• Creator
    Topic
    Celeste Starre
    Participant
    Registered On: June 26, 2018
    Topics: 34
    Replies: 844

I’m sure I’m not alone there as we just usually have longer arms than most women.  There are places that sell clothes designed for tall women like Long Tall Sally etc. but sometimes even their blouses could use a bit more.  My best luck with L.T.S has been a couple of really cute leather biker jackets with one in brown and the other black. They were both perfect.

Anyway I was wandering around at Amazon recently when I came across this blouse. Based on the pics either the model had very short arms or the sleeves were extra long. The chart with the measurements indicated extra long sleeves so I ordered the black one. It arrived today and the sleeves are indeed long enough. If any are interested just type Hanna Nikole Blouse in Amazons search and you should find this one plus a few more.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • Author
    Replies
      Emily Alt
      Duchess - Annual
      Registered On: August 24, 2019
      Topics: 11
      Replies: 496

I think in general women have shorter arms than males.  I’ve had to go up a size on some items so the sleeves a long enough.  With oversize sweaters and some casual tops it’s not a big deal.  But some stuff doesn’t look right and has to go back.

2 users thanked author for this post.
      Celeste Starre
      Lady

Just out of curiosity I looked for it on Ebay. Found it but it was a lot more expensive there than Amazon.

Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 95

Were there color options other than black? Or was black the only option?

Celeste Starre
        Lady

Also available in white.

Lisa Smith
      Baroness
      Registered On: December 9, 2020
      Topics: 3
      Replies: 28

I have the same problem as Charlotte… hairy arms that I can’t really shave for several reasons. Long sleeve blouses and dresses are preferred but finding such with an acceptable length is a challenge, although bangles and bracelets can alleviate that issue somewhat. I trimmed my arm hair shorter so that it’s not so obvious but it’s still long enough that it doesn’t draw attention to that. I’ll have to look at the Sleevy Wonder as an alternative, so thank you Celeste! That sounds like it also might be an answer to how to disguise my upper chest/neck area when wearing dresses with a plunging neckline, which is an altogether different issue.

Thanks, Lisa

1 user thanked author for this post.
      Lily-Rose Nielsen
      Duchess
      Registered On: November 2, 2020
      Topics: 6
      Replies: 166

Hi

For me it’s the other way around. Most sleeves are too long. I’m only 5’3 and built like a man so I have to size up for the torso. That makes the sleeves too long and the dresses too long as well.

Hugs
      Lily-Rose

3 users thanked author for this post.
      Regine Rich
      Princess
      Registered On: October 9, 2020
      Topics: 21
      Replies: 610

I have this same “knuckle dragging the ground” issue, and Im trying to find coats, with long sleeves, not an easy find, without going 3 sizes up.
      Regi.

Celeste Starre
      Lady

Here’s another on that I found on ebay that looks and seems to have extra long sleeves. It’s coming from China so will be awhile before I know for sure.

https://www.ebay.com/itm/ZANZEA-Women-V-Neck-Lantern-Sleeve-Shirt-Tops-Loose-Office-Ladies-Casual-Blouse/203075792965?ssPageName=STRK%3AMEBIDX%3AIT&var=503305221775&_trksid=p2060353.m2749.l2648

Deborah Sullivan
      Duchess
      Registered On: February 27, 2020
      Topics: 2
      Replies: 534

I am glad others are aware of this as well. I prefer a blouse covering my wrist or it looks like its a size too small or maybe a hand me down. The longer the sleeve the better. Oh BTW I love the blouse you chose Celeste its very fem and girlie. It can go with so many outfits

5 users thanked author for this post.
      stephanie plumb
      Baroness - Annual
      Registered On: November 17, 2018
      Topics: 135
      Replies: 1675

I will check this out.    My knuckles almost drag along the ground if I walk with my manly stoop.  As a lady however, with a nice straight back, they are only a little overlong.  Three quarter sleeves?  Who are they kidding!

6 users thanked author for this post.
      Anonymous
      Registered On:
      Topics: 58
      Replies: 1713

Hi Celeste…

If I am not actually buying in store where you can check out sleeve length…..I look at the models wearing the blouse, dress etc….sometimes the sleeves look ” overlong”….it’s not foolproof, but it has worked quite well in the past

Just a thought….grace xx

Celeste Starre
        Lady

Very true.   That’s what caught my eye first about this blouse and the measurements confirmed it.  I recently used that method regarding a blouse on ebay where sleeve length was not given in the description. It will be a while before I can confirm it though as that ones coming from China.

Anonymous
          Registered On:
          Topics: 58
          Replies: 1713

Merry Christmas Celeste xx

Bettylou Cox
      Duchess
      Registered On: May 26, 2019
      Topics: 18
      Replies: 1851

Unless I buy a size larger than my normal, I have the same “problem” with sleeves. We do have proportionally longer arms than GGs. But DeeAnn posted something yesterday which may also explain shorter sleeves: Jewelry length sleeves. Intentionally short, to display those lovely bracelets and bangles.

Paula Here
      Lady
      Registered On: April 13, 2020
      Topics: 5
      Replies: 62

I am having problems with sleeve and torso length.  When i stand up next to my 6’2″ friend he is much taller than me, but when we sit I am taller than he is.  My torso is even long to find men’s shirts that sit correctly.  ever top I have bought so far is almost a crop top. Make me wish for a flatter stomack so i would not mind my shirt riding up a bit. but the very pail slightly round belly that shows is not that atractive.

Paula

Bianca Everdene
      Lady
      Registered On: April 11, 2017
      Topics: 22
      Replies: 721

Thanks Celeste

Just my opinion but the more time I spend immersed in women’s clothing, both physically and metaphorically🤣🤣🤣 the more I am realising the length of sleeves, and indeed trousers doesn’t matter as much. Women’s clothing comes in a myriad of different lengths and they all look like they are meant to be that way! It’s crazy but I hardly ever see a women’s ankles/calf’s or wrists/forearms  and think ‘the sleeves/leg length is too short’.I think it’s just because there is so much variety (1/4 ,1/2, 3/4 length) it seems anything goes, or just pull them up a bit to make them 1/2 or 3/4 length.

Whereas if men’s shirts/trousers are not a perfect fit they do look ‘wrong’.

Another reason to love womenswear❤️

❤️B

Celeste Starre
        Lady

True enough. There sure are a lot of different women’s sleeve lengths.  Still a sleeve that comes just an inch or two from the wrist just looks off to me.

4 users thanked author for this post.
      Charlotte Gainsbourg
      Lady
      Registered On: December 15, 2020
      Replies: 92

I have just bought a dress and the sleeves are disappointingly too short. Thank you for the tip. I am now looking at Dorathy Perkins – Tall range, hoping their sleeves are longer. I want to cover my arms because they are slightly hairy and I can’t remove the hair because that will be noticed. I did think of geting a pinafore dress and then wearing a blouse or long sleeve top underneath. x

Celeste Starre
        Lady

Another tip would be to give a garment called a Sleevy Wonder a try  paired with certain dresses. Basically it’s a stretch lace bralet with sleeves.

Charlotte Gainsbourg
          Lady
          Registered On: December 15, 2020
          Replies: 92

Celeste, thank you for that advice, I am so glad I responded to your post 😊 x

Samantha Roarke
      Ambassador
      Registered On: April 17, 2019
      Topics: 43
      Replies: 1383

“But I don’t wanna be a pirate!”

Celeste Starre
        Lady

Ah ,but at the very end when he saw a bunch of homeless guys wearing them he said something like, you know that’s a nice shirt.

Viewing 14 reply threads
  • You must be logged in to reply to this topic.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

or    

Forgot your details?

Create Account