Viewing 12 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Diana W
      Lady

So I was at my thrift shop, where I’m a manager, today.  A guy who looked in his 50’s brought his donations in.  I gave him a tax claim form.  His response?  Thanks, baby, you’re a doll.”  And he walked away.  Bearing in mind I’m not currently on HRT or going through any kind of transition that was a hell of a validation.  I was wearing a blouse and necklace, blue eye shadow and light makeup.  I’m not into men at all but that moment just made me melt!

Jes T
      Lady

A nice compliment is always good to receive, glad it makes you happy and hope you get to receive more!

Anonymous

Congrats Diana such a lovely compliment sounded like a perfect gentlemen.

Hugs

Donna

wishing you many more in future.

Good for you girl so happy for you keep it going you deserve them all..

Stephanie

Isn’t it just wonderful when we aren’t even fishing for compliments and they come unexpectedly. It shows that we are comfortable as a woman and are accepted as such. You have it locked in and have received the confirmation. So happy for you!

Beth

Paula
      Lady

Validation in any form is makes one feel great!

Anonymous

Diana.

I think it’s wonderful that one comment can make you “glow” all day…even longer.

It takes seconds and there could and should be so much more of it…I’m glad your job is going so well…..

Huggs, grace xx

Anonymous
      Lady

The guy was either a CD himself or a CD admirer. He may come again and you can strike up a conversation.

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Most thrift/charity shops have women workers so you were probably what he expected to see and treated you accordingly. Those lovely moments are to be treasured and a reassurance that you are a lady.

I think that is why I have always been attracted to older gentlemen, courteous behavior, at least in public.  *wink, wink*

Eye contact with a smile, a nod in your direction, a compliment or a “Good day.”, even a tip of the hatoccaisionally.

Older men just have it.

PaulaF

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Paula F.
        Krisy
        Lady

I just googled “hatoccaisionally”, and the penny dropped as I was typing it 😳😁

Krisy

Xx

Good catch.  Sometimes my touch on the space bar isn’t heavy enough and I don’t catch it.

PaulaF

Krisy
            Lady

I never like to draw attention to typo’s, we all do it and it’s part of using a forum, never an issue. Except in this case I just didn’t notice it and thought it was a new word I hadn’t come across. There are so many that appear on forums I seem to be constantly looking them up. (I would definitely tip my hat if I wore one 😃)

Krisy

Xx

I have come to the conclusion that Word Correct really doesn’t.   I usually catch them before I hit enter, but I missed that one.

PaulaF

Wonderful!!!!!
      💖

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

That is fantastic! Isn’t it wonderful how something like that can make your day. Bask in those moments

Hugs Lara

Rosiebeth
      Lady

That’s the best compliment a girl can get!   I love it when the waiter says” what can I get you ma’am “.  TeeHee.  Makes a girl feel really special inside or when a man holds the door for you and says “ after you ma’am “.
      it’s a great feeling!

hugs

Rosiebeth.

Viewing 12 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?