Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hope I can share this here.

since Catherine’s has closed all its stores, I’ve been wanting a new bra. But I can’t have one shipped home. I live on Long Island , and where there are plus size stores for ladies, they don’t carry bigger bras for me. I google searched “lingerie stores Long Island New York”. Came up with a few. Closest one was in merrick, about 40 minutes from me. I called and explained my situation. She said she wanted to help , but can’t measure me over the phone lol. I drove down to her shop yesterday, cite lil store, some super sexy lingerie there too. We chatted for a bit and she said she would measure me. I came up 56/58 in the chest( yes I’m a big gurl). She obviously didn’t have anything bigger then a 48 in the store. She asked if I had fillers for the cups or how do I wear my other ones? Just me filling the cups I joked. She broke out her catalogs….. yes catalogs not google search. Lol. Showed me a few that came in my size, then called the salesman ….. yep…. actual lingerie salesman! Told him what we were looking for and said he can ship out a few for Monday. After that we chatted and she asked what else I wore, I said some baby dolls from lane Bryant , and panties too. Some times I buy from hips and curves online cause they have bigger sizes and sexy stuff. Torrid for tights and some panties too. A little more small talk and off I went. Super cool woman and great old school store. Wish she had bigger sizes in panties too.

Now that you have the measurement out of the way,try Janets Closet.

Debbie w

Anonymous

Gina find out if there is a Torrid store near you, they carry very large sizes, I shop there often and the girls are always making me go into the fitting rooms and try what I or they have picked out. They give me choices and critique how I look and it fits, that is the most wonderful feeling having someone I can trust. I am an outgoing person and do my best to make the salesgirls my friends, I have been able to be friends with Lane Bryant and Torrid and while it was still open Catherines.

As to the mail problem, have you thought about getting a mailbox at the PO?

Good luck,

Hi Gina,

There is one of those old fashioned lingerie ‘stores’ near me also.  It is actually in this sweet woman’s converted garage (double car originally) and is done quite nicely.  She has a nice stack of catalogs for the lingerie lines she buys from, as well as working with a local seamstress who can make any adjustments needed.

I love our Torrid store very much and those girls just seem to be able to talk me into spending a little more than I always plan to, but it is win/win both ways.  Our Catherine’s and Lane Bryant were located side by side in one of the strip malls and I was truly saddened when I went by to see the Catherine’s already shut down and empty.  I have begun to use Kohl’s more now than in the past and am still learning their lines, but am quite satisfied with the service there.

PaulaF

Emily
      Lady

Gotta love a successful shopping excursion!

Jessica, there is a torrid I visit, for tights and dresses. Their bras only go to 52, and not in store. Online only.

Hi Gina,

Great to hear you were successful finding a bra in a large band size.  If there is a UPS Store nearby they have PO Boxes for deliveries.  The post Office rents boxes too since home delivery is not an option.

Just My Size has large sized panties and is part of Hanes Brands.   Torrid  carries panties in larger sizes too.

Alice

Hi Gina.Sounds like a nice store.I live in Suffolk county.I found some nice stores to shop in.I like Rainbow in Centereach and Jewel beauty supply in Patchogue.Im going to have to give Closet one a visit.I love to shop.

Patty Phose
      Duchess

I dressed and partied a lot in college. After college I didn’t dress for over 20 years. When I began again, my cross dressing restart really took off with a lingerie shop. Long Island seems to be pretty decent for cross dressing. Check out Femme Fever if you haven’t already.

Anonymous

I enjoy shopping at lingerie stores so much fun .

I agree about the comment on the sales girls at Torrid and Lane Bryant. They have always been very understanding and outgoing towards me. So much so that they end up talking me into more than I planned on buying!

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?