• This topic has 14 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Carla.
Viewing 10 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

How do you know what color lipstick is the perfect color for you?

I always go with matte red and on occasion add gloss over!!  I find that to be the most sexy!

Hi Annaleigh nice to meet you  as for me im a reds girl just love them many shades  my easyest way to tell is to look into a mirror with plenty of light and use your own judgement as if it lools good with skin color and hair  also depending on other makeup foundation and shadows just play sweety you will know ..

Stephanie Bass

Anonymous

I adore red lippy its beautiful and very sexy too

Anonymous

Have any of you used the Maybelline virtual try on feature?

Anonymous

It helps if you know your undertone.

If you area warm undertone and pick a red-blue lipstick it can look off.

I use Maybelline Sensational Lipstick. The colours are good for any undertone.

As one makeup artist said ..”There are no rules in makeup but there is theory.”

So if you find a colour you like go for it.

Also watch the colour of blush you apply. It is best if it is in the same colour family as your lipstick.

Hugs

Jessica

Anonymous

For looking feminine, Lipstick is right up there my darlings, silky, smooth, sexy….and bright!

There’s a zillion colours, so until you hit ” your colour”…try them all !!!

Gosh, how many excuses does a girl need???

Grace xx

Ok so here is the fun part for a new girly girl. Go to like Macys and visit their cosmetics counter. I ususay go to Clinique because the girls there treat me nicely. Ask them to get your colors done for you. They will find the right foundation and blush colors for you and also assist in finding color for your lids and lashhes. Then ask them for suggestions for lipstick colors. The cosmetician usually puts a bit of lipstick on mmy wrists and once you pick one they will get you a tube and you can apply it right there. Fun isnt it.

I think the “Perfect Color” is the one you love the most. I have a ton of lipsticks and I still don’t think I found me signature one but most of the fun is trying them all.

Cynthia

You’ll just know! Your heart rate goes up, you look, you love, you buy!

-SR-

[postquote quote=428564]
      I like bright red when dressing and feeling real sexy and a shade down when just feeling sexy and femme

Carla
        Lady

Oh yes, me too x

Anonymous

Match it with your ‘natural’ complexion. Also chose a colour which compliments – but also – an opposite to your eye colour…

Anonymous

I suspect the overwhelming color of preference is red, as it is with me. I have tried some wilder colors, like purple, for fun, but ultimately it all boils  down to 1) what do you like, 2) what kind of look are you striving to achieve and 3) see if it looks good on you in a well lit mirror. Lately I’ve been trying more subdued colors for everyday wear… and some type of gloss always adds to the look.

Viewing 10 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Fashion Beauty & Makeup’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?