are bought for comfort too and it doesn’t matter if they match up, we are both mature people but she doesn’t dress her age she only buys clothes that she feels comfortable in x

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?