Viewing 6 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Jennifer Gill
      Baroness - Annual

I have tried applying lipstick and not wonderfully ( need more practice). but the biggest issue I have is getting it to last. it only last a very short period to almost coming off immediately. I tried a applying a lip gloss over it but it started bothering my lips. what do you recommendI do and is there a way to make it last 4 or more ours?

Jecca Blac
      Professional

Hi there,

Thanks for getting in touch! 🙂

So, actually a lot of people don’t know that lip gloss needs to stay wet and shiny, but the oils in the gloss often times break down the makeup in the lipstick, causing it to last even less time than without gloss. Gloss will cause the product to melt away so best to leave it as a matte formulas and don’t put a gloss over it, even though we know how fun that can be!

If you take the lipstick out with you, so that you can reapply it whenever you need to/notice that it has started to fade – the action of reapplying can be similar to applying gloss!

I hope that helps, don’t hesitate to reach out if you need anymore assistance! 🙂

Jennifer Gill
      Baroness - Annual

can you provide a tutorial on applying lipstick. maybe I am doing it wrong. I have looked at one’s online and done some of them yet by the time I get done the lipstick has either come off in areas or looks like I barely put any on.

Trish White
      Baroness

Hi Jennifer, there are a lot of lipsticks out there that are called ‘semi permanent’ and it stays on for along time and once applied it doesn’t come off on glasses and stuff and it won’t come off even if you touch it with your hands. I bought some from Nix and before I put it on my lips I tried some on my hand. I found out that vaseline will remove it no problem and it took the lipstick off my hand fairly easily. So that may be something you could try. Let me know how it works for you if you do.

cheers,

Trish

I have been using Revlon Colorstay lipstick for years with fairly good luck. I learned long ago that while lip-gloss looks sexy as hell it plays havoc on lipstick funny enough. I have also found that if you put foundation on your lips the same time you are doing your face will also help. Another trick is to cover your lips entirely with lipliner. It too adds a base.

I normally use Lancome and it lasts really well. Originally used the low cost drug store products and found it did not last long at all. I’ve also used the Revlon Colorstay which works great too.

Sandy

Unless you go with permanent makeup/lipstick, I’ve come to the conclusion that lipstick will come off, but some brands come off alot easier than others.

I do agree with jecca, matte finishes seem to stay on much better than gloss lipsticks.  I have a wonderful NYX red gloss liquid lipstick, but I seldom use it as it comes off really easy.

My go to is maybelline superstay matte ink.  I find it is relatively inexpensive, great for the budget concious, and it really does stay on quite well.  I’ve eaten foods and such and while it will come off, it still remains more or less in place at the end of the day.  It really stains.

Covergirl used to make a really good lipstick and is hard to get off.  Even using makeup wipes it some of it still remains on my lips.  Unfortunatley they stopped make it and the new covergirl lipsticks rub off easily.

Viewing 6 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Professional Makeup Advice’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?