Viewing 19 reply threads
New Forums
  • Author
      Barb Wire
      Lady

My Goodness, Ladies!

It finally happened!

While at the Post Office humming and hawing about the optional costs of sending a Christmas package to England for relatives, I had a wonderful chat with the lovely and young female postal-official (PO), perhaps 30 or 35 years of age.

PO: If you send it by surface mail, it’ll be about $60 and take 10 to 12 weeks.

Me: And the other option?

PO: Airmail is $93 and I’ll be in Yorkshire in about 5 business days.

Well, since I was sending oatmeal cookies my daughter made (yes, this is still OK) plus other “perishable” stuff, I went for the more expensive option.

Me: OK, let’s feed the cat another canary and go for airmail.

PO: I’ll just need you to fill out this declaration form, Ma’am.

Me: ! ! !

PO: Oh, dear god! Sorry!

Me: No need to be! And thank you!

PO: (Squints eyes) Wow! you look better than I do!

PO & Me: LOL! HA HA!!

I guess my long hair and remnants of my mascara and lipstick threw her off.

Anyway, lovely experience! Maybe I really can go out en femme more often after all!

Happy Holidays, One and All!!

Barb 🙂

Anonymous

Good for you Barb! Some times the feminine vibe is just too strong and people will react accordingly.

Gaby

Barb Wire
        Lady

Thanks, Gabriela! I was glowing that day!

Hugs! Barb 🙂

Should we now refer to as your majesty Barb?
      Liz

Barb Wire
        Lady

Oh no! I’m a proud commoner. But thanks anyway Liz!

xx Barb

Anonymous

Congrats Barb Do know living in the South and Texas it rude not to call ladies Ma am. always being called Maam where ever go.

Donna

Barb Wire
        Lady

I’m on my way!!

🙂

Anonymous

Yes Ma am

[postquote quote=589237]

Would Dame or Lady be appropriate then?
      Liz

Stevie Steiner
      Managing Ambassador

Excellent Barb!!  What a great experience that must have been.  That had to have you grinning all the way home….. Ma’am.  😁

I love oatmeal cookies and a cuppa tea.  Maybe Canada Post will screw up and send them here!  😅

Stevie

Liara Wolfe
      Duchess

Thanks for sharing.

Hugs, Liara

Ha ha, that’s so fun. Congrats. I got called ma’am once walking into a store, dressed en femme, but as I thought about it, I think there was a bit of sarcasm there. It was fun all the same, but my initial feeling of “Yes, I did it,” turned into, “I don’t think that means what you think it means. ha ha.”

Barb Wire
        Lady

Thanks, Sarah!

Oh, no doubt I got the same. Let’s agree that it was perhaps both sarcasm and a compliment! I don’t look anywhere near as lovely as the young postal lady, but I still appreciated the comment.

Barb 🙂

Angela Booth
      Hostess

Well that’s amazing! $60, 10 -12 weeks to deliver  a parcel by surface mail to blighty! Well I suppose that’s a lot of swimming or rowing to do! 

Oh and that’s also amazing you being referred to as ‘Ma’am’. So you’ll be going out En femme more then?

Barb Wire
        Lady

Yes, I thought that was odd too, Angela.

I figure it being the Holiday Season that even surface delivery would be quicker than usual. Interestingly, any other time of the year surface delivery is it is quicker! So I asked why does it take so long now for the ship to reach England?

She agreed is sounds weird, but the ship won’t leave Canadian waters until the boat is completely filled with packages. Well, at this time of year, nearly everyone is using airmail to deliver their packages overseas, so the ship remains docked until full.

I love irony!

🙂 Barb

The changing trends towards acceptance, of the younger generation.  It must have been a very pleasing feeling Barb.

Barb Wire
        Lady

I agree, Requal!

I just hope today’s accepting young ones don’t get bitter with dreams unfulfilled once they reach middle-age.

Barb 🙂

Truly said.  We can only hope and lead by example.

Krista
      Duchess

Hi Barb, Thanks for sharing your story.  I really love being called Ma’am.  It happens to me regularly nowadays.  So much so, that when I don’t get called Ma’am I’m thoroughly disappointed.

My wife on the other hand despises it when I get called Ma’am or if we are out together and we get called “Ladies” (especially by food servers in restaurants).  We no longer go to eat at restaurants and not because of Covid or the expense, it’s because my wife doesn’t like it when I referred to as a female.  So now we do meal pickups at restaurants (I guess covid was good for something). Have a lovely rest of the week, Hugs, Krista.

Sylvia
      Lady

Dear Barb ,

I love your story , sounds like a very nice lady at the post office !
      Glad you had a good time.

Love Sylvia.

Barb,

I can relate.
      I was ma’am’d last Christmas in the checkout line at JCP, “I can help you over here, ma’am” was all she said but it put a smile on my face for the rest of the day. Covid masks aren’t all that bad, i guess.

Thanks for sharing.
      -joanne

Wendy Me
      Lady

That used to piss my wife off so much. I let my hair grow for years with just trims, halfway down my back. Waiters would come and ask what can I get you ladies?

Amazing and fun story Barb! Thank you for sharing. Made me smile for you!!!!!

I’ve been called Ma’am a lot of times even when in total male mode and at the big box store buying guy things. I sometimes wonder if maybe my panties, slip or bra is showing.

Once at a restaurant with my wife and another couple the waitress asked me “And what can I get for you, Ma’am.”  She not only called me Ma’am once but twice. I wasn’t offended but my wife thought it was funny.

I’ve often thought that if people think I’m female then why shouldn’t I dress as a woman out in public more often.

I am very petite, and I have long hair and I really don’t have to put on a lot of make-up to look feminine. All I need is to be wearing a dress and I often think people never give me a second look.

The only times I’ve been read is when someone takes notice of me from behind and thinks I’m a cute girl and then walks past me to really check me out. I don’t look that bad as a woman but I’m far from the cute girl they may think I am by just seeing me from behind.

so fun, i wish our PO was that personable

Lara Muir
      Baroness - Annual

Congratulations Barb,

Must have been a lovely feeling!

💕Lara🤗

• This reply was modified 2 years ago by Lara Muir.
      Cassie Jayson
      Duchess

I have been called ma’am more than I can count. Many times when in drab, I remember once many years ago at least twice while at the check out at 2 different places they were about 20 to 25 years ago times when I let my hair grow over my ears and down to my collar in the back. I guess my face could go either way, so that when my hair is longer I am easily misgendered while presenting as male. Years ago when I had no intention of crossdressing or transitioning I was mildly annoyed (or was I, don’t know for sure ). Today everytime I am called ma’am or her or she no matter how I am dressed I smile (makes me happy).

. . .Cassie

Donna,You are correct about calling all ladies maam.My Mother and Father taught all three children maam and sir,from the age of nine or ten.Then there was six years of Army time and to quote my drill instructor,Staff Sergent McFarland,”The first words from you better be Maam yes maam or Sir yes sir.Dont say no to your drill sergeant or your mother.hahaha lol Hugs Michelle.

Barb Wire
      Lady

Thanks, Bobbisue! Please give your doggie a scratch behind the ears from me!

Hugs! Barb 🙂

Viewing 19 reply threads
  • The forum ‘Personal Crossdressing Stories’ is closed to new topics and replies.
Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Subscribe To Our Newsletter

Join our mailing list to receive the latest news and updates from Crossdresser Heaven.

You have Successfully Subscribed!

Forgot your details?