• This topic has 5 replies, 4 voices, and was last updated 5 years ago by Ang.
Viewing 5 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Ang
      Baroness

Hello there,

I am hoping some of you can help me out with some information. I am a partner of a cross dresser. We have been together for awhile and things are good 🙂 I’ve known about the dressing for almost 2 years now…..it has been challenging at times but in the long run it has definitely made our relationship stronger.

I am looking for some information on supplements. My partner is not a fan of doctors…in general not a fan of western medicine at all….I am a nurse so you can imagine my quandary when ze wants to pursue supplements on his own and is in fact doing that. As a nurse I want lists, research studies, known side effects, etc. I am reaching out to see if any of you have experience with supplements that are SAFE to use and over the counter. Additionally how do you know what you buy is what you get? I am so worried that the supplement my partner is using is possibly harmful. ALSO it is my understanding that side effects are often times irreversible….my partner states it takes months of continued use for that to occur……I just want to be sure that all the benefits and risks are known. My partner is a “closet” dresser….at home I mean, our kids don’t know, extended family doesn’t know, friends don’t know……ze has gone “en femme” for a midnight walk a time or two but that is the only “public” time-and it is nerve wracking for me as we live in a small very red town. I love zer very much and just want zer to be safe….so I am looking for insight from ppl who took over the counter supplements and got good results, and bad results. Safety is primary focus for me…but also I want to know that ze is getting what ze needs from it too…..does it really do what it claims you know.

Thanks for any insight…..
      P.S. Pronouns….at our home we tend to use ze, zem, and zers when speaking of transgendered of gender fluid people. My son’s former H.S. gender studies class introduced us to these pronouns. With my partner there is identity as male and at times female even though at present no female name, big decision there! So that is why I have used the z pronouns. It is supposed to be inclusive.

Edie Majeski
      Baroness

Hello, Ang. First I’m surprise your partner wants to use over the counter supplements since you described him as a closet dresser. Most closet dressers usually don’t use supplements since he is the only one to see himself crossdressing. As to over the counter supplements, I don’t use them myself, but I’ve done research on them and found that they do not live up to their claims. The results are none to very poor. Also, if there are any results, it’s permeant. Hopefully some of the other girls here at CDH who have tried supplements get give you more info.

Hi Ang

I have tried and reached them and waisted a lot off money on them, also you need to be very careful with over the counter supplements as they can course other issues with your liver, the best thing to do is find a good doctor that you can work with and go slowly

I hope that this is helpful XXX

Ang
      Baroness

Hi Ang. Thank you for your little story. Also, having been involved in the medical industry, I share your thoughts on “supplements”. First and foremost, each human being is different and supplements may or may not affect each of us in different ways, if at all.

Number one is this……..if you have any sort of physical malady and are taking prescription medicines….be very aware that supplements can inter-react with meds and cause serious side effects. In these cases, much research must be done to ensure your safety. The medical industry does not research these supplements and have no idea what they do or can cause, or how to treat such re-actions.

I have tried some of these supplements and have found that they don’t seem to do anything, irregardless of advertising claims. Quality control and ingredients are not checked or researched so you have no idea what you are getting. Some countries and races have used used botanicals for generations and may be immune to certain side effects……so be wary of their claims. Botanicals can take quite some time to make any effect and by the time you notice it…..it is too late. Coroners also don’t know about this material so cause of maladies or death will go undetected.

In short, we should all be very wary of what we put into our bodies. These days….even our food is suspect. Best bet……work closely with a qualified doctor in making any changes to your body. Further discussion on this subject is available by contacting me directly with specific questions….I will gladly try to assist with same. I am available to all the girls and welcome any insight or comments on their experiences. Hope this helps a bit with “ze” but in the end, people will do what they think they want and all advice is not taken.  Just be very careful and do not believe advertising or “recommendations or  claims” attached to such material. What works for one will kill another.

Lady Veronica

Ang
      Baroness

Thanks everyone…..I have shared your insight with my partner. I appreciate each of you taking the time to respond.

Viewing 5 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?