Viewing 1 reply thread
New Forums
  • Author
      Carlie Blanche-Dubois
      Princess - Annual

The skin on my face is very sensitive.  I was told to apply lotion after showering because the pores are open and it is absorbed better.  Whether just out of the shower or not, every time I  put lotion on my face, it burns and sometimes turns my face redder than it normally is!   I’ve tried many products that say “for sensitive skin”, but they all burn in varying degrees (sorry about the pun).  The only stuff that doesn’t burn are products like Aquaphor, but that’s the equivalent of smearing my face with petroleum jelly….lol.  It seems that the alcohol in the lotions is what is affecting me.

Any suggestions?

Thanks so much! xx

Hi Carla, while everybody’s skin will react differently, it might require a little trial and error to find one specific to your face. Yes, there are the usual go-to lotions such as you have named. Anything that can be used for healing rashes, cuts, scrapes like petroleum jelly typically won’t burn. You probably have a sensitivity to an additive used in most lotions, including the fragrance.

Short of straight petroleum jelly, you can try one or more of the following:

1) Creamy Petroleum Jelly (has vitamin E and 30% petroleum jelly), but goes on like regular lotion. This stuff is actually really great yet super duper cheap.

2) Dermasil (at the dollar store)… the basic one. They make Aloe Fresh which tends to not sting, but there is some fragrance in it. This is my every day go to for face and body.

3) Go to the baby isle and grab a lotion formulated for babies. You can even use baby oil, but tends to be a little greasy for a bit, but does dry down pretty quick.

The rest of the lotions, serums, anything else really other than the above or the aquaphor/cerave/vaseline you’ve mentioned has too many ingredients that are irritating to sensitive/broken skin.

Carlie Blanche-Dubois
        Princess - Annual

Thank you so much for the quick reply!  I never knew about “Creamy Petroleum Jelly”.  I’m going to try that first.

Carlie Blanche-Dubois
        Princess - Annual

Thanks for all of the advice Carmen.  The creamy petroleum jelly works.  No burning!

Viewing 1 reply thread
  • The topic ‘Lotion that doesn’t burn….hanks so much!’ is closed to new replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?