- December 23, 2020 at 1:13 pm #422281Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 844Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 2661 times
I’m sure I’m not alone there as we just usually have longer arms than most women. There are places that sell clothes designed for tall women like Long Tall Sally etc. but sometimes even their blouses could use a bit more. My best luck with L.T.S has been a couple of really cute leather biker jackets with one in brown and the other black. They were both perfect.
Anyway I was wandering around at Amazon recently when I came across this blouse. Based on the pics either the model had very short arms or the sleeves were extra long. The chart with the measurements indicated extra long sleeves so I ordered the black one. It arrived today and the sleeves are indeed long enough. If any are interested just type Hanna Nikole Blouse in Amazons search and you should find this one plus a few more.
- January 8, 2021 at 10:02 pm #429721Emily AltDuchess - AnnualRegistered On: August 24, 2019Topics: 11Replies: 496Has thanked: 401 timesBeen thanked: 2237 times
I think in general women have shorter arms than males. I’ve had to go up a size on some items so the sleeves a long enough. With oversize sweaters and some casual tops it’s not a big deal. But some stuff doesn’t look right and has to go back.
- January 8, 2021 at 5:24 pm #429631Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 844Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 2661 times
Just out of curiosity I looked for it on Ebay. Found it but it was a lot more expensive there than Amazon.
- January 8, 2021 at 1:24 pm #429498AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 5Replies: 95Has thanked: 1 timeBeen thanked: 302 times
Were there color options other than black? Or was black the only option?
- January 8, 2021 at 1:20 pm #429495Lisa SmithBaronessRegistered On: December 9, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 28Has thanked: 168 timesBeen thanked: 112 times
I have the same problem as Charlotte… hairy arms that I can’t really shave for several reasons. Long sleeve blouses and dresses are preferred but finding such with an acceptable length is a challenge, although bangles and bracelets can alleviate that issue somewhat. I trimmed my arm hair shorter so that it’s not so obvious but it’s still long enough that it doesn’t draw attention to that. I’ll have to look at the Sleevy Wonder as an alternative, so thank you Celeste! That sounds like it also might be an answer to how to disguise my upper chest/neck area when wearing dresses with a plunging neckline, which is an altogether different issue.
1 user thanked author for this post.
- December 26, 2020 at 11:50 am #423395Lily-Rose NielsenDuchessRegistered On: November 2, 2020Topics: 6Replies: 166Has thanked: 835 timesBeen thanked: 586 times
- December 26, 2020 at 7:06 am #423290Regine RichPrincessRegistered On: October 9, 2020Topics: 21Replies: 610Has thanked: 6370 timesBeen thanked: 2613 times
I have this same “knuckle dragging the ground” issue, and Im trying to find coats, with long sleeves, not an easy find, without going 3 sizes up.
- December 24, 2020 at 9:53 am #422697Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 844Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 2661 times
Here’s another on that I found on ebay that looks and seems to have extra long sleeves. It’s coming from China so will be awhile before I know for sure.
- December 24, 2020 at 8:51 am #422673Deborah SullivanDuchessRegistered On: February 27, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 534Has thanked: 2287 timesBeen thanked: 2063 times
I am glad others are aware of this as well. I prefer a blouse covering my wrist or it looks like its a size too small or maybe a hand me down. The longer the sleeve the better. Oh BTW I love the blouse you chose Celeste its very fem and girlie. It can go with so many outfits
- December 24, 2020 at 5:51 am #422579stephanie plumbBaroness - AnnualRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 135Replies: 1675Has thanked: 2604 timesBeen thanked: 7389 times
I will check this out. My knuckles almost drag along the ground if I walk with my manly stoop. As a lady however, with a nice straight back, they are only a little overlong. Three quarter sleeves? Who are they kidding!
- December 24, 2020 at 1:15 am #422495AnonymousRegistered On:Topics: 58Replies: 1713Has thanked: 7773 timesBeen thanked: 9458 times
If I am not actually buying in store where you can check out sleeve length…..I look at the models wearing the blouse, dress etc….sometimes the sleeves look ” overlong”….it’s not foolproof, but it has worked quite well in the past
Just a thought….grace xx
- December 24, 2020 at 5:19 am #422558Celeste StarreLadyRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 34Replies: 844Has thanked: 266 timesBeen thanked: 2661 times
Very true. That’s what caught my eye first about this blouse and the measurements confirmed it. I recently used that method regarding a blouse on ebay where sleeve length was not given in the description. It will be a while before I can confirm it though as that ones coming from China.
2 users thanked author for this post.
- December 24, 2020 at 5:26 am #422565
- December 23, 2020 at 8:45 pm #422449Bettylou CoxDuchessRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 18Replies: 1851Has thanked: 3430 timesBeen thanked: 6332 times
Unless I buy a size larger than my normal, I have the same “problem” with sleeves. We do have proportionally longer arms than GGs. But DeeAnn posted something yesterday which may also explain shorter sleeves: Jewelry length sleeves. Intentionally short, to display those lovely bracelets and bangles.
- December 23, 2020 at 7:54 pm #422439Paula HereLadyRegistered On: April 13, 2020Topics: 5Replies: 62Has thanked: 232 timesBeen thanked: 301 times
I am having problems with sleeve and torso length. When i stand up next to my 6’2″ friend he is much taller than me, but when we sit I am taller than he is. My torso is even long to find men’s shirts that sit correctly. ever top I have bought so far is almost a crop top. Make me wish for a flatter stomack so i would not mind my shirt riding up a bit. but the very pail slightly round belly that shows is not that atractive.
- December 23, 2020 at 5:09 pm #422382Bianca EverdeneLadyRegistered On: April 11, 2017Topics: 22Replies: 721Has thanked: 2778 timesBeen thanked: 2774 times
Just my opinion but the more time I spend immersed in women’s clothing, both physically and metaphorically🤣🤣🤣 the more I am realising the length of sleeves, and indeed trousers doesn’t matter as much. Women’s clothing comes in a myriad of different lengths and they all look like they are meant to be that way! It’s crazy but I hardly ever see a women’s ankles/calf’s or wrists/forearms and think ‘the sleeves/leg length is too short’.I think it’s just because there is so much variety (1/4 ,1/2, 3/4 length) it seems anything goes, or just pull them up a bit to make them 1/2 or 3/4 length.
Whereas if men’s shirts/trousers are not a perfect fit they do look ‘wrong’.
Another reason to love womenswear❤️
- December 23, 2020 at 3:59 pm #422344Charlotte GainsbourgLadyRegistered On: December 15, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 92Has thanked: 337 timesBeen thanked: 421 times
I have just bought a dress and the sleeves are disappointingly too short. Thank you for the tip. I am now looking at Dorathy Perkins – Tall range, hoping their sleeves are longer. I want to cover my arms because they are slightly hairy and I can’t remove the hair because that will be noticed. I did think of geting a pinafore dress and then wearing a blouse or long sleeve top underneath. x
- December 23, 2020 at 3:27 pm #422326Samantha RoarkeAmbassadorRegistered On: April 17, 2019Topics: 43Replies: 1383Has thanked: 4263 timesBeen thanked: 3004 times
“But I don’t wanna be a pirate!”
2 users thanked author for this post.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.