• This topic has 19 replies, 13 voices, and was last updated 3 years ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 11 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Anonymous

Okay ladies…

Yesterday in England, shops, pubs and hairdressers opened….plus a few other things…oh dear!!

I say oh dear, because, maybe I was expecting too much, but….oh dear.

I spent the afternoon walking round town, trying every barber….all booked or queues of stupid length…okay it’s to be expected, but…oh dear.

In the evening, every pub was just the same…only allowed to serve drinks outside. Queues or all booked… horrendous queue’s.

I finally managed to get in…and ended up having to sit in a freezing garden, stuck to a certain table, served by a masked waiter….that’s not a pub, in fact, it’s more appealing sitting in my lounge….and bloody warmer!!!.

There was no interaction ( understandable because of the way the law is at the moment), I saw people I know, but couldn’t talk to, so no conversation, no music, no games. no fun…….and no atmosphere…..basically, no point.

Having a pint of beer is nice, but it’s not THAT nice….

That’s me done….until we are all vaccinated and back to a more normal life….oh dear!!!!

Deflated grace ❤️💐❤️

Anonymous

I once worked with a guy who grew up in a rural area and down a dirt road was a bar made out of plywood. It was always open. I bet you could get a pint there and sit inside. Only thing is, you might be sitting next to a raccoon!

Anonymous

Eva…that’s so funny. 😂🤣😂🤣😂🤣

To be honest, I assumed this was going to be the case and hence I didn’t even bother attempting to go anywhere or do anything.  I am being overly cautious anyway and had planned to continue just as I am until I’ve had my second jab which will obviously mean more people would have had their first.  With the announcement of the over 40’s coming up this week, hopefully the majority of my friends would be in a good position in the not-too-distant future.

I think Boris was perhaps being a little over optimistic in his “Be Responsible” speech.  The exponential surge in cases last summer and autumn proved that was going to be a tall order.

I am looking forward to going to a wine bar and enjoying some nice food with friends as much as the next, but I accept I’m probably a few months off that.

Was looking forward to going back to the cinema, but read yesterday lots of films I was interested in have had yet another push back in release dates.

So I’ll continue with my home cinema and the wine fridge in the kitchen.

Love Rachel

I totally get what you are describing Grace.

In early march our lockdown eased somewhat, slightly more capacity for restaurant eat in (only with people in your own bubble, so no eating with friends, … or anyone outside your bubble), gyms opening, higher capacity for stores, … then infection rates climbed and now back to lockdown.

Restaurants are take out/delivery only, gyms closed, stores are open but at a much reduced capacity.

Oh, Grace… you poor thing! Here’s something to lift your spirits! I had sneaky peek at your pics and…
      Wow! What a gorgeous woman you are! I am in love with you already though my wife says “hang on a bit darling Polly”!

You are such a fabulous image of a spunky woman!

Pervy Polly

Anonymous

Dear Pervy Polly……

you HAVE lifted my spirits, what a simply gorgeous thing for you to say…I’m so happy I could queue up for a haircut….well, maybe I’m not that happy…but joking apart….

thank you so very much xxxx.

red faced, grace xx

Anonymous

Well as much as I hate queing I decided to queue up for a hair cut for over an hour simply because my natural grey was getting a bit too long to be fully concealed by Ginny’s blonde bob.

Anonymous

Ginny…

sometimes, no matter what, things just HAVE to be done x

Dawn Wyvern
      Managing Ambassador

You  can’t rush a good job – so give it time and we’ll get there

Hugs

Dawn

Krista
      Duchess

Good Morning Princess Grace, my goodness, your partial lockdown easing sounds a lot like our partial lockdown that just went into effect a few days ago.  But we have establishments that are refusing to go back to partial lockdown and quite a few members of our ruling Conservative party are bucking the leader’s decision.  And despite all the vaccinations, our active cases are increasing by leaps and bounds due to the variants (and probably the Easter holidays).  Makes for interesting times and keeps the Royal Canadian Mounted Police very busy when Provincial Health Services asks them to intervene (which luckily is not as often as it could be).

In dealing with this, I’ve been keeping my expectations really low.  That way, I’m not disappointed when it fails.  Now fortunately, my wife and I are not really into going out to pubs and restaurants (if you recall we stopped going out a couple of years ago because I kept getting called Ma’am and my SO hates it that I’m frequently misgendered for female).  As long as I keep buying her chocolate and yogurt she’s happy.  Last evening, I’m BBQd a steak for her and she was very happy (I had to shovel snow off of my back deck to get to the BBQ – it is supposed to get very warm by the end of the week). I digress as usual.

Despite the letdown, things are getting better.  It will still be awhile yet but hang in there girl.  Lots of Hugs, Krista.

Anonymous

Krista…..

Once again, your tales involving snow have made me smile, thank you xx

Mandy Wife
      Baroness

The hairdresser’s up in Scotlandshire are all booked up for months as well – so Penny had to help give me (another) haircut at the weekend 😁

Pubs and restaurants not open until the 26th April here, but we are allowed to travel within Scotland from Friday provided we can get back home without an overnight stay, and meet up in 6 people from 6 households outside as well so that will be fab for getting out on the bikes again and meeting up with friends over a flask of tea!

Anonymous

Grace that sounded like a test of endurance, I share your view on the pub I will wait until we can get a drink in comfort. I am lucky my wife cuts my hair or though I was hoping she would put it in rollers.

Cheers Sarah xxx

Hi Grace,

So sorry to hear your pub outing was such a disappointment.

Alice

Leslie
      Lady

Grace so sorry to hear it was such a bust.

The SO and I are both fully vaccinated and the last was over two weeks ago. So with the slight easing of lockdown here we went to our favorite Greek restaurant and actually got to sit inside. It was strange usually the place is packed, but while we were there there was only one other couple. Since neither of us drink so the bars opening is a big deal, though I am looking forward to the drag clubs opening (secret guilty desire). But I really am looking forward to getting my hair styled. Actually it is getting long enough and wavy enough that with a little work it would look pretty good. But I like the guy who styles my hair and could use the time talking with him (another secret guilty pleasure).
      Leslie

• This reply was modified 3 years ago by Leslie.
        Anonymous

Leslie…

We all need pleasure in our lives…but aren’t guilty ones the best!!!!???

Grace x

I think if I’d had 5 pints in a British pub, I’d need help too. Off the floor in a corner where I’d passed out.

Bridgette

Anonymous

Steph….

“5 pints of cider had made her legs wobbly”…..

You don’t say!!!!!!!!

Anonymous

Nor me Genevieve they can keep their queues.

Viewing 11 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?