• This topic has 9 replies, 10 voices, and was last updated 1 year ago by Anonymous.
Viewing 9 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Cece X
      Lady

My response to JJ’s recent forum topic led me to ponder introspectively about this challenging aspect of my crossdressing. I choose to remain private about most thing in my life. As a result, only a few people know about my crossdressing, and I am most comfortable that way.

I love to see myself in a mirror in all stages of crossdressing, from lingerie to dresses. Yet, when I take a selfie, I always crop my head. I thought I had come to self acceptance of my crossdressing, but I today realized that when it comes to documenting the adventure I must be feeling conflicted. I guess I have a longer journey ahead in accepting myself as a crossdresser.

Does anyone else respond differently to self images in the mirror and in photographs?

• This topic was modified 1 year ago by Cece X.

Totally. I can’t abide photos of me, but in my case it’s not attached to crossdressing. I’ve always disliked having my picture taken and firmly believe that they’re all terrible. I do like seeing my reflection in the mirror after dressing, though. I think the difference is that photos are static, but we’re not, and they always look like they are halfway between one state and another, unnaturally so. I don’t have many hangups, but this is definitely one and I’ve been called out for it most of my life. My wife just tells me to shut it when I start to grinch about having my picture taken, and I have to hide my cringe when she insists on showing me and saying “look how pretty you are!” I swear I die a little every time.

J J
      Lady

Funny, I am just the opposite. I am in few “regular” pictures, but I have quite a lot of en femme pictures. I do like to use the mirror as well when dressed, but rarely look in the mirror en homme.

I have given up worrying about being outed, so don’t bother cropping pictures (most of the time.) Once I started going out in public I figured what’s the point of worrying.

Hi Cece

Is it perhaps partly due to being able to feminise our body easier than to feminise our heads?
      With out bodies shapewear, forms, and feminine clothing make our bodies look  feminine.
      On our head we can use make up and wigs, and feminise our hair if we are lucky enough to have enough hair, but there are many masculine traits it’s hard to cover. Our features tend to be bigger, noses, forehead, adams apple, jaw. I wonder if this is perhaps reducing the overall feminine vibe in your selfies, leading you to crop your head.

Or perhaps something psychological seeing Cece in a stored image makes you nervous.

Just speculating, no offence my friend.

B x

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Perhaps it’s because we can see our male selves in any picture and the face is probably the strongest feature. Even after many years of dressing I can see a complete woman in the mirror but in pictures I still see the face and always pick the best of them, deleting the rest. We are our own worse critics but, for those like me who dress full time, it is the reactions and compliments of others that confirm what they see and not what I see.

Fiona Black
      Baroness - Annual

As a male, I have never liked the way I looked in photos. As a female, I like having my picture taken and am pleased with the way I look in them.

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

The first time I ever posted a pic of me completely dressed and with makeup I was nervous and scared. But after that first time I enjoy putting myself out there.

Hugs, Liara

Hi Cece X  As i love to watch myself in a mirror getting dressed and the final product ha ha .. But having a photo to look back on i can pick out the things i need work on And even wife says she does nor recognise Drab me in the photos as a differant lady looking back at her so must be doing something right yea..

Stephanie Bass

Hi girls,

Well, if you go to my profile page you can view my photo’s and will see that I’m not camera shy.  I’ve always been camera shy as a guy, hated pictures of myself, a common story with transgender women. Now that I live as a woman I love having my picture taken and happy to show them off.

Hugs,

Ms. Lauren M

Anonymous

I actually only trust selfies. I don’t like the lighting around most mirrors in my home so I take pics of everything to make sure I look presentable.

Viewing 9 reply threads
  • The forum ‘General Chat “Life as it Goes On”’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?