Viewing 7 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Stacy Ann May
      Duchess

Okay, I went out fully dressed last Friday night. There was a Pride event here in Atlanta, Georgia (we have Pride in October for some reason), and I went downtown and walked among the LGBTQ folks for a few brief minutes in the late afternoon. I had on black flats, hose, a black midi skirt, a black top with red and yellow butterfly patterns. It was my first time wearing my new breast forms as well. I had on minimal eye makeup only and my own longish hair instead of a wig.

I’m sure I didn’t come close to passing, but it was technically my first time out fully dressed in public. Honestly I think of it as being 75% of the way out, since I was still surrounded by LGBTQ-friendly folks. I’m kind of amazed that I did it at all, since I often chicken out of these types of things when it’s time for the rubber to meet the road.

But that’s not even what this post is about. The little victory I’m thinking about even more than my first time out happened earlier in the day while I dressed in drab.

I went to Claire’s jewelry store at the mall that afternoon and shopped for clip-on earrings. The Genetic Girl salesperson helped me out and was very friendly. I picked out some silver hoops and some largish diamond looking earrings. Right before I checked out, she told me there was a mirror on the side wall if I wanted to try them on first. So, I did! I walked over to the mirror, clipped the jeweled ones onto my earlobes, and checked myself out.

Looking good!

It was just the tiniest little gesture on the salesperson’s part, but it made me feel great that she knew I was buying the earrings for myself. And it was so nice of her to invite me to try them on in the store even though I was in drab.

That’s it! Just a little tiny thing, but it still makes me smile to think about it!

What you describe seems similar to my own experience at Pride back in June. I knew I was going into a friendly atmosphere, but I was so nervous. But after a few minutes, I felt totally at home. I was wearing a 70’s sort of dress with this wild design and it seemed a bit risque for the length and a plunging neckline (tamed with a camisole bra). It felt so glorious to be in a dress, outdoors, and to be seen for who I am!

Hello Stacy Ann; Thank you for sharing and congrats on your first dressed Pride event. It’s great that your experience at Claire’s was so accepting and non-judgmental. I need clip-on earrings and they can be difficult to find. I might need to check my local Claire’s.

Anonymous

Congratulations Stacy Ann!  What a super day for you. Your courage helps us all be a little more courageous.

Hi Stacy Ann,

Thank-you for sharing!  Congratulations on your Big steps!  I too am always looking for clip on earrings so might have to check out Claire’s.

Alice

Michelle Liefde
      Ambassador

Agreed, it is the little victories that can mean so very much, especially for those of us still working up the nerve to purchase either in drab or fab.  Thanks for sharing Stacy, you rock!

Hugs,

Michelle

Anonymous

Little victories are such big, positive steps!

I was walking along the seafront one morning, during the summer, in full femme, but no makeup, in a lovely long white Broderie Anglaias dress and trainers (so there, fashion police!).

All of a sudden, I heard a voice: “F*** h***, bro, is that a man or a woman?”.

A second voice said, “Uhhhhh, that’s a man, bro”.

“F*** me!!” came the reply.

To me, that was a small victory just because there was an edge of uncertainty about my gender!

When I look in the mirror, there’s no doubt, but I still like the look better than any male look I’ve ever created.

Small victories rule!

Love Laura

Dear Stacy,

So pleased for you, both for having the courage to try on the earrings and for going out dressed for the march.

I’m sure that it will be a day that you remember forever.

Hugs

Sophie

Viewing 7 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?