- August 15, 2020 at 1:18 pm #374444sarasue olsonParticipantRegistered On: October 7, 2018Topics: 22Replies: 160Has thanked: 438 timesBeen thanked: 724 times
My favorite time of the year is fall, we are about half way through august and I am about ready to bring out the fall and winter clothes I bought last spring on sale. And dig out all me favorite cozy sweaters and skirts that have been stored away for the summer. I love the smell of the woods after A good frost and see all the beautiful fall color taking place as well as the demise of all the biting insects. Here in the country we burn leaves and sitting around A big pile of burning leaves is something you city people are missing out on. The feel of velvet and wool dresses and skirts and pants on A cool fall night topped with soft sweater is something I long for about this time of year, How many of you girls feel this way?
- August 17, 2020 at 5:39 am #374995Wendy SwiftParticipantRegistered On: May 11, 2020Topics: 1Replies: 206Has thanked: 123 timesBeen thanked: 643 times
You are not the only one. Fall is my 2nd favourite season, first being winter. I love the cooler temps and shorter days (yes, I am a vampire due to meds I take which make me more susceptible to the sun).
Why winter ? I absolutely love cold temps. I can dress without overheating and sweating profusely. If I go out, I wear a thicker jacket which helps hide my male features like my broader shoulders. If I underdress in a one piece swimsuit, I can do so as a parka hides the swimsuits straps. This year I am trying something different during the summer, if the temps hit 23 or above, I have to refrain from transforming into Wendy as it gets way too hot for me.
- August 16, 2020 at 6:14 am #374668Carla JonesParticipantRegistered On: May 14, 2017Topics: 4Replies: 258Has thanked: 42 timesBeen thanked: 893 times
I do enjoy fall, the cooler days and evenings. But I also love the summer, short skirts, sleeveless tops and sandals galore! I really don’t care for winter, once Christmas is over I’m through with the cold and ready for spring.
- August 16, 2020 at 5:04 am #374654stephanie plumbParticipantRegistered On: November 17, 2018Topics: 80Replies: 708Has thanked: 799 timesBeen thanked: 2170 times
Hic! I love an apple cider at any time of year……… The drier the better, but these days in the UK it is very hard to find good very dry ciders. Scrumpy … no one seems to make it anymore (EU regulations?)
I remember the days when a local pub kept small wooden casks of cider so ultra dry that it puckered up one’s lips so much that they looked like a cat’s bottom, not that i go round studying cats anatomy, but I guess you can see what I mean. The accompanying hot flushes and inability to control one’s legs was a price we had to pay. There was one time when I walked out of the pub, lost my legs and head butted a stone wall across the road. Happy days.
And I do like the Autumn. The desire to go around with bare shoulders and spaghetti strap dresses gradually fades and my favourite jumper/skirt combinations come out. But I still like bare shoulders on a warm day.
- August 16, 2020 at 3:35 am #374646Stephanie KennedyParticipantRegistered On: March 15, 2019Topics: 9Replies: 599Has thanked: 3598 timesBeen thanked: 2156 times
Hi Sarasue Fall is My favorite also. I love the colors of leaves slowly changing . Farmer mrkts, hay rides, corn hazes and being around my favorite gender trying to look cute and pretty Its a reminder to organize closet and yes go shopping for something new and colorful that will go with my leggins. It is a lovely time of year. Luv Stephanie
- August 15, 2020 at 9:35 pm #374596Kelly WayneParticipantRegistered On: April 8, 2020Topics: 3Replies: 42Has thanked: 755 timesBeen thanked: 178 times
- August 15, 2020 at 6:49 pm #374570Alice LidellParticipantRegistered On: August 8, 2020Topics: 2Replies: 12Has thanked: 8 timesBeen thanked: 73 times
- August 15, 2020 at 5:03 pm #374539Bettylou CoxParticipantRegistered On: May 26, 2019Topics: 14Replies: 1347Has thanked: 2084 timesBeen thanked: 3853 times
- August 15, 2020 at 3:33 pm #374515Stevie SteinerParticipantRegistered On: June 11, 2020Topics: 22Replies: 463Has thanked: 1905 timesBeen thanked: 2169 times
Without a doubt the best season of all. I have taken more vacations in September than any other month. Nature shows off its beauty, and the cooler nights allow for more snuggling. ( I love snuggling, okay? Lol ).
- August 15, 2020 at 2:31 pm #374471Jennifer McCrennaughParticipantRegistered On: July 18, 2019Topics: 7Replies: 127Has thanked: 2222 timesBeen thanked: 320 times
Fall is my absolute favorite time of year. The colors, the smells, the traditions and the warmth of the coming holidays. I love it. Not to mention I can finally get back into my pantyhose without them being a sauna. 😉
- August 15, 2020 at 2:22 pm #374467Vanessa HarrisParticipantRegistered On: July 7, 2020Topics: 11Replies: 63Has thanked: 69 timesBeen thanked: 341 times
- August 15, 2020 at 2:18 pm #374466Kay AndersonParticipantRegistered On: June 1, 2020Topics: 14Replies: 423Has thanked: 3225 timesBeen thanked: 2101 times
- August 15, 2020 at 1:49 pm #374451Celeste StarreParticipantRegistered On: June 26, 2018Topics: 24Replies: 542Has thanked: 129 timesBeen thanked: 1347 times
Fall is also my favorite time of year. The fashion is part of it but it’s mostly the temperature and the beauty of the changing leaves. Another plus is the tourists all go home although this year the pandemic kept many of them away.
- You must be logged in to reply to this topic.