Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author

Hello Ladies! I am looking for some suggestions for jeans or pants! I want some ladies jeans and pants to wear daily without them being all bedazaled and decorative. Also don’t want ankle jeans or pants. Kinda hard to “blend” in when your pants don’t cover your work boots! Also open to other clothing suggestions, as I am new to dressing and still not to sure how my S.O. is feeling about it. She is ok with panties. But not sure about anything else. Thank you in advance! Hugs Stacy.

Emily Alt
      Managing Ambassador

I like the Amanda jeans from Gloria Vanderbilt. They’re somewhat androgynous.  Definitely not skinny jeans. No adornments.  Fit well with a bit of stretch.  Super comfortable.  And they’re inexpensive.  I’m stealth at work and wear them most days.

/EA

Have a couple of pairs and love them; very comfortable and no need for a belt with the elasticated waist.. Worn them for three? years and not had one comment.The only tell is that I think the zipper on the fly is slightly shorter than on regular guy jeans. Best, Marlene.

i second gloria vanderbilt jeans, i have a few pairs.

The denim they use is stretchy, and is really comfortable.  My only gripe is the shallow pockets.

Emily Alt
        Managing Ambassador

Agree about the shallow pockets.  They’re still usable but limited.  This is probably the #1 complaint from women about the jeans they buy.  Almost all brands make their front pockets half depth or less.

/EA

Yeah, those darn pockets. Another reason the get out a sexy little over the shoulder purse from the closet to carry your necessary stuff. I have a go to patent black with gold chain I just love.

Levis has a great range of women’s jeans in all shapes and sizes and leg lengths.

Love ‘em.

B x

Peta Mari
      Lady

I love jeggings i have a unbilical hernia which is aggravated by wearing a belt. So the high waisted jeggings are very comfortable

Wore my jogging s today doing gardening  to try to kept those awful mosquitos at bay. Worked!

Anonymous

I wear Lee Riders…I recommend…

Anonymous

Hi Stacy, Im a big fan of  Hollisters jeans. They run specials pretty frequently i got the last pair for $25. They fit right and aside from the small pockets i like them alot. Good luck!

Becka
      Lady

when I bought my first pair of femme jeans, they were and continue to be outwardly feminine. They aren’t bedazzled, but I do we skinny, slim at the ankle or capri length jeans.

I do have “regular cut” pair as well, also femme. First thing was fit. I took a pair of mens jeans that were my size and compared them with the femme jeans, till I found a match. Then I knew what to look for.

Then I just tried shopping. Now you do have to pay attention to the “rise”. I Like low rise, although high rise are in right now. That just means they come further up the waistline, towards the belly! 🙂

Find what you like and what is comfortable for you. You will have to try them on, as I’ve found several “my size” that did not fit! You might have to go up or down a size for some jeans.

Lastly, go to a Goodwill or other thrift store. There are generally tons of jean, and at a great price! That is all I do! Have fun! I have not bought a male pair of jeans in 3 years now. You will enjoy the feel!

Becka!

Love Gloria Vanderbilt stretch jeans.

Me too! I love them. They fit soooo nice.

I have jeans from Silver, Gap, Guess, Lee, and Cosco. All are great and not overly femme for when I want to blend.

Paula

Harriette
        Lady

Don’t forget Old Navy, too. They have some tall sizes.

Harriette
      Lady

You just need to be prepared, Stacy, so that when you are confronted with a rack or table of clothes, you can quickly eliminate the ones that are just a waste of time.

Take accurate measurements and write them down, carry them with you when shopping. Find clothes you have now that fit well and measure across the waistband when it is closed but pulled snug, in the same way they are on display in a store. If using a corset, subtract about 2”. Then measure the inseam of pants that are long enough to cover as much of your shoes and heel as you want without dragging on the ground. Measure a cuff width that fits your boots well.

With these two main measurements, plus maybe your hip size (generally not a problem), bring a tape measure to size up the pants that interest you when in a store. Then, if you want to be thorough, take them to the fitting room and try them on. I haven’t used a fitting room, now, in months.

If pants are hung on a rack with hangers, I now scan the cuffs, to see which are the longest. If there aren’t any that stand out, I move on because it’s obvious that the inseams are too short (maybe 26-29″ vs 32-33″).

If they don’t measure up in the main places, you’re wasting your time. Practice for tomorrow even if you aren’t going to buy today. You will be more efficient and confident when you need to be. Tape measures (and good note taking) don’t lie.

Also, you can’t rely on arbitrary sizing numbers, either. Generally, sizing guides suggest that I am a 14-16. So why do I fit a size 8? Things that make you go hmmm.

One problem that I find with women’s pants are the wide pant legs or bell bottoms. They are not stealthy or are dateable fashion.

I’m not going to give a brand, because everyone’s size, style, and fit is different.

What you want is “boot cut” jeans, which are wider in the legs and meant to go over the boots. You also need to pay attention to the inseam length so they aren’t too short.

Women’s jeans tend to have small front pockets. When I wear them in male mode, I find I can fit my phone in the front pocket horizontally. I can put car keys in my front pockets too. But my wallet has to go into my back pocket.

Women’s jeans tend to have a bit of a stretch to them to accommodate different waist/hip ratios. But the waist tends to run smaller. Men are built differently, with the hip size not as large compared to the waist. This makes the sizing difficult. It may take trial and error to find the size, and the size can differ between brands. If ordering online, make sure the measurements given match yours.

Stacy, if your s/o knows of your gender gift, always, always ask her opinion first. She will thank you for it., maybe even help out in finding your best style for public outings.

I wear woman’s jeans only and have for years. Men’s jeans fit like sacks and woman’s fit like gloves. Stretch jeans only. They are glorious and look fantastic with a pair of open toe pumps in any color. You can get all sorts of stretch jeans with neutral back pocket patterns. I get all mine at DD’s Discount in Florida. Oh and they have the sexiest purses so be sure to grab at least one. Lol  you can get stretch jeans wide enough to wear with work boots. Hope this helps. Walmart have them too but not as nice. I like the fit of the designer ones better.

Hi Stacy,  About the pockets, I agree with the Gloria Vanderbilt wearers.  They are some of my daily favorite jeans.  However, I do modify the left pocket on many of my jeans (and sometimes the right one too) by grafting on a longer pocket from an older scrap pair of mens jeans.  I just cut the pocket off on the inside of the donor jeans and then cut the bottom seam open on the jean with the short pocket.  Then I just fabric glue or sew the donor pocket on and I’m done.  This usually makes the pocket twice as long and my phone, wallet or keys don’t work their way to the top when I sit in the car.  I do carry a larger coach bag as my go to purse but sometimes just want to travel light.  I hope that this helps you.  Marg

I got my first woman’s jeans from a second hand shop. They were Guess jeans and very comfortable as they had a lot of stretch to them. Since then I’ve got up to about 7 pairs of women’s jeans and enjoy wearing them and so so while even in male mode.  When out shopping be honest with the sales associates and you will find they are very helpful and don’t judge.

J J
      Lady

My everyday jeans are Levi ladies jeans. They look very similar to Levi 501s, my go to jean until I discovered the comfort and stretchy fit of the women’s version. That is pretty much all I wear these days.

The only jeans I own are St. John’s Bay from JC Penney. There is nothing about them that would give them away, other than the short zipper. I tried Amanda but they were too hippy on my, since I have no hips.

SexxyGrl
      Lady

Skinny jeans are my favorites, my wife say that I have a nice butt;)

I get my jeans & pants from Walmart. My femme Dickies fit well and nobody, family or otherwise has said a word to me about them.

https://www.dropbox.com/s/8rf9f8s10bvnq3d/dickies.jpg?dl=0

Agreed about Gloria Vanderbilt Amanda style jeans. They have somewhere around 2% Spandex which makes a noticeable difference in not only fit but also flexibility. I have several pair in various colors. They make them with plain or fancy rear pockets, but all mine are plain. The embellishments never appealed to me. Before I retired, I would wear them to work in Don mode. Their logo is sewn into the watch pocket (going from memory as I’m too lazy to go check) in basically the same color as the jeans It isn’t large So it isn’t noticeable.

While the pocket size is a bit annoying, I carry a backpack as I use a cane so I can have one hand free. A messenger bag would also work.

Interesting thing about the Amandas is the consistency of their sizing. Granted, it has been a few years since I bought any, but I had gotten to the point where I pretty much stopped trying them on. Their Size 14 fit just fine, every time. But, whether that is still the case, I don’t know.

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?